New (fat) member needs CCW help - Page 3

New (fat) member needs CCW help

This is a discussion on New (fat) member needs CCW help within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; About the 7th to say pocket carry (in a holster) given the manner of dress required. Ruger LCP 380 is about as small & light ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: New (fat) member needs CCW help

About the 7th to say pocket carry (in a holster) given the manner of dress required.
    Ruger LCP 380 is about as small & light as it gets, however a 9mm Kahr PM9/CM9 is very pocketable.

Another option would be Smartcarry: Single Pocket Concealed Carry Gun Holster | SmartCarry

If I could legally carry at work, but had to tuck-in my shirt, I'd wear a Smartcarry (I've got one) with a slim 9mm Shield or Kahr P9 and ...
    carry a PM9 or LCP (depending on pants) in my pocket.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Welcome, try pocket carry. I pocket carry every week day because of the way I have to dress.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Distinguished Member
    Today I'm carrying a Sig P938 in a Remora (reinforced top, sweat shield, fixed UltiClip) AIWB in Reebok sweat pants with the drawstring untied.
    The stickiness of the holster again my flabulent belly and the UltiClip actually keep the sweat pants from sagging. If I need to put extra (heavy) stuff in my pockets, a slight tightening of the drawstring does the trick.

This is also available as a tuckable holster, but the standard spring clip is junk... the UltiClip is a must for anything like this.

I have an identical setup as this for a Sig P250 / P320 and it works just as well.

... and yes... I am as rotund as the day is long.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Rainsong's Avatar
    Albuquerque, NM (although not really NEW, not really MEXICO!)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    About the 7th to say pocket carry (in a holster) given the manner of dress required.
    Ruger LCP 380 is about as small & light as it gets, however a 9mm Kahr PM9/CM9 is very pocketable.

Another option would be Smartcarry: Single Pocket Concealed Carry Gun Holster | SmartCarry

If I could legally carry at work, but had to tuck-in my shirt, I'd wear a Smartcarry (I've got one) with a slim 9mm Shield or Kahr P9 and ...
    carry a PM9 or LCP (depending on pants) in my pocket.
    Can you draw that without dropping your pants??
    Kennydale likes this.

CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm, CZ75 B 9mm
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm
    Taurus TCP 738 .380
    Ruger LCP Custom .380
    SIg Sauer P938 9mm (Wife's)
    Sig Sauer P238 .380 (Wife's)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
    I've never worn it with a belt, only gym type shorts and its been a while since I wore it.

Note that I said I would have a pocket gun and the Smartcarry if I could legally carry at work and had to tuck-in my shirt.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Two solutions... cooler months wear a blazer cover coat and carry OWB... Most of the time since it is a little warm there I recommend URBAN carry holsters... go to their site and click on the video as it is worth a thousand words.

https://urbancarryholsters.com/

^^^bettwr than that go to YouTube and watch common guys try draw from a Urban carry, it is comical! Very messy, but comical.

All depends on your body shape but I tried a Smartcarry with a Ruger LC380 and it looked like I was bursting to get out of my pants and stand at attention. BUT, Smartcarry does give you 60 days to try their product and still return it for a full refund! So it's atleast worth a try. I took the refund.

Big Foot Gunbelts makes very nice leather gun belts, they are very sturdy and they look very professional for dress clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
    I use the 3Speed Holster. It's a better belly band but. I don't deep conceal

I use mine as an AIWB but I don't tuck. Once I wire it deep conceal at a wedding. If There was a SHTF situation I'd have had to drop my pants to get at firearm. I'm just TOO FLUFFY to be digging in my crotch for firearm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

VIP Member
    My suggestions in order of importance (to me)

1 Get a gun belt. A real honest to god gun belt. Once you have one then at least you can make a serious judgement regarding your options.
    Bigfoot is my favorite followed by "A Better Belt". Everyone in here has a favorite. I have to replace all mine due to recent weight loss (Hint,
    Get really really sick, good quick start plan).

2 Pocket carry. Gun belt will even help here. I pocket carry a Ruger LC9s when the occasion demands it.

3 I have several shirts I got at Cabelas which have snaps in lieu of the top 3 buttons which allows for either Kangaroo Carry (which I don't think works that well for us "fluffies") or I have worn a 3 speed above my belly like a shoulder holster and found it works quite well. The heavier material keeps it's shape much better than the Kangaroo. The snap buttons give almost instant access.

4 I have some concealed carry pants Concealed Carry Holsters and Concealed Carry Pants: Comfortable Deep Fast which have a built in adjustable holster in the pocket of choice and the pockets have snaps so when you want to draw the pocket "breaks open" widely allowing much better access than standard pockets.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

I am in shape. I must reemphasize to those who are skeptical of this claim that round is a shape. For the OP I can relate. Fortunately I live in a climate that allows me to "get away" with this method of concealing a commander size .45 OWB at 3:30 to 4:00. Start with a T shirt, then comes a 1.5" wide stiff. purpose built gun belt ( a real necessity for any kind of firearm larger than a Sig P938), follow with a set of Perry Suspenders ( they actually attach to the belt which is where the stress of holding up your firearm is centered...but you all know that) and top off with some sort of untucked shirt. Pay attention when walking into the wind, make sure the shirt covers the holster if you are carrying OWB, not so much of an issue for those using the IWB style. Do not ask for pictures, the forum has rules you see. Good luck, get as much training as you can and keep the situational awareness cranked up.
    100% of home invasions occur......in someone's home.....usually without warning.

Another fluffy guy here. I wear a button up shirt tucked in with a 9mm shield in a alien gear 3.0 cloak tuck and a alien gear belt. Shirt tucks and looks like the other side wear it at 3 o'clock.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

As mentioned, your best bet is probably a pocket holster or get a sport coat to throw on and carry OWB.

There are polo type shirts that have an elastic band on the bottom hem that are designed to be worn out and not tucked in. These are acceptable in most business casual situations. They fit loose and you won't print.

I would get a smaller gun and carry in a thin pocket holster. The S&W Bodyguard is good, I've shot a Kahr p380 and will likely get one. The p380 is about the smallest mainstream 380 out there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links