Carry Increasingly Prohibited In Public Venues - Page 5

Carry Increasingly Prohibited In Public Venues

This is a discussion on Carry Increasingly Prohibited In Public Venues within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rainsong : And no, I don't think I can handle any problems with a folding knife. Although, I think I would be ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: Carry Increasingly Prohibited In Public Venues

Quote Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
    : And no, I don't think I can handle any problems with a folding knife. Although, I think I would be more likely to sneak in that than a metal cane.
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Any tool/weapon is better than NO weapon if there's a problem.

FGX CAT Tanto by Cold Steel

"Made from Griv-Ex™- the latest in fiberglass reinforced plastic — our FGX Nightshade series"

Disclaimer:
    I am not advocating carrying a non-metallic knife where weapons are prohibited.
    I'd rather not go to whatever "entertainment" than be disarmed, voluntarily giving up my rights is not entertaining.

Full disclosure:
    The idea of having it (on principle) Note I am not advocating carrying where weapons prohibited, always follow the law.

Something to ponder:
    Others in attendance at an event where metal detectors are utilized could easily be armed with similar non-metallic weapons.
    AzQkr likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post

"Made from Griv-Ex™- the latest in fiberglass reinforced plastic — our FGX Nightshade series"

Disclaimer:
    I'd rather not go to whatever "entertainment" than be disarmed, voluntarily giving up my rights is not entertaining.

Full disclosure:
    The idea of having it (on principle) Note I am not advocating carrying where weapons prohibited, always follow the law.

Something to ponder:
    Others in attendance at an event where metal detectors are utilized could easily be armed with similar non-metallic weapons.
    I was only going to the fair and was traveling back to the home state so didn't bring anything like that with me. However, I do have a custom necker straight blade that's made of carbon fiber when in knowing I'm moving into an NPE somewhere. The fair was an impromptu event the female companion decided she wanted to revisit after a lot of years not attending due to the criminal element that had gotten worse over the years.

Those npe blades serve a purpose, as you suggest sir.
    CDW4ME likes this.

The OP is California. States need preemption laws. In MI, a municipality can't legally make public space a gun free zone. There's a current legal battle in Ann Arbor over a similar violation.
    Psalm 144:1

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Just recently I noticed such signs in a bank at Walmarts and at the local hospital office building that weren't there the last time I was.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post

Disclaimer:

Full disclosure:

Something to ponder:
    I read the one review on that knife and the reviewer states it is illegal to possess an "undetectable" weapon. He gave no reference, and I find nothing in FL law prohibiting such a weapon. Anyone have an idea on this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I don't go to fairs.
    Okeechobee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I read the one review on that knife and the reviewer states it is illegal to possess an "undetectable" weapon. He gave no reference, and I find nothing in FL law prohibiting such a weapon. Anyone have an idea on this.
    California law:

Section 12001.1. (Amended by Stats. 2008, Ch. 111, Sec. 1.)
    Cite as: Cal. Penal Code §12001.1.

California Penal Code - PEN Section 12001.1.

Any person in this state who commercially manufactures or causes to be commercially manufactured, or who knowingly imports into the state for commercial sale, or who knowingly exports out of this state for commercial, dealer, wholesaler, or distributor sale, or who keeps for commercial sale, or offers or exposes for commercial, dealer, wholesaler, or distributor sale, any undetectable knife is guilty of a misdemeanor. As used in this section, an “undetectable knife” means any knife or other instrument with or without a handguard that is capable of ready use as a stabbing weapon that may inflict great bodily injury or death that is commercially manufactured to be used as a weapon and is not detectable by a metal detector or magnetometer, either handheld or otherwise, that is set at standard calibration.

Michigan Knife Laws

What is Legal to Own

Butterfly knives, also called balisong knives, are legal.
    Dirks, daggers, stilettos, and other stabbing knives are legal.
    Throwing knives and throwing stars are legal.
    Bowie knives and other large knives are legal.
    Hidden knives like belt knives and lipstick knives are legal.
    Undetectable knives (knives that do not set off metal detectors) are legal.
    Switchblades, automatic knives, and gravity knives are illegal.

Delaware:

§ 1446A. Undetectable knives; commercial manufacture, import for commercial sale, or offers for commercial sale; or possession

(a) Any person in this state who commercially manufactures or causes to be commercially manufactured, or who knowingly imports into the state for commercial sale, keeps for commercial sale, or offers or exposes for commercial saie, or who possesses any undetectable knife is guilty of a class G felony. As used in this section, an “undetectable knife” means any knife or other instrument with or without a himdguard that is capable of ready use as a stabbing weapon that may inflict serious physical injury or death that is commercially manufactured to be used as a weapon and is not detectable by a metal detector or magnetometer because there is no material permanently affixed that would be detectable by a metal detector or magnetometer, either han~held or otherwise, that is set at standard calibration.

Florida Knife Laws Explained | KnifeUp

Florida Knife Laws Explained

What is Legal to Own

Balisong knives are legal.
    Belt knives, cane knives, and other disguised knives are legal.
    Bowie knives and other large knives are legal.
    Throwing stars and throwing knives are legal.
    Undetectable knives (knives that will not set off metal detectors) are legal.
    Ballistic knives are illegal.

The law does not limit individuals from owning, selling, or buying any knife except for ballistic knives.

Arizona:

What is Legal/Illegal in Arizona

Pocket knives are legal.
    Balisong knives are legal.
    Switchblades, gravity knives, Bowie knives, and stilettos are legal.
    Knives of any length are legal.
    It is legal for anyone over 21 to carry knives concealed.
    It is illegal to not inform a police officer when they stop you that you are carrying a concealed knife when the knife is not a pocket knife.
    It is illegal for someone under 21 years of age to carry a non-pocket knife concealed.
    It is illegal to bring a knife into schools.

Undetectable knives are legal in Az.

It appears to be a state by state search to determine if the sate you reside in makes it illegal to sell, transfer these to the public commercially. Hope that answers your question OV
    OldVet and CDW4ME like this.

It should answer the reviewer's blanket statement of its legality. I suspected it would be a state-by-state basis.
    AzQkr likes this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Do you state upfront that you won't do business there because of their 2A stance, or do you hide behind the anonymity of the internet and just say things that aren't factual for the sole purpose of hurting their business?
    I don't do it for mom and pop shops, just known anti gun/liberal chains.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sorry CG11. But you really do need to get out of the "land of fruit and nuts!!" The Fruits and the Nuts have control over the normal people!!
    CG11 and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lee10001 View Post
    I don't do it for mom and pop shops, just known anti gun/liberal chains.

That's fine, but what is the answer to the question? Do you state you won't do business because of their 2A stance or do you make up bad reviews solely to hurt them? How about an example of what your "reviews" might say.

I hear you Tpaman1132, and I'm working on it. Hard to believe how this state has changed.

That's fine, but what is the answer to the question? Do you state you won't do business because of their 2A stance or do you make up bad reviews solely to hurt them? How about an example of what your "reviews" might say.
    It depends, sometimes it will be something about their services or the 2A.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
    On the likely event part, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you haven't been to the midway of the NM State fair in the last decade. And no, I don't think I can handle any problems with a folding knife. Although, I think I would be more likely to sneak in that than a metal cane.
    Your reply to my suggestion about bringing a cane...Uh, sneak in a cane? No you use the cane to help your balance.

I have carried a cane at times and even through places with metal detectors (the Marine Museum in Quantico, the County Clerk's office for permits and licenses), and they are not prohibited and generally not seen as an OFFENSIVE weapon, and not very good (despite what Hapkido guys will tell you) as an offensive device.

So, um, no you do not need to 'sneak in' a cane, just to clarify. But, IMO, if I had a person with bad intent I'd rather have my cane than a folding knife, though I have several decades experience in FMA, FJKD, BJJ, TKD, and other three-letter acronyms.

I don't know what you mean about the
    'wild guess and say you haven't been to the midway of the NM State fair in the last decade'
    comment, but if it is a place of mayhem and chaos and life threatening events are the norm, then wouldn't it be prudent to not go there?

I'm still not getting anyone (obviously you were hypothetical) sneaking in a weapon even 'hypothetically', be it non-metal, a blade, or other obviously prohibited device where there are signs and metal detectors.

Let's be clear. What you can not carry into the US Post Office:
    1. Any weapon, blade, gun, grenades or WMDs.

What you can take into a US Post Office:
    1. Cane to assist in walking (made of any material you wish)
    2. Ballistic armor (in a backpack, in a garment such as a bullet-resistant trenchcoat (or jacket or vest which doesn't appear to be tactical gear)).

Now any kind of armor or kevlar or cut-resistant gloves is not going to keep you completely free of injury. But if you're going to a fair and you think there MIGHT be mayhem and you JUST HAVE to go, why risk being arrested and then deprived of your rights? It's irresponsible to your family and those who depend on you.

1. Don't go there.
    2. Use precautions which are perfectly legal. Among those would be cut-glove lines, ballistic armor backpacks (which appear empty and even so legal), a handicap-legal cane or support device, including a rolling walker, a baseball cap with some kind of liner. You'd be just as 'safe' until you could get out of the area.
    3. See #1.

FWIW

I generally try to avoid frequenting businesses that post anti-gun signs, but it's not always possible. For example, my son and I really enjoy attending monster truck shows and other sporting events and I cannot carry there.

For now, the majority of fairs and festivals in my area don't have metal detectors or LEO's wanding at the entrance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7 Active using Tapatalk
    "The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principle upon which it was founded."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links