Teachers carrying guns in school part 2

This is a discussion on Teachers carrying guns in school part 2 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I started a discussion a while back about teachers carrying guns in schools , what is your opinion today ? https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...d-schools.html...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: Teachers carrying guns in school part 2

I started a discussion a while back about teachers carrying guns in schools , what is your opinion today ?

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...d-schools.html
    CG11 and msgt/ret like this.

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Yes...look here already being done.

FASTER Saves Lives

KLV likes this.

If properly trained, I see no reason for teachers not to have an option to carry firearms.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

You will see more of this in "gun friendly" states. It will be a cold day in **** before the libs catch on to this idea.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    baren likes this.

KLV and goldshellback like this.

My friend and Navy Seal Jimmy Graham has been on the forefront for several years training churches, businesses, schools, etc. We just need more of it nationwide.

Pete63, Doogie, G26Raven and 1 others like this.
    Glenn

FAS1 SAFE

Senior Member Array wizard7mm08's Avatar
    I think anyone who works at the school should be allowed to carry concealed. I also think that anyone visiting should be able to carry concealed.

Having now just read a few of the posts from the original thread, I'm just going to quote @RETSUPT99 , as I completely agree with Utah's way of handling it.

Utah has allowed ANYONE with a CCW permit to carry in the schools for years with no problems. If you're a parent, teacher, or admin...with a permit you can carry in the schools, and you don't have to ask for permission. It's not RKBA with 120 hours of training, run two marathons, and fire 2000 rounds in 8 hours of live range fire...just RKBA.

Schools already have (or should already have) lockdown plans in place to protect students and staff. Those with CCW permits will make the school an even safer place to work and learn.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Agreed on all qualified ccw permit holders should be allowed to carry in schools. I feel teachers should go through training and be qualified to carry. This goes back to the school board liability.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

I've attended and worked in public schools for much of my life. I wholeheartedly endorse concealed carrying in schools for those who want to.

Just the possibility that a staff member may be armed may deter some deranged wannabe school shooter. One thing the vast majority of these cowardly shooters have in common is that they commit suicide at the first sign of armed resistance. Even a miss from a staff member is highly likely to stop the threat.

We must recognize our United States is a different place than it was 50 years ago. Regardless of whose fault it is, we have made ourselves a bed in which we are not safe anywhere. (not that we really ever were) Accordingly, we must follow the lead of nations who themselves have been under siege for long periods - we must train for survival. Survival does not mean go to a safe place - that's a myth. Survival means protect ourselves. Oops, better get off the soapbox. Yes - teachers should be trained and carrying.

I'm fine following our Ancestors advice, Amendment 2. No gun free murder-zones.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

I see no issue, as long as the teachers/administrators are willing, and trained see no issue. It is rescue equipment, no different than knowing CPR, use a defib, or treat certain things, and fire drills. If I was to design a system for them, it would be not necessarily that they carry, but to have several cache's of secret secure firearms they could get too, like extinguishers, and have some regular admin carry, make sure they are trained on it, and just use it to "stop" the threat and/or get all the children out/safe. The big success would be willing and secret.
    duane_wade_1 and Bad Bob like this.
    Im going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years. - Gen Mad Dog Mattis

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    Agreed on all qualified ccw permit holders should be allowed to carry in schools. I feel teachers should go through training and be qualified to carry. This goes back to the school board liability.
    I have to agree that a few more hours of training for teachers beyond the typical CCW training would beneficial. The training my wife and I took for our CCW was only 4 hours including the range time. I think teachers could benefit greatly by training that is geared towards active shooters in schools. And I think it would be helpful in reassuring all of the helicopter/snowflake parents that the teachers that are protecting their children aren't a bunch of firearm noobs that are just going spray and pray when something bad goes down.
    Has anyone tried turning the country off and then back on again?

VIP Member
    Yes.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links