Magazine Capacity Is Going To Get Crazy - Page 4

Magazine Capacity Is Going To Get Crazy

This is a discussion on Magazine Capacity Is Going To Get Crazy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a 6round, three 7 round, and one 8 round magazines for my PPS M2. I am not concerned....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Magazine Capacity Is Going To Get Crazy

Ex Member
    I have a 6round, three 7 round, and one 8 round magazines for my PPS M2. I am not concerned.
    sigman69 and sparkyfender like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    I have a 6round, three 7 round, and one 8 round magazines for my PPS M2. I am not concerned.
    I use most times the 7 or 8rds mags in my PPS
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    I mostly carry .45ACP's (i.e. HK USP Compact .45's, HK 45c and 1911). All of those pieces are 8+1 rd'ers and I carry them w/2 extra 8 rd mags on my hip. Then, I also carry my HK VP9sk which is the 10+1 rd'er. I'm good!
    OD*, M1911A1 and DownInTheDark like this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box” - Frederick Douglas

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BillG174 View Post
    If all of the states start passing magazine limits you will have to check each state you will be traveling through to ensure you are legal and to ensure you carry a gun using a magazine that meets the capacity limit. This could get ridiculous.
    Or, you could forget about the Wonder 9s and get yourself a 10-round BHP or a 7/8-round 1911. No worries about artificial limits.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion
    "Laws are nothing more than guidelines for honest citizens to follow. Criminals care nothing for laws or their consequences, or the Police or Courts. Getting caught is nothing more to them than a minor inconvenience".--Me

VIP Member
    Let's do a little history: I bought my Gen2 Glock 17 during "the Clinton ban" years. That was also when Gramps and I were going to the multi-day defensive shooting school classes. Gramps wanted to make sure I had enough magazines, since they held so few rounds ...........SO:

I wound up with TEN 10 round magazines for that G17! Yes, after the ban expired I did buy the 17 round mags.

History is repeating itself in those limited capacity magazine states now. It stinks.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

It appears most of the politicians have settled on 10 rounds for maximum magazine size. I wonder why 10 rounds sounds like a good number. I don’t consider my Glock 17 17 round magazine to be “high capacity “
    Being Armed Is A Mindset, Not A Physical Condition - Rob Pincus

SAF, GOA, NRA, Kansas State Rifle Assoc.

It appears most of the politicians have settled on 10 rounds for maximum magazine size. I wonder why 10 rounds sounds like a good number. I don’t consider my Glock 17 17 round magazine to be “high capacity “
    It is an arbitrary number pulled from an area from where the sun does not shine that someone thought sounded like a good idea at the time.
    M1911A1 and Melvin like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Distinguished Member Array DHart's Avatar
    Sounds like my M&P40C (10+1=11) will be my primary on the next inter-state trip I take. G30, as well. M&P45 meets the need nicely, as well.

It SUCKS to be restricted to 10 round magazines, but if that be the case... I'm going with .40S&W or .45ACP.

For some, 9 may be fine, but for me... .4 will be mine.
    Last edited by DHart; December 7th, 2019 at 04:03 AM.
    “Inequality" is a law of nature, not something government can "re-distribute”. The fit, well-educated, hard-working will prosper. And the unfit will not. It is not the responsibility of those who work hard and prosper to make the lives of those who do not, more “equal."

If all of the states start passing magazine limits you will have to check each state you will be traveling through to ensure you are legal and to ensure you carry a gun using a magazine that meets the capacity limit. This could get ridiculous.
    Watched a video recently regarding hiking the Appalachian Trail (AT) with a gun to protect you against bears and two legged creatures. The woman hosts the Homemade Wanderlust channel and has many excellent informational videos on hiking and camping the AT, the Pacific Coast Trail, and Continental Divide Trail. She also happens to be a gun friendly gal from I think S. Carolina, but she basically advises against carrying a gun on the AT. Much of her advice stems from the fact that as you cross from state to state, you may or may not be able to open carry, and if you can't open carry, then you need to be permitted to conceal carry, and this is hugely problematic across the states that the AT crosses (reciprocity, etc).

With regards to the OP and magazine limits, personally, I wouldn't mind being limited to 10 rounds of 10mm, but you basically cannot go the gun route at all for a through hike up the AT. It's a shame that you can't cross the country, potentially dangerous country, with protection, lest you be arrested for a felony offense. Tough to call the police when you are out of cell tower range, and just how long till they arrive is a huge question even if you did somehow contact them.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    It is an arbitrary number pulled from an area from where the sun does not shine that someone thought sounded like a good idea at the time.
    Apparently the sun does now shine there.

https://www.health.com/mind-body/per...wellness-trend
    forester58 and M1911A1 like this.

Easy answer: They are all BHP shooters.

Magazine Capacity Is Going To Get Crazy-bhp-copy.jpg
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion
    "Laws are nothing more than guidelines for honest citizens to follow. Criminals care nothing for laws or their consequences, or the Police or Courts. Getting caught is nothing more to them than a minor inconvenience".--Me

In Colorado there is a 'grandfather clause' for magazines you already own. You can keep them, use them, etc. I don't know about reciprocity and out of stater's coming to Colorado. Someone way smarter than me might weigh in on that.
    NRA Life Member - U.S. Navy '68 - '72

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson

Are they really going to arrest you and prosecute you if you have a 15 round mag with only 10 rounds loaded, as long as you have not done anything else outside the law? We are letting felons out of prison because of overcrowding, Yea they probably would.
    Check you background
    Stay Frosty
    NRA Lifetime member - They are our only political voice.

Dusty, I'm kind of a big deal

The thing I’m afraid of is States putting a limit on the number of magazines you can legally carry!
    Currently some states say you can keep your 10 round magazines but only put 7 rounds in them when carrying.

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    To those of you unconcerned about magazine restrictions because it doesn't affect you personally, it's still a matter of concern.
    OD*, forester58, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links