Disney World Hotels: can I check a firearm?

This is a discussion on Disney World Hotels: can I check a firearm? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am planning a trip to Disney World. I know Disney prohibits firearms. Following the changes of last December, does Disney still allow one to ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Disney World Hotels: can I check a firearm?

I am planning a trip to Disney World. I know Disney prohibits firearms. Following the changes of last December, does Disney still allow one to store a handgun at the front desk of the resort hotels? I would like to bring it into the hotel in a Nanovault and check it at the desk. Disney is just one stop on a long trip, and I would rather not make the whole trip without carrying.

If not, does the Florida parking lot law provision mean that I am allowed to leave it locked in a safe in the car parked at the hotel?

You can check your cash and credit cards because you ain't never getting them back.

"If not, does the Florida parking lot law provision mean that I am allowed to leave it locked in a safe in the car parked at the hotel?"

Technically, yes. You as a customer are protected, but you may have to convince DW of that. They see you only as a pigeon to be plucked bare.

No public or private employer may prohibit any customer, employee, or invitee from possessing any legally owned firearm when such firearm is lawfully possessed and locked inside or locked to a private motor vehicle in a parking lot and when the customer, employee, or invitee is lawfully in such area.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

flh
    I'm going to say no.

Keep it locked in the vehicle .

No Guns for Police Officers at Disney World

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fa.../guns-weapons/

Q.
    Are Guests permitted to have firearms, ammunition or weapons in Disney Resort hotels or Disney Vacation Club Resorts?
    A.
    No. Guests are not permitted to have firearms, ammunition or weapons of any kind at or in Disney Resort Hotels and Disney Vacation Club Resorts, including in hotel rooms, units, vacation home villas and general public areas within the hotels and resorts.
    StillLearning likes this.

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    I'd keep it in my room. I'd much rather be able to defend my family vs the very small risk that someone could find it. If you don't tell them you have it how would they ever know? Hide it when you leave if you are worried about someone finding it.
    tcbradbury98 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    I'm going to say no.

Keep it locked in the vehicle .

No Guns for Police Officers at Disney World

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fa.../guns-weapons/

Q.
    Are Guests permitted to have firearms, ammunition or weapons in Disney Resort hotels or Disney Vacation Club Resorts?
    A.
    No. Guests are not permitted to have firearms, ammunition or weapons of any kind at or in Disney Resort Hotels and Disney Vacation Club Resorts, including in hotel rooms, units, vacation home villas and general public areas within the hotels and resorts.
    All of which forces the question, why would a believer in and supporter of gun rights and the 2nd Amendment ever spend a nickel at Disney?
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    I'm going to say no.

Q.
    A.
    No public or private employer may violate the privacy rights of a customer, employee, or invitee by verbal or written inquiry regarding the presence of a firearm inside or locked to a private motor vehicle in a parking lot or by an actual search of a private motor vehicle in a parking lot to ascertain the presence of a firearm within the vehicle. Further, no public or private employer may take any action against a customer, employee, or invitee based upon verbal or written statements of any party concerning possession of a firearm stored inside a private motor vehicle in a parking lot for lawful purposes. A search of a private motor vehicle in the parking lot of a public or private employer to ascertain the presence of a firearm within the vehicle may only be conducted by on-duty law enforcement personnel, based upon due process and must comply with constitutional protections.

Disney can't ask and you don't have to tell. They cannot search vehicles solely for suspicion of firearms.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    This you will not see:

Disney World Hotels: can I check a firearm?-disney.jpg

Like @OldVet says, Lock it in your car in a locking case in your trunk before you arrive at Disney, and forget about it until you are off property upon departure.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

According to the web site for the Coronado Springs resort, for example, they do have a safe in the room. That's where I would put it. I suspect most of their other hotels have room safes. It certainly is easy enough to check.
    Portcullis likes this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    According to the web site for the Coronado Springs resort, for example, they do have a safe in the room. That's where I would put it. I suspect most of their other hotels have room safes. It certainly is easy enough to check.
    Most have gotten rid of the safes. To much liability
    Portcullis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Most have gotten rid of the safes. To much liability
    Liability as in how?

Been to Disney once and once was enough. Lock it in your car, lock your car and pray everything is where it was when ya left it. If there are any safes left in the room, consider the things already compromised.
    "One cannot legislate the maniacs off the street... these maniacs can only be shut down by an armed citizenry. Indeed bad things can happen in nations where the citizenry is armed, but not as bad as those which seem to be threatening our disarmed citizenry in this country at this time."

So what happens in the remote chance that DW somehow discovers the handgun is your room? Are you breaking an actual law or just DW "policy"?
    Enjoying my daily viewing of the "love has no labels" SJW clickbait on DC.com.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

When shopping at Walmart, remember that even serial killers need to buy toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    So what happens in the remote chance that DW somehow discovers the handgun is your room? Are you breaking an actual law or just DW "policy"?
    Policy

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Liability as in how?
    Every hotel has a universal code or key that unlocks all of their safes. It's incase you forget the code you program. The problem is shady employees know the code/have a key. You lock your valuables in the safe then leave. When you come back your stuff is missing from the "locked" safe. The hotel is responsible for what's missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Every hotel has a universal code or key that unlocks all of their safes. It's incase you forget the code you program. The problem is shady employees know the code/have a key. You lock your valuables in the safe then leave. When you come back your stuff is missing from the "locked" safe. The hotel is responsible for what's missing.
    Gotcha.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links