CC a full size auto.

CC a full size auto.

This is a discussion on CC a full size auto. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a Sig p229. Recently I've moved and no longer have washer and dryer hookups, and the only laundromat I can get to is ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By G26Raven
  • 2 Post By MillennialNorth
  • 1 Post By JAG45
  • 6 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: CC a full size auto.

CC a full size auto.

I carry a Sig p229. Recently I've moved and no longer have washer and dryer hookups, and the only laundromat I can get to is a posted business. The p229 is a large gun so I'm looking for tips on carrying it concealed when I do laundry. IWB holsters tend to dig into my hip when I'm driving so I'd like to avoid them if at all possible.

Your help is appreciated :)

I've carried a full size Glock 17 with an outside the waist band holster with an untucked shirt. Not an issue.
    JAG45, J-Frame and BillG174 like this.
    You are your own first responder.

Large, loose fitting, dark colored clothing. The thicker the better, as it prints less. As for holsters, iwb is best. Try a Stealth Gear, Crossbreed, Alien Gear or one of the other "hybrid" holsters. If you're stuck on owb, a high ride pancake is about as good as you can get. Of course a pocket gun is the most "deep conceal". Leave the large one and take the small one, at least until you get back to your car. Good luck, and stay safe.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    JimmyGuy and Old Man like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGuy View Post
    I carry a Sig p229. Recently I've moved and no longer have washer and dryer hookups, and the only laundromat I can get to is a posted business. The p229 is a large gun so I'm looking for tips on carrying it concealed when I do laundry. IWB holsters tend to dig into my hip when I'm driving so I'd like to avoid them if at all possible.

Your help is appreciated :)
    Gunbuster signs have the force of law in Ohio, so any discussion about the best way to carry past such signs is a violation of forum rules.

"10. Discussion of illegal activities, except in reporting the actions of others, is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law, even in your distant past."
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

10-4 with G26Raven. I carried a 5"1911 for years because that was all I had. I carried with a untucked shirt. Now the same, I will have a 4.25" 1911 or a Glock23 90% of the time, for $1000, Alex.
    JimmyGuy likes this.

Since NO GUNS signs have force of law in Ohio I will close this thread to prevent any violations of rule #10.

10. Discussion of illegal activities, except in reporting the actions of others, is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law, even in your distant past.
    flh, ThirdShift, Old Man and 3 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Sponsored Links