Not Today - Page 4

Not Today

This is a discussion on Not Today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ParsonBrown Nothing like flying a plane, but there have many times over the years with weightlifting (powerlifting) where I approached the bar ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Not Today

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    Nothing like flying a plane, but there have many times over the years with weightlifting (powerlifting) where I approached the bar to attempt a lift and knew that today was the day. I would guess you feel the same way (on a higher level for sure)...I don't consider it a weakness, but rather pretty smart since I consider it good thing I make it through without an injury that could cripple me for life. Before I got over my ego I was bummed out about it...today I have no shame in saying today is not the day.
    Today might be the day, tho, which is why I carry.
    Chicagobill and Frodebro like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

When my Dad was teaching me to play tennis, he said "It doesn't matter how well you play on a good day, what matters is how well you play on a bad day". A lesson I never forgot.
    Chicagobill likes this.

Sometimes it's just best to keep your thoughts to yourself. If however you have doubted your own mental fitness to be armed, then maybe you shouldn't be carrying.
    A Wise Man Changes His Mind, but a Fool Never Does

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array Chicagobill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    Whether it's admitted or not, that seems to indicate it can and does happen for people. I agree, I hope people would not post about it...but I also hope they would do whatever it took to get some help.

A much less extreme example of what I'm talking about that a person could post about - it may be silly but still - would being physically sick. Life goes on for the day, but you just realize you can't carry the right way and it would maybe frustrate you but you did the right thing for that day.

Crazy example - I broke both hands yesterday...the wife had to dress me but I still carried my cocked and locked 1911 and a snubby in my pocket...LOL
    I think this answers your own question, and I would add that I've gotten up and had the thought of not carrying. Tired, hot ,lazy,ect. The next move was put it on anyway thinking that what if I didn't today and something happened. Two broken hands and my wife would definitely help me holster up. She knows I would feel naked without it. Ouch! Hope you heal quickly

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links