Texas gun laws? - Page 7

Texas gun laws?

This is a discussion on Texas gun laws? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retired badge 1 Interesting experience a couple of years ago. Went to Port Aransas, met an old friend for a fishing charter ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: Texas gun laws?

Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    Interesting experience a couple of years ago. Went to Port Aransas, met an old friend for a fishing charter (redfish, lots of fun and great eating). While there we went to a local restaurant with an oyster bar, had a very nice lunch with a couple of adult beverages. As we were leaving I noticed the 30-06 sign posted on the inside of the entry door! Looked very carefully all around the exterior and two entrances, nothing visible from the outside. Only way to see the 30-06 sign was from the interior of the building.

My friend and I were both carrying (retired cops) and both have valid permits reciprocal with Texas.

We laughingly refer to that as our "inadvertent felony". Funny to think about, but I can see how we might have ended up needing bail bondsmen and lawyers pretty quickly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Correction: The sign I referred to above was the "51%" sign. Apparently this was a restaurant with very profitable liquor sales.
    Actually the only people at odds with the law would be the establishment. If they get caught with the wrong TABC sign not posted in the right place, the TABC will come down on them like a duck on a June bug. I see almost no major restaurants who are 51% in the TABC database.

And actually the 30:06 would just be of no effect if it had been posted inside.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

I had to laugh at the 51% sign at the DFW airport bar. Inside the secure area. You know, where no one is allowed to have a gun? Bureaucrats.
    Havok and TimBob like this.

Sister says "There are Angels walking among us. If they're mean they're not Angels and you can shoot them"

Black Rifles Matter

Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    I had to laugh at the 51% sign at the DFW airport bar. Inside the secure area. You know, where no one is allowed to have a gun? Bureaucrats.
    As if to say: if you somehow managed to get your gun past security, you had better not bring it in here, 'cause that's illegal!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Sponsored Links