DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

That time of the year!

Thread: That time of the year!

Tags:

FiteStopr said:

That time of the year!

Spring, warmer weather, and back to work usually means some adjustments to my ccw. The old trusty Glock 19 got a good detail strip and cleaning as it will spend most of its time in the safe for the next 6 months. It's still my favorite but I can't get away with concealing it at my job 100% of the time and personally it's hard anytime just a t-shirt is worn. The good news is the 365 will be coming out again full time. I dont feel like im giving up too much with 11 or 13 rounds in the Sig compared to some of my past Summer guns. I may give it one more try as a pocket carry option but it's just a little on the large side. The gun and holster fit just fine but it's when my hand gets in there things get a little tight and the draw feels slow and awkward. Always have the 642 as well if needed. I'd love to carry that little snub at work for the convenience but I'm not real comfortable with only 5 shots as a primary. I know alot of folks can carry the same gun year around, does anyone switch it up depending on the season or at work??
    Slow is smooth, smooth is Fast

KevinRohrer said:
    No plastic or mouse guns for me. My "switch-up" is only between my 1911s and a .40BHP, and that is determined by whim.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

rlggray said:
    The season does not determine my carry. I wear relaxed jeans, boots, And a long sleeve button up shirt, untucked year round.

I wear these from Duluth , and they actually keep me cooler than if I were Wearing a cotton tshirt . I'm in south Texas with high humidity and temps. The 7 or 8 weeks when it's actually cool outside, I wear thicker shirts.

Could owb carry my GP100 or Sig 2022 every day if I wanted and no one would ever know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails

FLSlim said:
    That's my favorite pair as well. Although in FL the P365 is more of a year-round choice, there are times that the G19 just has to come out. I have pocketed the P365, but for me it is too big and an IWB works just fine 99% of the time.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

ParsonBrown said:
    Spring time means I move from long sleeve to short sleeve shirts. That equates to 2 guns open carried and 1 concealed instead of 3 concealed...

Cornhusker95 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    Spring time means I move from long sleeve to short sleeve shirts. That equates to 2 guns open carried and 1 concealed instead of 3 concealed...
    3 guns?...Remind me not to move to your neighborhood.

LimaCharlie said:
    I carry a 5" 1911 year around on my belt.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

MB53 said:
    I follow the same carry scenario 365 days a year and see no need to go smaller in hot weather. Just wear a shirt with tails. People out and about town aren't looking for a handgun on your belt and have such a low level of situational awareness they won't notice anyway.

OD* said:
    I've found not working is a great benefit to my ability to conceal what I truly want to carry.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Wavygravy said:
    I go from jacket, flannel shirt, t-shirt to flannel shirt, t-shirt, then just the Tee when it finally gets warm. It won't be that time of year for a while here at 4000 feet. I don't change carry options much, if any.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

entertainment72 said:
    Yup, shoulder holster season is just about over.

FiteStopr said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    3 guns?...Remind me not to move to your neighborhood.
    He might live in Gotham with all that on his belt!

FiteStopr said:
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    I've found not working is a great benefit to my ability to conceal what I truly want to carry.
    I think that is the case with alot of the crowd here! Unfortunately, I'm not there yet.

OD* said:
    Quote Originally Posted by FiteStopr View Post
    I think that is the case with alot of the crowd here! Unfortunately, I'm not there yet.
    It's something to look forward to.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

ParsonBrown said:
    Quote Originally Posted by FiteStopr View Post
    He might live in Gotham with all that on his belt!
    No, but in the south when it gets scorching hot with 10000% humidity, concealed carry is not an option on some days...

Name:  gunshow.PNG
Views: 144
Size:  78.6 KB