Overweight carry

Overweight carry

This is a discussion on Overweight carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I seem to be roughly 40lbs heavier than when I previously carried. Started doing it again but have noticed that the 3-5 area doesnít seat ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Overweight carry

Overweight carry

I seem to be roughly 40lbs heavier than when I previously carried. Started doing it again but have noticed that the 3-5 area doesnít seat as well as it used to.

Even before this issue arises I began correcting the weight problem.

The question is for you bigger folks. How do you carry? I donít feel the belly band system would work, printing hard unless I buy a new woredrobe.. Iím not 100% I could pull off pocket carry. Do to the increasingly growing liberal population iwb is the ideal situation (no owb).

Any ideas Iím overlooking?
    gatorbait51 and Sister like this.

Keep moving it around until you find the sweet spot or the right holster. Good luck. I like iwb at 4ish.
    Doing my best to stay left of boom.

Quote Originally Posted by 033111 View Post
    I seem to be roughly 40lbs heavier than when I previously carried. Started doing it again but have noticed that the 3-5 area doesnít seat as well as it used to.

Even before this issue arises I began correcting the weight problem.

The question is for you bigger folks. How do you carry? I donít feel the belly band system would work, printing hard unless I buy a new woredrobe.. Iím not 100% I could pull off pocket carry. Do to the increasingly growing liberal population iwb is the ideal situation (no owb).

Any ideas Iím overlooking?
    I have to keep my IWB at about 3:30. If I try to go any farther to the rear, it prints like crazy because of these stupid fat pockets I have just above my waist at 4 and 8........
    gatorbait51 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Two for you

Banded bottom shirts, tall, http://https://bandedbottom.com/

Perry suspenders, Ruff n tuff version http://www.perrysuspenders.com/onlin...-Tuf-c25452201

Use them together.

New Member Array DavesYourUncle's Avatar
    I'm too short for my weight, to the tune of about 45-50lbs. The 3:30-4:00 position is the only place I can carry and not print. In that spot, I can carry anything from a P365 to a Glock 21 without being completely obvious. AIWB is not even remotely possible due to the belly, unless it's a micro-compact, and even that is very uncomfortable.

I've also been working on slimming down but as I creep over 50 it's getting more and more difficult!

Try right on your strong side, 3:00 or 9:00. That area conceals better than you might think with loose clothing.
    Gabill and studenygreg like this.

With the way I used to dress I had to pocket carry a Sig 938. Now t shirt and shorts easier not to print. I have about 30 pounds to lose. Carry Colt 1911 at 4:00.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

I don't really understand the problem.. unless you are totally locked in to carrying a larger heavier weapon that makes you uncomfortable and prints easily..
    Just get a small thin, lightweight gun , there are dozens of good ones, and get a thin light holster such as an Uncle Mike's, and stick it in your pocket..

I realize a lot of members here would never carry anything less than a .45 , but if you are having trouble, a small light pocket gun that you will carry comfortably is better than a gun that bothers you or prints badly..... I carry a Sig p938 a small compact 9mm and even that bugs me at times depending on what i am wearing, so i bought a smaller lighter kel tec p32, that I will carry no matter what i wear, even when I don't feel like having a weapon on me... We all know the smaller gun you have with you is a billion times better than the one you left home because you didn't carry it for whatever reason.. bob
    spclopr8tr and Gabill like this.

Not meant to be sarcastic - but get a larger gun belt. Either that or a pocket carry revolver or compact semi in a sheath like a Remora or Sticky. Having ANY gun gets you 80% of the protection.

Then (like me) work on the weight.
    Gabill and gatorbait51 like this.

well 30+ years ago Iw as almost 5-10 and 245lb and carried in a tack shop made iwb at 3:00 high on my side , Today I 5-9 if I stand real straight and 220lb and have 16 years with a comp-tac neutral recently with a mtac and have a safariland 27 for a lw commander . Still at 3:00 high on my side . Being a little slimmer now handguns have gotten larger but still I can conceal under a loose not sloppy t shirt or a button down . Other carry handguns have been a p320c for 4.5 years and a m&p40 4.25 along with the commander
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Once being on the far side of 300 pounds, I carried a Glock 30 IWB at 3:30-4:00 in shorts and a loose shirt and no one asked if I had a gun.
    Instymp, Slo, Gabill and 1 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I carry a 5" 1911 @ 3:00 in a leather pancake style holster and spare magazines @ 9:00 on my belt covered by an untucked one size larger garment. It even works with shorts, sandals, and a T-shirt in the summer.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

When I was 80 LBS. heavier I started carrying in the waist in the 2:00 area. I found it to be the best place for me. If my back started to bother me I would move the gun foreword and backward to find the sweet spot. At times I tried outside on the belt. After I lost the 80 LBS. things didnít change all that much. Three months ago I bought a Bigfoot 14oz. Steel Core Leather Belt. No more hurting back. I found the sturdier belt did not have to be as tight and still hold a gun without flopping around. I only carry J-Frame Snubs these days but, in that 2:00 area itís there all day every day.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Getting a divorce was an easy way to drop 180lbs in 6 months. It's expensive, but worth it.
    Psalm 144:1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links