A good quick bathroom carry reminder. - Page 2

A good quick bathroom carry reminder.

This is a discussion on A good quick bathroom carry reminder. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bad Bob You mean hide out guns? When I was in El Paso we caught a cross dresser carrying in their nether ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: A good quick bathroom carry reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post

You mean hide out guns? When I was in El Paso we caught a cross dresser carrying in their nether region........
    Try working detention. I was always amazed at what people hid and where. Even cigarettes and lighters. Careful who you bum a smoke from.

This is getting fun.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Back on the subject I thought I had lost a gun. Was going crazy back tracking my trip across the town and all my stops. I found it in the down stairs bathroom under an America rifleman magazine. I don't take the gun out of the holster anymore. I do pocket carry a lot. heading for church in a few with a M&P 9 IWB and M&P 9 compact in the front pocket. If I go potty the gun will remain where they are. Another reason to leave a gun holstered is a buddy of mine was doing his business at work had his Glock 43 sitting on the sink. When he grab his gun it went off and he shot himself in the hand, hollow points work well. I think the only reason he wasn't fired is he owns the company. If the gun was in the holster I don't think that would have happened.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

A friend's brother works intake at a county jail. A guy coming in had a plastic sandwich bag full of marijuana stuffed where the sun don't shine. He swore it wasn't his and he had no idea who put it there.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    A friend's brother works intake at a county jail. A guy coming in had a plastic sandwich bag full of marijuana stuffed where the sun don't shine. He swore it wasn't his and he had no idea who put it there.
    That's a good one.

That's what they all say. "It's not mine. I don't know how it got there."
    hogdaddy likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

My wife has had a CWL for 6+ years now, but has only carried a couple times, and never on the body. The temple attack (that was ended early on by a guy with a gun shooting back) yesterday was enough to make her choose to carry to temple today.
    She came home this morning saying "No one ever talks about how to go to the bathroom or hug someone while carrying at any of the the classes!"
    Bad Bob, Snub44 and Kenny53 like this.

VIP Member
    Hugs are easy - you quickly learn to hug people standing slightly sidewise: Not enough so anyone will notice, but enough so that no part of their body contacts that gun bulge. I'm assuming that as a woman, she carries on hip or just in front of the hip. Just behind the hip shouldn't be a 'hug problem.'

Going to the bathroom: The only time I had an issue with that was THE LAST TIME I used a Remora holster. Yep - left it on the divider counter in my friend's bathroom. From then on it was in a real holster attached to my belt, or in a belly band attached to ME.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I always take ccw out of holster & put in crotch of under ware, Take out when I'm done, reholster & BAM Done ; ) PS Unless I'm Wizzing
    H/D
    Snub44 likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

VIP Member
    The "BAM" part is what MOST folks is avoidin'...
    LimaCharlie and Holmes375 like this.

I worked for a company many years ago when people wore pagers and stopped at a pay phone to call in. I was in charge of pagers and averaged a woman once a week reporting dropping her pager in the toilet when she did her business wearing a pantsuit with no belt. The men averaged one person a year dropping a pager in the toilet.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Yep - left it on the divider counter in my friend's bathroom. From then on it was in a real holster attached to my belt, or in a belly band attached to ME.
    Always been worried about forgetting it in a bathroom so I've never put it on anything. I've had it pull my belt out of the loops and fall to the ground before, since then I've started tucking it in my leg of my pants so there is no way for me to stand up and send it flying.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    Try working detention. I was always amazed at what people hid and where. Even cigarettes and lighters. Careful who you bum a smoke from.
    Some of those “prison purses” have quite large capacity...
    Rabbit212 and forester58 like this.

If you belt carry, make sure the belt is long enough so that you can use the first hole to close your belt when sitting there. The gun will be secure and you should still have enough room to be comfortable. I hold the belt when sitting and fasten it first thing. You'll notice if you carry close to 3 somewhere, it will still be at the ready position should you be attacked while doing your business or some sort of mayhem breaks out in the public restroom like what seems to happen all the time in movies. Why is that??
    rx7sig likes this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

VIP Member
    Personally I don't see how using the restroom can be a challenge unless one Mexican or sticky holster carries IWB. I've never had the least issue with a "loose" gun while attending to the call of nature. I can also see where pocket carrying without a pocket holster might cause a gun to go wandering with trousers on the floor.
    Snub44 likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR
    GOA
    TFA-LAC
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links