Florida - Virginia Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Florida - Virginia Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, short question........... I'm looking around and getting mixed messages. If you have a CC in Florida, can you carry in Virginia? NRA site says ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By SouthernBoyVA
  • 1 Post By Novarider

Thread: Florida - Virginia Concealed Carry

Ok, short question........... I'm looking around and getting mixed messages.

If you have a CC in Florida, can you carry in Virginia?

NRA site says yes, but Virginia state websites have verbiage that doesn't see like that is true. I'm asking because someone just told me Virginia doesn't honor.

Virginia State Police - Transporting Firearms through Virginia

Yes, you may carry both concealed and openly in Virginia. Here is the first part of the law.

As of July 1, 2016, pursuant to Virginia Code Section 18.2-308.014, the holder of a valid concealed handgun or concealed weapon permit or license issued by another state1 may carry a concealed handgun in Virginia provided all of the below conditions are met:

1. The holder of such permit or license is at least 21 years of age.

2. The permit or license holder carries a valid photo-identification issued by a government agency of any state or by the U.S. Department of Defense or U.S. Department of State.

3. The holder displays the permit or license and the government issued photo-identification upon demand by a law-enforcement officer.

4. The permit or license holder has not previously had a Virginia concealed handgun permit revoked.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Go to this site and click on FL. It will tell you what states honor your permit.

https://www.handgunlaw.us/
    Haywood likes this.

Sponsored Links