One carry gun - Page 5

One carry gun

This is a discussion on One carry gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For first 5 years I had my concealed carry permit I carried my Sig P-220 .45 that was over ten years ago. I still carry ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: One carry gun

For first 5 years I had my concealed carry permit I carried my Sig P-220 .45 that was over ten years ago. I still carry it but only on a one month rotation with my other carry guns.
    Sarge 80 1976-1983 US Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    This article is good, and I agree with most of his ideas. That being said, most people donít carry this way. The overwhelming majority of people would rather not bother with the monetary expense and hassle, but feel like something is better than nothing, so they reluctantly carry a j frame or little 380 micro gun in their pocket.

There is optimal, then there is real life.
    Well glad you liked it or got something from it.
    It's run its course for me....On to the next debate

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Exactly...I am not sure where i can find anywhere that myself or the the article said you must do this or your just wrong.
    I've not claimed you said it must be this way or you're wrong; if that's the perception, my apologies, that's not what I intended.

First paragraph of the linked article, though, says this:

"One common approach to everyday carry of a handgun involves carrying a different model or even different platform in different carry positions or using different carry methods, all depending on the circumstances, weather, and clothing. There is some concealment logic to this approach, but Iím going to argue against that as a long-term strategy. Instead I advocate carrying a single larger gun model, no matter the context or your clothing. Thereís a learning curve and experience factors involved, but I believe that anything else introduces unacceptable compromises of concealment and defensive capability."

It seems pretty clear the author's position both in this paragraph and in the rest of the article is that unless others carry a single larger gun model, all the time, they are wrong.

He's entitled to his opinion. I'm entitled to think that while his opinion may have valid points, he is incorrect in the absolutist position taken. One wader clad fishing trip, backpacking trip, or bundled up winter day will demonstrate the fallacy of his absolutist position. Others can provide many more examples of how his absolutist position fails when contacting real life.
    Wavygravy and Cornhusker95 like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

"He's entitled to his opinion. I'm entitled to think that while his opinion may have valid points, he is incorrect in the absolutist position taken. One wader clad fishing trip, backpacking trip, or bundled up winter day will demonstrate the fallacy of his absolutist position. Others can provide many more examples of how his absolutist position fails when contacting real life. "

Yep. Waders is one example. Trying to conceal a "larger gun model" successfully playing music onstage (sitting, standing, turning, bending down, showing your front or back to the audience as you reach upwards, etc.) is another.
    graydude likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    I've not claimed you said it must be this way or you're wrong; if that's the perception, my apologies, that's not what I intended.

First paragraph of the linked article, though, says this:

"One common approach to everyday carry of a handgun involves carrying a different model or even different platform in different carry positions or using different carry methods, all depending on the circumstances, weather, and clothing. There is some concealment logic to this approach, but Iím going to argue against that as a long-term strategy. Instead I advocate carrying a single larger gun model, no matter the context or your clothing. Thereís a learning curve and experience factors involved, but I believe that anything else introduces unacceptable compromises of concealment and defensive capability."

It seems pretty clear the author's position both in this paragraph and in the rest of the article is that unless others carry a single larger gun model, all the time, they are wrong.

He's entitled to his opinion. I'm entitled to think that while his opinion may have valid points, he is incorrect in the absolutist position taken. One wader clad fishing trip, backpacking trip, or bundled up winter day will demonstrate the fallacy of his absolutist position. Others can provide many more examples of how his absolutist position fails when contacting real life.
    No No....Not at all ....Not you...I was saying general how it was percieved as a whole.
    We are good...Heck i am good with everybody on this no matter how they feel about the subject.

I am ready to move on if everyone else is...We can't agree on everything and that's fine by me
    graydude likes this.

I like informative articles. How others do things is alway good to hear. But this seems to be just more do it like me stufff.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Yes. Ours count, yours doesn't
    I'm going to take my toys and go home!
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    I carried a Beretta PX4 9mm at 2:30 IWB or 3:00 OWB for several years. Had no need or desire to expand my rotation of 1.
    Decided to get another, just in case the PX4 was unavailable to me. So I added a Ruger SP101 357 mag.
    I carry the Beretta 95%, Ruger 5% of the time. Still IWB 2:30 or 3:00 OWB. Snub occasionally in right-front pocket, but still in the same quadrant.
    It's what works for me. What others do is their business.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Cornhusker95 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    I'm going to take my toys and go home!
    Name:  A.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  12.7 KB
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Difference is i am not bothered about it....No need for me to to bold any letters or capitalize to get a point of view across.
    I don't think any post or article of video is pushing anything down anyone's throats here....Aren't we all doing our own thing.
    I sure am not gonna stop starting threads on a subject because someone might disagree with it.
    BTW i am doing my own thing that is why i started the thread on the subject...It might be hard to believe but others must agree because there
    is plenty of articles on it...As well as plenty who don't...And yes lets all do our own thing.
    Have a good one
    None of us is "bothered" by it my man. Definitely not me, cause none of it has any bearing on how I choose to "do my own thing" regardless. By the way, for me to stress, "do your own thing" isn't a statement to admonish you personally. It's a generality. It's how I choose to communicate just like with bolding and capping letters to stress a point not to make one. Again, this is a forum and those types of things go with the territory.

I've been rather enjoying the convo and different viewpoints in this thread. It all makes for great reading while I'm chowing down on my chilli dogs, tater tots and sweet tea. So, carry on my friend @Cornhusker95 .
    flintlock62 and Pete63 like this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

One carry gun = my wife. But not always the case. She started carrying daily in the mid 80s. Her carry guns from 1985 - 2005 (as far as I can remember) were a Charter Arms .38, a S&W Model 38 Bodyguard - nickel finish, a S&W Model 36 Ladysmith 3", an HK P7M8, a S&W 3953 9mm, a Colt Officers Model .45 acp, a SIG P228, a SIG P230, a Kahr K9, T9, and P9. These were carried at different times, she had other range "fun guns", training guns, competition guns, instructing guns, etc... too

Then in 2005 she made the switch to the Glock 26. Since then she has carried it daily, from sun up to sun down. All her training and practice are done with it. She uses a FIST ultra thin IWB kydex holster (K6 options with split leather loops) on 1 1/4 Safariland, Galco, or Kramer belt. She also uses a Comp Tac kydex single mag pouch. She has some other options for carry if needed (belly band, fanny pack, purse holster, and Kramer OWB scabbard). But 99% of the time it rides in the FIST

What she has done since she started carrying is that she buys all her clothing with concealed carry in mind. As she has told more than a few people, it can be done; one just has to want to do it.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Life without a drawer full of holsters? Is this even possible??
    viney266 and Pete63 like this.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. ~Thomas Jefferson

I was almost there for a while. I went about 8 years with just the commander, but then summer work outside caused the J frame needed again...aaannnndddd here we are.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

I've also got more than one screwdriver in my tool box.

IMHO - one and only one carry gun isn't ideal if you are involved in different activities. And trying to wrap everything you do all around that one carry gun isn't practical or smart either.
    Wavygravy likes this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links