Interesting article

Interesting article

This is a discussion on Interesting article within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; https://www.shootingillustrated.com/..._campaign=0819 I know ...One mans opinion....But all our opinions are just that...One mans opinion....

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By Cornhusker95
  • 5 Post By Rabbit212
  • 1 Post By Cornhusker95
  • 1 Post By 1942bull
  • 1 Post By 1942bull
  • 3 Post By kerberos
  • 1 Post By rlggray
  • 1 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 1 Post By spclopr8tr
  • 1 Post By Cornhusker95

Thread: Interesting article

Interesting article

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/..._campaign=0819

I know ...One mans opinion....But all our opinions are just that...One mans opinion.
    Rabbit212 and GpTom like this.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Ehhhh I would have titled the thread Mildly Interesting article.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Ehhhh I would have titled the thread Mildly Interesting article.
    Mildly...I will take that...Far better that the worn out line.....One mans opinion and nobody is gonna tell me whats best for me.
    Rabbit212 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Very basic stuff that I could not argue with if I had a desire to. Some will probably object to the advice to stick with one SD gun, but I agree with that so I take all his points as sound but very basic.
    kerberos likes this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June 66 to February 68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Very basic stuff that I could not argue with if I had a desire to. Some will probably object to the advice to stick with one SD gun, but I agree with that so I take all his points as sound but very basic.
    I was going to be that guy...

Too many places that I HAVE to remain completely concealed...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Mildly...I will take that...Far better that the worn out line.....One mans opinion and nobody is gonna tell me whats best for me.
    None of it applies to me, so I won't sweat it.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    I was going to be that guy...

Too many places that I HAVE to remain completely concealed...

I get that. I carry my PPS M2 as EDC. However, maybe twice a year I have to carry deeply concealed. The. I carry my RM380. I am proficient with the mouse gun, but if the day ever comes that I have to use a gun in SD I hope it is a day when the PPS M2 is being carried. They is the gun I am most proficient with and so have the best chance of a good outcome.
    kerberos likes this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June 66 to February 68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    I get that. I carry my PPS M2 as EDC. However, maybe twice a year I have to carry deeply concealed. The. I carry my RM380. I am proficient with the mouse gun, but if the day ever comes that I have to use a gun in SD I hope it is a day when the PPS M2 is being carried. They is the gun I am most proficient with and so have the best chance of a good outcome.
    I do give points to the "never change your SD firearm" crowd in that every SD pistol I own has the same manual of arms...

Pull trigger = bang.

Rabbit212, 1942bull and Lone_Gun like this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Everyone's a pundit these days...
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I agree with "mistake #1, 3, 4, & 5"
    But I do not necessarily agree with "mistake #2 : rotating your daily concealed-carry gun "

While it probably is best not to, I don't believe it is a mistake to do so. I've got quite a few guns in my carry rotation. Mostly double action revolvers, but I also have an HK p2000, p2000sk, Sig 2022, XDE 45 & 9, Shield 45 & 9, Kahr CW380, and a Bodyguard that I will carry from time to time.

I go to the range at least once a week and I always take one of the above mentioned guns.

Almost every day, I rotate my transportation. One day, I might take my automatic transmission truck to work, the next I might take my manual transmission Mustang, the next I might take my Honda Cb1100, and the next day I might take my Triumph Street triple R with a speed shifter.

I never forget how to drive any of them, and all 4 of them are different "platforms". Just about every day some dufus will pull out in front of me, turn in front of me, stop short, or try to come into my lane with me, as if I were invisible. (I blame cellphones for much of this) And don't even get me started on the friggin deer that are out to get me almost every morning on the way to work at 4 AM.

So just about every day, I have to pull off some sort of emergency maneuver at the last second, and I never have to try to remember which vehicle I'm driving, to do so. I'm pretty sure the same can be said with my concealed-carry.

If anything, maybe where your gun is located, could pose a problem. If you normally have your gun iwb at 3:00 and today you have it in your pocket because you have to "deep conceal " or maybe your giving Cross draw a try. I could see that causing a delay in draw time.
    kerberos likes this.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I get that magazine as part of my NRA membership. I find it generally a waste of time reading it.
    All the articles are very general with very little useful information for most experienced shooters.
    May try to switch magazines next time I re up.
    Unless they are all for newbies
    spclopr8tr likes this.

VIP Member
    For experienced carriers, this article states the blatantly obvious. For newbies this may be brand new information. Not everyone who reads this article is going to find it old hat.
    Cornhusker95 likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    I most definitely and deliberately violated #3 when I first started carrying. Only when I felt confident I was no longer violating #1 did I start carrying condition 1. There was one exception, when I went to court (outside only) with an active threat to one of our kids. I was another few months of handling my new pistol that I felt comfortable enough, familiar enough to obey #3.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    For experienced carriers, this article states the blatantly obvious. For newbies this may be brand new information. Not everyone who reads this article is going to find it old hat.
    There are some who claim to be experienced carriers who have who scoff at any of it....So some of it must not be blatantly obvious based on reactions in other
    threads on any of the things the author mentioned.
    spclopr8tr likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    A retired deputy came to my door to serve papers. He had the wrong house but he was very impressed with the way my lights lit him up and all of my cameras. I have one double spotlight that lights up about the time you reach the porch and it makes it hard to see where you are going when your coming up my steps. He said " I suppose you have to have all of these lights and cameras?" I told him that most of my videos are of animals cutting through my yard. But I like to be prepared for anything.

Sponsored Links