Buffalo Wild Wings - Page 2

Buffalo Wild Wings

This is a discussion on Buffalo Wild Wings within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Had a handful of LEO friends of mine were refused service at the BWW in Mnassas, VA a few years ago. They were in training ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings

Had a handful of LEO friends of mine were refused service at the BWW in Mnassas, VA a few years ago. They were in training and most had their badges displayed and carried portable radios. On duty asst manager made them leave if they refused to go lock up their guns. Needless to say they left. This made pretty big news and corporation pretty much fell over backwards apologizing and admitted the AM erred.

This article is wrong as they were asked to leave but one friend said they were already leaving anyway. The guy who reported this to the PD (Daryl LaClair) is a retired deputy from another agency who was shot in the face one night on Thanksgiving Eve in 1990 and the next morning the same suspect shot and killed one of my best friends right in front of me as SWAT went in the home after him.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/buffalo-w...-to-serve-cops
    graydude and OldChap like this.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

OP's situation is resolved, but a gift card to a posted business could be "re-gifted" or sold online if one didn't want to eat posted food.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    OP's situation is resolved, but a gift card to a posted business could be "re-gifted" or sold online if one didn't want to eat posted food.

Ain't turning down free food, sign or no sign.

I had no intentions of ever going back after we went their the first time last year when I saw the sign. But like I said, I ain't turning down free food.

Sign people don't get my business , unless I can't find what they are selling anywhere else, but since I wasn't paying, it really wasn't my business. Ha

But I'm glad they took the sign down because I liked the atmosphere. They also have a pretty nice outdoor patio. I gotta find out if it's dog friendly so I can take Gunner. He loves boneless Wings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buffalo Wild Wings-screenshot_20190825-092932_gallery_1566743410750.jpg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I never noticed a sign in one I went to occasionally in Marquette, Mi. The location in Green Bay, Wi had signage before, but did not have it the last time I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny53 View Post
    I never look for the sign so I never see the sign. I don't look in their britches and they shouldn't look in mine.
    Yep, its concealed so I don't even look for signs...anywhere.
    Kenny53 and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    If someone wants to prohibit firearms on their premises, I aint mad at them. Its their right to have dominion over their private property (for whatever reason) and to decide under what conditions they allow people to enter or remain lawfully. I have never felt that its my business to analyze the prohibition, figure it out, approve or disapprove. I will either abide by their prohibitions or I will kindly not go there, its not a bigger deal than that. I hope you enjoyed the wings.
    I don't share a reverence for the "dominion" of a business owner, when it comes to items carried on my person. Fortunately for me, signs in MN mean close to nothing, if carrying concealed.
    graydude, OldChap and OD* like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

VIP Member
    Both BWWs close to me are posted. Based on the app on my phone for posted locations, neither seem to meet the required signage by TN law. But if they don't want me there, I don't want to give them my money. I stopped going years ago. I wasn't that impressed anyway with the food, the service, or the loud enviornment.

The last time I was in one (in MD), it was for a farewell party for a co-worker. There were maybe 20 of us sitting at a long row of tables. A waitress brought a platter of wings to our table, and we just assumed someone had ordered trays for all of us. After we had partaken of half a dozen or so wings the waitress came back and said she had delivered it to the wrong table. She picked it up and took it to another table on the other side of the restaurant without skipping a beat. I often wonder it that table knew they were "short" on wings. I'm pretty sure the health department would have frowned on this as well.
    OldChap, msgt/ret and Haywood like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I don't share a reverence for the "dominion" of a business owner, when it comes to items carried on my person. Fortunately for me, signs in MN mean close to nothing, if carrying concealed.
    You’re not the only one. Businesses are required to comply with many laws, yet they’re allowed to arbitrarily prohibit rights recognized by the Constitution. Doesn’t seem right to me.
    OldChap, maxwell97 and Kenny53 like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

@rlggray Better enjoy the TV's while they last. Our favorite Mexican food restaurant ( real Tex-Mex, not ala Taco Bell ) has a sort-of bar area with large screen TV's on the walls. I spoke with the owner last time I was there, and she said they were considering taking the TVs out and giving everyone a cell phone!

Just kidding brother.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by ShenandoahValley View Post
    Had a handful of LEO friends of mine were refused service at the BWW in Mnassas, VA a few years ago. They were in training and most had their badges displayed and carried portable radios. On duty asst manager made them leave if they refused to go lock up their guns. Needless to say they left. This made pretty big news and corporation pretty much fell over backwards apologizing and admitted the AM erred.

This article is wrong as they were asked to leave but one friend said they were already leaving anyway. The guy who reported this to the PD (Daryl LaClair) is a retired deputy from another agency who was shot in the face one night on Thanksgiving Eve in 1990 and the next morning the same suspect shot and killed one of my best friends right in front of me as SWAT went in the home after him.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/buffalo-w...-to-serve-cops
    Sorry for your loss, brother.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

hmmm...

Never been to a BWW, even though there are a couple just a short distance away.

If they don't like law-abiding old guys like me carrying concealed, then I never will go.

Besides, they just have the same things that numerous other similar joints offer.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I can accept that some people may have to be forced by codified legal statute to respect the rights of others. I'm just not one of those people.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

yet they’re allowed to arbitrarily prohibit rights recognized by the Constitution

where does it say in the Constitution that a person has a right to carry a firearm on the private property of another? When did the 2nd amendment become a pact between the citizenry and a private business owner?
    OldVet, Havok and SWIll like this.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Senior Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    You’re not the only one. Businesses are required to comply with many laws, yet they’re allowed to arbitrarily prohibit rights recognized by the Constitution. Doesn’t seem right to me.
    So they should not be allowed to stop somebody from preaching Islam in their stores either? (Protected under the 1st Amendment).
    Havok likes this.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    where does it say in the Constitution that a person has a right to carry a firearm on the private property of another? When did the 2nd amendment become a pact between the citizenry and a private business owner?
    You already know the answers to those questions and I don't have the energy to debate it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    So they should not be allowed to stop somebody from preaching Islam in their stores either? (Protected under the 1st Amendment).
    There's a major difference between the two. Preaching imposes something on others; concealed carry imposes nothing.

I know, this is a hot button for a lot of people and I've dared to insult a sacred cow. I disagree with the presumption that businesses have an unrestricted right to prohibit concealed carry, but I'll leave it be.

Everyone, feel free to pile on as you wish. I'm going to take a nap to knock back a headache. Too much travel, not enough sleep.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links