Would you conceal carry during this type of recreational activity? - Page 3

Would you conceal carry during this type of recreational activity?

This is a discussion on Would you conceal carry during this type of recreational activity? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Absolutely not.......

View Poll Results: Conceal Carry Poll

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

32 32.32%
  • NO

67 67.68%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Would you conceal carry during this type of recreational activity?

Absolutely not....

Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    If you are participating in a recreational activity such as paintball, laser tag or a similar activity with non lethal items that look like firearms, would you conceal carry your pistol during that activity?
    I'm just seeing this topic but I hope this was not a serious question? We've actually been dispatched to fight/disorderly calls at those Paint Ball complexes after tempers flared and crap happened. Intro a real firearm into this and one can only imagine what might happen.
    OldChap and Misty Lu like this.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Ignoring the possibility of accidentally drawing and using the firearm, still a no. Too much running around, rolling around, bumping into stuff. Too much chance of dumping it on the ground and losing it.
    PM likes this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    If you are participating in a recreational activity such as paintball, laser tag or a similar activity with non lethal items that look like firearms, would you conceal carry your pistol during that activity?
    I generally don't participate in activities that require me to disarm.
    M1911A1 and APX-9M like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Nope never
    “I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same from them.” John Wayne - The Shootist

"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." Seneca

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    Watching and hanging around...sure.

Shooting in? No, I wouldn't, and I am one of those guys that carries everywhere , almost all the time.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

NEVER!!!!!!

PM
    I did paintball once NEVER AGAIN!! The direct hits aren't bad but the near not so misses hurt!! I see both of these as "training" activities and the mixing of Non-lethal and live fire do not go together IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I don’t participate in those types of activities.
    I agree with Master Sergeant. I dont go to those to participate or observe. If I want to play games with guns, I'll get into 3 gun or one of the other competitions.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Paintball guns aren’t carried in holsters so drawing the wrong one should be off the table. As far as tempers flaring, if your that guy you shouldn’t be carrying in the first place. As for myself, maybe...nobody but me would know either way.
    Havok likes this.

I got quite enough of such stuff while being trained for operations with our SWAT teams. One Sgt always recounted a story that actually happened to a tactical paramedic in another jurisdiction we often trained with for joint operations, during one of their training exercises. The team was extremely thorough about searching and clearing all duty weapons of real ammo before the exercises, but someone missed one live round.

The medic happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and caught a ricochet below his vest. His injuries were such that he was forced to retire and then the agency didn't want to cover his continuing medical expenses. He ended up having to get a junk-yard dog law firm to represent him and took them to court. He won the case easily, but it ruined his memories of serving with that department - and almost took his life.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

I wouldn't carry due to the high level of athleticism involved. Too much risk of injury, damage to the sidearm, or ND.
    Psalm 144:1

I dont do any of these things, but why wouldn't I carry? Am i immune from any sort of violence there? Can someone guarantee I wont need it?

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I got quite enough of such stuff while being trained for operations with our SWAT teams. One Sgt always recounted a story that actually happened to a tactical paramedic in another jurisdiction we often trained with for joint operations, during one of their training exercises. The team was extremely thorough about searching and clearing all duty weapons of real ammo before the exercises, but someone missed one live round.

The medic happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and caught a ricochet below his vest. His injuries were such that he was forced to retire and then the agency didn't want to cover his continuing medical expenses. He ended up having to get a junk-yard dog law firm to represent him and took them to court. He won the case easily, but it ruined his memories of serving with that department - and almost took his life.
    Ive seen things like this happen, but I think there is a big difference between blankfire training and a game. Just my opinion of course.
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    I wouldn't carry due to the high level of athleticism involved. Too much risk of injury, damage to the sidearm, or ND.
    Have you seen some of the guys that play paintball? Some look like the only thing they can speed load is their mouths with oreo cookies.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I dont do any of these things, but why wouldn't I carry? Am i immune from any sort of violence there? Can someone guarantee I wont need it?

Ive seen things like this happen, but I think there is a big difference between blankfire training and a game. Just my opinion of course.
    Of course. I wasn't equating the two, just stating that I encountered that in somewhat more serious event where people actually point real weapons at each other. I really have no use for paintball...but that's just me.

On the other hand, having seen some of the paintball crowd that I've run across, I would probably only need to be armed with a water pistol.

I know they are not all like that though.
    Havok likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links