Would you conceal carry during this type of recreational activity?

This is a discussion on Would you conceal carry during this type of recreational activity? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you are participating in a recreational activity such as paintball, laser tag or a similar activity with non lethal items that look like firearms, ...

View Poll Results: Conceal Carry Poll

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

30 31.25%
  • NO

66 68.75%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Would you conceal carry during this type of recreational activity?

If you are participating in a recreational activity such as paintball, laser tag or a similar activity with non lethal items that look like firearms, would you conceal carry your pistol during that activity?

I don’t participate in those types of activities.
    OD*, Melvin, OldChap and 8 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I don’t participate in those types of activities.
    I used to participate many years ago but I don't anymore however in general I feel that it's a dangerous situation to conceal carry during an activity of this type so that is why I voted NO. I am curious how others here feel about this scenario.
    Marc_Brooks and viney266 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I took this as "Attending" Not participating, And thought sure why not? If I were a participant probably not. DR

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    I took this as "Attending" Not participating, And thought sure why not? If I were a participant probably not. DR

I changed the verbiage from attending to participating to avoid confusion as that is what I was referring to.
    dangerranger likes this.

VIP Member
    Absolutely not....
    OldChap likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

The last time I played paintball was at an outdoor "junkyard" arena in North Denver near the Stockshow Complex.

Damm skippy I would be armed if playing there again...
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Of course, why not?

Maybe they've changed in the 5 or 10 years since I last picked up a paintball gun, but last I knew paintball guns are totally different than the weapons most people carry for personal protection. I think you'd have to be an idiot of the highest order to get them mixed up. Even then I don't think it's possible. It would be like getting your 1911 mixed up with your garden sprayer. I think it's less risky to keep my weapon on my person during the game than keep it in a locker room or out in my vehicle.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Never got into paintball.
    Sarge 80 1976-1983 US Air Force

I don't normally participate in those types of activities simply because I don't know anyone in my area who does. I have participated in several force-on-force courses, using Simmunitions, Ultimate Training Munitions (UTM) and airsoft. During those types of courses, the instructors are always scrupulous about ensuring you have no weapons of any type on your person. They also have each person check any persons they will be working with during the training.

Just this year, there was a case where a female LEO thought she was drawing a taser and instead drew her pistol and accidentally shot a person. Not a good situation to find yourself in....
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

As you word it my answer is no. It would not make sense to carry a loaded fire arm during such activity's
    Rockymonster likes this.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Ex Member
    I did real combat and so I have never had a desire to engage in mock combat, but, if I did participate, I would not depart from my 24/7 personal policy to always be armed.
    WebleyHunter and duane_wade like this.

I have an amusing story about this. I played paintball back in the old days of the sport, where the only paintball gun allowed was the Nel-Spot 007 bolt action pistol, pictured below, which was designed for forest services to mark trees. We played in a forest, not some prepared paintball field.

A buddy of mine and I were in a league in Virginia Beach. The league had teams from the Marines, the Seals, local police, etc. Against all that combat training, it was well known that the top team was ironically a group of nuclear engineers for the Portsmouth Navy Shipyard. These guys won a lot because they planned really intricate strategies and weren't afraid to intentionally sacrifice players to win. The real "operators" were not so cold-blooded. No offense to the Corps, but one time a Marine lost his Nel-Spot. The shame of a Marine losing his weapon was no less than if it had been his rifle in combat.

But the amusing story is that one time we were game-on in the woods and someone yelled out to stop the game. This was only supposed to happen if someone was injured. We all converged on the area where the call came from and what happened was that someone came across a really big rattlesnake. We kept our distance, but he was coiled to strike, rattler going and everything. After a short discussion, we decided it would be best to kill it or it could be a further hazard. The SEALS and Marines beat feet back to their cars and returned with all kinds of artillery. It was like, "First one back gets the shot!" The first guy back was a SEAL with a 1911. He dispatched the snake with one to the head.

Name:  Nel Spot.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  11.6 KB
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I have an amusing story about this. I played paintball back in the old days of the sport, where the only paintball gun allowed was the Nel-Spot 007 bolt action pistol, pictured below, which was designed for forest services to mark trees. We played in a forest, not some prepared paintball field.

A buddy of mine and I were in a league in Virginia Beach. The league had teams from the Marines, the Seals, local police, etc. Against all that combat training, it was well known that the top team was ironically a group of nuclear engineers for the Portsmouth Navy Shipyard. These guys won a lot because they planned really intricate strategies and weren't afraid to intentionally sacrifice players to win. The real "operators" were not so cold-blooded. No offense to the Corps, but one time a Marine lost his Nel-Spot. The shame of a Marine losing his weapon was no less than if it had been his rifle in combat.

But the amusing story is that one time we were game-on in the woods and someone yelled out to stop the game. This was only supposed to happen if someone was injured. We all converged on the area where the call came from and what happened was that someone came across a really big rattlesnake. We kept our distance, but he was coiled to strike, rattler going and everything. After a short discussion, we decided it would be best to kill it or it could be a further hazard. The SEALS and Marines beat feet back to their cars and returned with all kinds of artillery. It was like, "First one back gets the shot!" The first guy back was a SEAL with a 1911. He dispatched the snake with one to the head.

Name:  Nel Spot.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  11.6 KB
    Never underestimate the strategic mindset and tactical efficiency of engineers. They don't sleep, they drink too much coffee and they never stop thinking about the best way to solve a problem.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links