Mouse guns for "I'm lazy and taking dog out in my pajama shorts" - Page 3

Mouse guns for "I'm lazy and taking dog out in my pajama shorts"

This is a discussion on Mouse guns for "I'm lazy and taking dog out in my pajama shorts" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Two options for "talking the dog out" - walk dog. Put my cargo shorts on and stick a holstered PM9 / Shield in the pocket, ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Mouse guns for "I'm lazy and taking dog out in my pajama shorts"

Two options for "talking the dog out" - walk dog.
    Put my cargo shorts on and stick a holstered PM9 / Shield in the pocket, most likely of the two.
    Gym type shorts with Smartcarry, Glock 19 size pistol & spare mag no problem.

Pajamas? No. I don't do pajamas, this image comes to mind:
    MMinSC likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

VIP Member
    Fanny pack or belly band - like others already suggested. Time to put on totally minimal and you can be sure your gun will not pull down your undies of fall down and out from the not very tight waist as you are out and about in them.

UNLESS you actually started this thread as an excuse to get recommendations for a good mouse gun (that you'd like to have but don't really need), that is!
    dangerranger and ETXhiker like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Iím gonna let yíall get a good laugh & throw this out there ....

Taurus Spectrum ....

I was looking for something For the same situation, in the shorts pocket when taking out the trash, picking up dog stuff, getting mail, doodling in the garage, etc., & also double for ankle carry backup during the day.

Found a flash sale & I just purchased 2 at $137 ea. total in hand ($120 + $7 s/h + $10 FFL)

Iíve put 100 rnds thru each with no problem, fits both needs perfectly.

Yesterday, found a different source at $118 each.

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/tau-1007...6r-grbkbk.html
    MMinSC, Old Man and reyno626 like this.
    Gun Free Zones are totally effective, and 100% safe ... (wait for it) ... (wait for it) ... until a bad guy with a gun shows up! Then suddenly, you have an uncontested Kill Zone of defensless sheep, patiently awaiting their turn for the slaughter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Cool

+1 on the dedicated fanny pack designed or modified for gun carry/access.

[Regarding that other matter, a good landing starts with a good approach. Usually we want to capture the glide slope sooner.]
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

I really, really like my S&W 43C for similar duties.

11oz, 8 shots of .22...itís my daily walk companion (along with pepper sprayóIíve had dog issues before, and a quick blast of OC takes care of them, without the hassle of calling the cops about a gunshot).
    Old Man and Texas Red like this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Once I get to the point where I am no longer wearing pants, the dog has missed her chance to go out.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    Once I get to the point where I am no longer wearing pants, the dog has missed her chance to go out.
    Yep, the dog gets on a routine. Last chance out is 8pm till my wife gets up around 630am. I don't get up at night for anything short of a break-in. Off to work at 330am so I don't mess with the dog in the morning.
    That said my Pico has been 100% reliable and much nicer to shoot and better made than my LCP was although a tad heavier by almost 2 ounces if I recall. It is either my backup or my "I can't have a gun, gun".
    MMinSC, Rockymonster and ETXhiker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    I was flying in IFR conditions once, (very misty/foggy day). I descended to about 2,000 feet and I was in fog until about we landed. I remember I captured the localizer pretty dead on and remember chasing the glideslope down. It was my 1st real IFR conditions flight. I remember I was ****ting bricks when I couldn't capture the GS, so I wondered if I should go around. At around 600 feet I got dead on the ILS and captured both LOC and GS. Right around 200 feet I saw the runway and did a nice landing. It was probably one of my best and smoothest approach and landings.

Clarification:
    I have no idea what you're talking about and how it relates to me carrying a small gun in my Community when I take my dog out.
    He just wants you to know he won't hit you in the fog when your walking your dog.......

Mouse guns for "I'm lazy and taking dog out in my pajama shorts"

No pants guns that I have:

Seecamp 32 is the smallest and P32 the lightest. Bodyguard 380 carries fine too.
    Old Man likes this.

Before I shower and dress while wearing swim trunks, gym shorts, or sweatpants around the house, I drop the holstered NAA MiniMag .22M in my pocket. There are other guns available. For yard work or at the gym in shorts, I drop the Sig P938 9mm in my pocket. All other times is a 1911 with a spare magazine on my belt covered by an untucked shirt.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

VIP Member
    Seems that a lot of the responses weren't really addressing your question!

My go-to drop-in-the-bathrobe-pocket gun is an Airweight J-frame; either the 442 or 642. The semi-auto alternative is either a Kahr CW380 or the LCP. I had a P3AT, but the CW380 knocked it out of the running. The Kahr is only slightly bigger, but SO much more pleasant to shoot, easier to shoot accurately, and more reliable.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

I work at a gun shop and that P32 is as light as they get. I WISH Ruger would make one in 32 and 8 shots for the LCP. That said I carry an LCP. I do have a friend who carries a p32 (she is quite petite) and it works well for her.

For me it's either the LCP or a 442. Depending on clothing. I love the 442, but that LCP is even smaller...and the p32 makes the LCP seem heavy.
    CreedDryrot, ETXhiker and jstert like this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    For something small I use my Beretta Model 84 or CZ-83. Both are in .380 ACP and meet my needs for something small and quick to carry and yet are very ergonomic for their size along with having a good capacity magazine.
    Come on now! OP asked about a mousegun to drop in his pajama shorts!

I absolutely love the Beretta M84, but it's not a mousegun by a LONG stretch. It's a big, BIG .380 by today's standards. There are quite a few 9mm's that are smaller & lighter. The P365 is smaller & lighter and with the 12+1 pinky-rest mag only gives up one round of capacity.

Pretty sure OP was looking more for something in the LCP class, size-wise!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

I like a little . 380, a handling leash, healing stick and whistles; little Daisy just loves the Acme 210 and a half and a Remington trombone for when things are more quiet like after dark or before light.

And treats

and an e-coller for occasional rehab

There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

P32 on a necklace.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links