Do any of you carry concealed with an OWB holster? - Page 4

Do any of you carry concealed with an OWB holster?

This is a discussion on Do any of you carry concealed with an OWB holster? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My EDC gun is a Glock 19, made the switch in 2005 (before that my EDC gun was my Duty SIG P226 or P220 and ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: Do any of you carry concealed with an OWB holster?

My EDC gun is a Glock 19, made the switch in 2005 (before that my EDC gun was my Duty SIG P226 or P220 and off duty P225 or P239). I carried my SIGs and still carry my 19, in a Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard during the Spring, Fall, and Winter months. During the Summer and when I need/want more concealment I will use one of my IWB holsters.

Been using the Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard since the early 90s. BEST OWB HOLSTER period! - my opinion of course
    SpringerXD and sparkyfender like this.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Distinguished Member
    I have just begun carrying OWB for the last couple of days and I’m really liking it. I carry a PPQ SC in a Bravo Concealment OWB Kydex rig. Tight to the body, light weight, and very concealable with the right shirt. Much preferred so far over IWB.
    SpringerXD likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    I have just begun carrying OWB for the last couple of days and I’m really liking it. I carry a PPQ SC in a Bravo Concealment OWB Kydex rig. Tight to the body, light weight, and very concealable with the right shirt. Much preferred so far over IWB.
    My holster is supposed to arrive today, so I'll get to try it today or tomorrow.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    Every day...Galco 'Concealable"

P229 in an Alamo pancake, I either let a oversized t-shirt hang over it or wear an unbuttend cover shirt

If it needs to be done, do it.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

OD*
    Senior Moderator

Do any of you carry concealed with an OWB holster?

I carry both IWB & OWB, depending.

IWB
    Do any of you carry concealed with an OWB holster?-holsters-2a.jpg

OWB
    Do any of you carry concealed with an OWB holster?-holsters-3.jpg
    Do any of you carry concealed with an OWB holster?-kramer-msp.jpg
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post

I carry both IWB & OWB, depending.

I also use both carry methods. OWB is more comfortable, so when I can, that's my preferred method. This is easier in cooler weather, when a jacket feels more natural.

Here’s mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do any of you carry concealed with an OWB holster?-6c4afe1c-2cc4-4991-a229-300e3cd28fd5.jpeg  

Glock 23 - CZ 452 Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    S&W M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9
    Kel-Tec KSG - S&W M686+

Work and primary residence North Central CT
    I use a high ride belly band at about 4 to 5 O'Clock, also saved me money on not having to get liposuction I also like the OWB's as well when the clothing is more amenable. AIWB just isn't for me for sure.
    SpringerXD likes this.
    Matthew 25:40 / WWJD
    Favorite caliber- How is that even possible?
    The more I know the less I understand.
    Recovering Redneck / Recovering Catholic / Recovered racist
    Monotheistic Secular Humanist

I carry OWB all the time, I rarely go IWB just because I'm a big guy and many others have stated all the reasons I don't carry IWB that often. As for the gear, if I want to carry and not worry about printing at all, I wear the plastic holster set from on-your-six designs. The holster and mag pouch hug the gun and mags up very close to the body so there's no printing and a light vest or jacket or unbuttoned shirt can be worn over a t-shirt and it works great. On the other hand, if it's ultimate comfort, I use the versa carry leather commander setup with a built in mag pouch, although I also have a double mag pouch for that one as well. As comfort goes, that is the most comfortable carry holster I've ever worn, hands down..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do any of you carry concealed with an OWB holster?-img_5646.jpg  

Do any of you carry concealed with an OWB holster?-img_0826.jpg  

SpringerXD and sparkyfender like this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Thanks. I wasn't familiar with Versacarry. Their prices are very nice, too.

Your rig looks fantastic, but I have a question..... is there another belt loop somewhere on the forward side that we don't see in the picture? If not, then how is it secured on the front side?

-miklcolt45

Yes there is another loop underneath the mag pouch portion of the holster. That one cost me $34.99 I think with the “Come and Take it” monogram, and I think the deal for holster and belt both was $50.

I figured since they were fellow Texans I was obligated to do my “Bidness” with them. I’m very satisfied with the quality and comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SpringerXD likes this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Yes there is another loop underneath the mag pouch portion of the holster. That one cost me $34.99 I think with the “Come and Take it” monogram, and I think the deal for holster and belt both was $50.

I figured since they were fellow Texans I was obligated to do my “Bidness” with them. I’m very satisfied with the quality and comfort.
    Outstanding. I've bookmarked their site and looking at the Commander S3.

As a "former naturalized Texan" myself, I can see giving them my "bidness," also.

edr9x23super likes this.

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    ...I wasn't familiar with Versacarry. Their prices are very nice, too...
    Think about the fact that you are willing to carry your $600.00 pistol in a belt-and-holster rig that will cost $50.00.
    The normal rule-of-thumb is that the holster and belt should cost about 1/3 of the price of the gun. And more gets you better.

The Versacarry holster shown is made of a single layer of soft leather. The soft leather will stretch and flex, leaving your pistol loose and insecure in its pouch. This makes both presentation and (really necessary) reholstering difficult and clumsy.

Further, carrying both pistol and reload on the same side of your body makes reloading difficult and slow. You will have to reach across your entire front,in order to grab your reload with your weak-side hand.

It's your money, and you have to make the choice, but the Versacarry is not something that I would buy and use.
    Try this test: Hold your pistol in your strong-side (normal shooting) hand. Now, reach across your body for the reload. It's awkward, isn't it? But now think about doing it while prone behind some minimal cover. That makes it almost impossible.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Quote Originally Posted by M1911A1 View Post
    Think about the fact that you are willing to carry your $600.00 pistol in a belt-and-holster rig that will cost $50.00.
    The normal rule-of-thumb is that the holster and belt should cost about 1/3 of the price of the gun. And more gets you better.

The Versacarry holster shown is made of a single layer of soft leather. The soft leather will stretch and flex, leaving your pistol loose and insecure in its pouch. This makes both presentation and (really necessary) reholstering difficult and clumsy.

Further, carrying both pistol and reload on the same side of your body makes reloading difficult and slow. You will have to reach across your entire front,in order to grab your reload with your weak-side hand.

It's your money, and you have to make the choice, but the Versacarry is not something that I would buy and use.
    Try this test: Hold your pistol in your strong-side (normal shooting) hand. Now, reach across your body for the reload. It's awkward, isn't it? But now think about doing it while prone behind some minimal cover. That makes it almost impossible.
    I don't necessarily agree about the "1/3 the price of the gun" principle. The ONE and only product I like from Uncle Mike's is their instructor belt, which I wear daily, and I would be totally confident wearing it with any gun on the planet. There are also some decent holsters at a fair price.

I do agree about the magazine location. I'm right-handed and would want the mag reachable by the left hand.

-miklcolt45

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links