Have any of you tried the Hide-It Holster?

This is a discussion on Have any of you tried the Hide-It Holster? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes, I know that the old Pager Pal/Cell Pal doesn't get a lot of love here. And yes, I've also tried a search. But the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Have any of you tried the Hide-It Holster?

Yes, I know that the old Pager Pal/Cell Pal doesn't get a lot of love here. And yes, I've also tried a search.

But the Hide-It Holster, using CLIP ONLY with no cell phone case or whatnot, doesn't look that radically different from AIWB to me.

https://www.ultimateconcealedcarry.c...cessories.html

I'm halfway tempted to get one to try it. Plus, the one holster fits many guns. I also like the idea that it could be comfortable to sit with, which IWB isn't for me.

So have any of you actually tried one for yourself?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    Anything that takes extra time to draw your gun seems to me that it would be useless in an emergency. "You never need a gun until you REALLY need it!" And if you really need it, you don't have time to do the extra pulling to get to your gun.

Other than having to remember to pull your belt/pants OUT, the big thing that stood out to me while watching the video is after you pull that holster up and out enough to get to the gun, if you use your support hand to hold the grip of the gun your cell phone will fall onto the ground/cement/whatever. I do not think that is good for cell phones.

Add to that the question of how you are going to re-holster so you are not viewed as the bad guy with the gun, and the whole thing seems horrendous to me.

Remember your adrenaline is flooding your system and your fine motor skills are "not much there."

My opinion.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I have a PagerPal that I picked up at a gun show demo years ago. It lives in the drawer with the other holsters I've tried over the years. Save your money, pm me and I'll send it free for shipping.

Sent from my water damaged bag phone using Tapatalk
    Double Naught Spy and OD* like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    ....the big thing that stood out to me while watching the video is after you pull that holster up and out enough to get to the gun, if you use your support hand to hold the grip of the gun your cell phone will fall onto the ground/cement/whatever.
    If I were to try one, it would be with the clip only.

-miklcolt45

I don't have any experience with this holster but it might be useful for someone who needs deep deep concealment.
    jmf552 likes this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

I have several holsters that were given to me to try. They all are taking up space that could be better utilized for dog food. One of those is the "daddy" to that one - it looks like it could hold a roll of newspapers and you have a flap that you pull which causes the gun to rise up out of the holster to draw.

I'm not knocking your idea...just letting you know that there are a LOT of folks out there just itching to take your money. These days I stick to name brands pretty much:

https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/
    seebee62 and ShooterGranny like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I don't have any experience with this holster but it might be useful for someone who needs deep deep concealment.
    That's the thing. It's not meant to be for super quick access. But holsters meant for super quick access will generally only apply to people who are carrying where it's allowed and it's no big deal if they're "made."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I'm halfway tempted to get one to try it. Plus, the one holster fits many guns.
    That's a solid no for me, fits many guns is a recipe for a junk holster.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    That's a solid no for me, fits many guns is a recipe for a junk holster.
    I usually agree. For example, I'll never touch one of those "holsters," i.e. nylon bags, they sell for $20.00 or less.

But this context is a bit different because the gun will be secured by the holster and the front of the pants.
    matthew03 likes this.

-miklcolt45

I usually agree. For example, I'll never touch one of those "holsters," i.e. nylon bags, they sell for $20.00 or less.

But this context is a bit different because the gun will be secured by the holster and the front of the pants.
    Not in a fight. I want to know I can roll. Also the presentation is not going to be fight ready, there are way better products that both conceal and allow you to fight from a holster.
    Struckat, OldChap and OD* like this.
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Not in a fight. I want to know I can roll. Also the presentation is not going to be fight ready, there are way better products that both conceal and allow you to fight from a holster.
    Okay. So if you're wanting deeper concealment than IWB or OWB, what would be your choice?

Not being snarky or anything; it's a serious question.
    matthew03 likes this.

-miklcolt45

Keep in mind that this type of holster requires use of BOTH hands to draw. Seeing that one's off hand is likely to be otherwise occupied, I'm not a fan.
    The biggest problem I had with it was while I was walking, it would be pulling my pants down. If you tighten your belt to stop your pants from falling you can't access your gun. I never found that " happy medium" that did both. If I need to tuck my shirt, I use a "Crossbreed" style holster.

Sent from my water damaged bag phone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by norm9278; September 11th, 2019 at 05:59 PM.

Okay. So if you're wanting deeper concealment than IWB or OWB, what would be your choice?

When I unhappily had to tuck in my shirt, I discontentedly settled for a holstered pocket 380 - LCP.
    Small pocket hand sanitizer, tic-tacs, roll of mints, ect... helps break outline.
    At least it (pocket gun) can be accessed with one hand.

Smartcarry would work okay with pleated dress pants; however its more of a two hand draw.
    IMO I could easily conceal a Shield 9mm/40 plus spare mag in a Smartcarry wearing yucky pleated dress pants and detested tucked in shirt.
    At least with Smartcarry there is nothing on belt to draw attention.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Seems to add too many steps to the draw process.

Pulling your waist band out sucking in your stomach.
    There are so many Holster options out there that donít require these steps.

Depending on the situation the less steps the better I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No worries, how much deeper do you need to go? I carry a fighting sized gun all the time AIWB. I have a buddy who moved to ankle carry/J frame at his office.

My non-permissive environment, which I rarely ever have to do is a G43 AIWB on a tethered trigger guard rig.
    OD* and SpringerXD like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links