Are you carrying a gun? - Page 4

Are you carrying a gun?

This is a discussion on Are you carrying a gun? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by flintlock62 I read the OP alright. Just how obvious was it? Did the video show the bulge? Care to post the video ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Are you carrying a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    I read the OP alright. Just how obvious was it? Did the video show the bulge? Care to post the video for my education?
    I think I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant that the guy who originally posted the video was paranoid but it occurs to me that you might have been trying to say that the people in Walmart who (correctly) accused the guy of carrying a gun were paranoid.

I don't think I'm going to post the video . It's just him sitting in his car talking anyway.

Excuse me sir, I noticed you are open carrying or printing.
    Do you post on gun forums?
    Yes.
    Great!
    When you get a chance, please post that somebody noticed or said something so to help reduce posting of either cliche.
    Thanks.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Whats the name of this video?
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I would have just pointed at my crotch and said ď no, this is my gunĒ and walked away.
    OD*, Wavygravy, G-man* and 2 others like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

wmhawth likes this.

I work in an office and got caught last week, after carrying every day for years. I had my g19 IWB and was wearing a shirt that had shrunk (or maybe I got bigger) and was a little too short. We were sitting in a meeting and when I got up he motioned for me to cover my gun. Thankfully he's a cool dude and nothing more came of it. I thanked him later.

I've also been "made" twice playing in a band, because the guitar strap can pin my shirt high when I bend over. Thankfully this is Alabama.

I have also seen people carrying concealed, and I didn't say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    My point isn't so much if people who know what to look for spot you as it is how poorly do you have to be concealing before some random soccer mom figures it out?
    With just random contact, I would be very easy to conceal. But the more time you spend with people The more chances you will show a tell, have your shirt ride up, bump into a desk, etc.... That's why deep concealment at work is so much harder than concealing out in public. DR
    Wavygravy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    In my case, I just donít care enough to look for it.
    Same here, unless some activity sets off the spidy for some reason. WGAS whether someone is carrying a gun or not unless some activity they are exhibiting warrants it.
    G-man* likes this.

No oneís asked me in 20 years. I donít tell anyone Iím carrying. I really like the two suggestions, ďitís my ostomy bagĒ, or ďtell me why itís your business to askĒ. Like OldVetís, my state doesnít require deep concealment and, in fact, allows open carry. I prefer to be in the ďnever tellĒ group and not print at all.

My wife, son and brother know I carry. No one has called me out on it and I donít think anyone has noted it. My everyday garb is a t-shirt over work shorts, and my dress-up is a golf shirt over shorts that are maybe a tad cleaner. With just a little attention to my posture thereís zero printing except when I sit. My son made me when I was slouched in a lawn chair a few weeks ago. I straightened my posture just to show it doesnít show.

Member IDPA & GSSF
    Preserve Our Rights

VIP Member
    The only time anyone has said anything was when I was carrying my spare mag in a cargo pants open top pocket (clipped in to it). She asked me what it was. I told her it was a spare magazine for my gun. She knows I have a permit, and I didn't see much point in saying it was something it wasn't. Her husband also has a permit, but for whatever reasons (probably her), he doesn't carry except when he goes to visit college friends out of state.

If I've been made other times, I am not aware of it.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

People have asked me what is the bulge under your shirt? I showed them phone, flashlight, multi tool, and pepper spray. One Snub is in my pocket the other is in appendix carry I donít show that.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
    People have asked me what is the bulge under your shirt? I showed them phone, flashlight, multi tool, and pepper spray. One Snub is in my pocket the other is in appendix carry I donít show that.
    Good approach. I was once asked what's in my bag, and I proceeded to slowly pull things out and describe their function.

"And this here is my GPS. It's not like most modern units, which just show the highways. No. Here, let me show you..." I pick it up and turn it on. "Takes about two minutes to boot up fully, but when it does, I'll walk you through the menu system so you can see..."

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.
    Haywood and Rock and Glock like this.
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

But who was asking you? Was it some random stranger who walked up to in Walmart or somebody who at least knew you?

It is people that know me. I canít remember a stranger ever saying anything. With all the stuff people carry these days, and with everybody looking at their phone most of the time, I doubt anyone would really notice or care.
    Rick McC. likes this.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

It is people that know me. I canít remember a stranger ever saying anything. With all the stuff people carry these days, and with everybody looking at their phone most of the time, I doubt anyone would really notice or care.

Did you watch the video?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links