Are you carrying a gun? - Page 5

Are you carrying a gun?

This is a discussion on Are you carrying a gun? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cypher Did you watch the video? OK just watched it. Guess Im wrong. Now, about making videos while driving....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Are you carrying a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Did you watch the video?
    OK just watched it. Guess Im wrong. Now, about making videos while driving.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
    Now, about making videos while driving.
    That one video was enough to convince me the dude is a butt head

Pro
    No comments, but I'm pretty sure the only time I screwed up, was on a stop at a Chick-fil-a. I got out of my truck, and apparently my shirt had run up over my IWB Glock. My wife jumped in line while I headed to the men's room, when I realized my gun was exposed. Oops, no eyeballs on me that I noticed, but I'm sure a few people in the busy restaurant spotted my carry. I'm just glad I wasn't home in the Commiewealth of Mass, but was in Jacksonville, FL (Southside to be specific) . I just wish I lived there instead, lol.
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member
    Comm2A - Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

No, that's a portable 3D map of Florida. Why?
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    No comments, but I'm pretty sure the only time I screwed up, was on a stop at a Chick-fil-a. I got out of my truck, and apparently my shirt had run up over my IWB Glock. My wife jumped in line while I headed to the men's room, when I realized my gun was exposed. Oops, no eyeballs on me that I noticed, but I'm sure a few people in the busy restaurant spotted my carry. I'm just glad I wasn't home in the Commiewealth of Mass, but was in Jacksonville, FL (Southside to be specific) . I just wish I lived there instead, lol.
    Came home from a 900 mile trip to Lancaster PA. Had my Glock 43X unloaded, in a suitcase in the hatchback, empty magazines.
    First rest stop in a non-Commie State, Virginia? Loaded Glock, one extra magazine. Holstered up. On the 81 south, a couple of miles in ML. Can not imagine living anywhere except Florida. I think you are much more likely to get killed driving than any other way.

People can not drive well, any state. But home safe, one day doing nothing to rest up, nice to be home in Gods State.

Putting some goods in my Jeep, outside a big box store, felt a tug on my shirt? Looked up, saw Deputy walking away, I called "Thank you"
    She lifted her hand in a silent wave. My vehicle is a marked Security Vehicle. The only time I have ever been made. That I know of.
    Haywood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Putting some goods in my Jeep, outside a big box store, felt a tug on my shirt? Looked up, saw Deputy walking away, I called "Thank you"
    She lifted her hand in a silent wave. My vehicle is a marked Security Vehicle. The only time I have ever been made. That I know of.
    Pardon me for asking this but how did anybody get that close to you without you being aware of it?

That's how people get their gun snatched

In the 35+ years I have been CCW I have only been "made" once by another uniformed cop who worked for another agency while I was working undercover during Bike Week.
    Sister likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

That I am aware of I have never been made. That being said I cant say (if this story is true) I would have been kind enough to give the couple following trying to find out whats going on under my shirt a nice response without showing my rear!

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Attachment 302142

Are you carrying a gun?-giant-glock.jpg

How you feel you look when you first carry.

Most people arent aware that others even CC so they aren't lookin. Aside from wardrobe malfunction, i think about the only people "looking" are CC people themselves. Spot the CC game.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I would have just pointed at my crotch and said no, this is my gun and walked away.
    Along the same lines, I tell them they got me Im really a man and obviously very happy to see them!
    Trust God, He is in control.

UDC member

DG
    When people are so self absorbed in their cell phones that they literally walk into the side of your car while it's parked in front of a store, do you honestly think that they will notice that you are carrying anything short of a bazooka?
    msgt/ret and Sister like this.

I have only been asked one time by a stranger. She recognized my fanny pack because she had been shopping for one that day for her dad's birthday.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Pardon me for asking this but how did anybody get that close to you without you being aware of it?

That's how people get their gun snatched
    Moving treated wood from a cart into my Jeep. Affixing a Red cloth to the ends sticking out. She was walking by, I was hot, sweaty, and tired! It happens.

Even another incident, leaving First Watch in Dr. Phillips. A very large Lady was coming in, a big one via the door I was trying to leave out of.

A middle-aged Guy was sitting on the bench seat, awaiting his table? On my left, in stepping towards him, he raised a hand a protective hand. Placed it right on my Glock 19 spare magazine, under my shirt. A natural enough motion. I looked at him, he glanced at me, we both smiled.

I said the Gun is on the other side! He said, "I Know". I left, he stayed. Made? I reckon so. He was Black, I am not.
    A cultural moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Moving treated wood from a cart into my Jeep. Affixing a Red cloth to the ends sticking out. She was walking by, I was hot, sweaty, and tired! It happens.

Even another incident, leaving First Watch in Dr. Phillips. A very large Lady was coming in, a big one via the door I was trying to leave out of.

A middle-aged Guy was sitting on the bench seat, awaiting his table? On my left, in stepping towards him, he raised a hand a protective hand. Placed it right on my Glock 19 spare magazine, under my shirt. A natural enough motion. I looked at him, he glanced at me, we both smiled.

I said the Gun is on the other side! He said, "I Know". I left, he stayed. Made? I reckon so. He was Black, I am not.
    A cultural moment?
    I'm not claiming to be super ninja but probably the second time I got attacked I got really good at noticing people that I didn't know entering my space

Just remember a time working at a coffee shop. A police officer told me my speed loaders were showing. I smiled and pulled my shirt down .
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links