Are you carrying a gun? - Page 6

Are you carrying a gun?

This is a discussion on Are you carrying a gun? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cypher I just watched a YouTube video in which the YouTuber tells us he's shopping at Walmart with his family when he ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Are you carrying a gun?

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I just watched a YouTube video in which the YouTuber tells us he's shopping at Walmart with his family when he notices two people (random couple not thugs) following him. Eventually he asks them if there's something he can help them with and they tell him they noticed the bulge and were trying to figure out it was a gun or not. He tells them it's a colostomy bag and that's the end of the video.

That I'm absolutely positive of I've been "made" exactly once. I bent down to get something off the floor and someone behind me noticed (or really thought I had a cute butt) and gave me a thumbs up. That's the only time I'm aware of that anyone has ever "caught" me.
    WGaS. It is no one's business who carries a gun. The inquisitive need to be told that the world would be a better place if they minded their own business rather than sticking their noses in other's lives.

And 99% of the people in this world are too concerned w/ the phones or some-such other worthless trivia to even notice what is going on around them. They live at Condition White.
    OD* likes this.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

Quote Originally Posted by KevinRohrer View Post
    WGaS. It is no one's business who carries a gun. The inquisitive need to be told that the world would be a better place if they minded their own business rather than sticking their noses in other's lives.
    And then they call the cops and report a crazy man with a gun.
    DG likes this.

DG
    Honestly folks, and I can't emphasize this enough.....Nobody makes a big deal about it until you decide to make a big deal about it. "Well, I think in order to prove a point and exercise my 2nd amendment rights, I'll just strap on an AR and as many magazines as I can and stroll into Starbucks and order a latte and pretend I go everywhere dressed like this. Church? The doctor's office? Yep, me and my AR. We go everywhere together."

Seriously? You actually do that and wonder why normal people think you're weird?
    Wavygravy, KevinRohrer and OD* like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I don't believe anybody has noticed when I carry. If they did nobody said anything. I was in church one Sunday and noticed a gentleman when he bowed to pray his shirt would ride up and concealed went to open carry. He step out of the service for a minute I followed and mentioned it to him. He thanked me.

And then they call the cops and report a crazy man with a gun.
    And 99% of the people in this world are too concerned w/ the phones or some-such other worthless trivia to even notice what is going on around them. They live at Condition White.

I have carried a large-frame handgun concealed for 45-years w/o a problem. I never get concerned about nothing.
    OD* and sparkyfender like this.

1968 in Benin, West Africa. In those days there was no problem in moving your handgun from the small of your back to your carry on and back again, depending on the search location. Anyway, I had flown from NYC to Benin ( Dahomey before the name change). The flight was a long one, too much cognac plus a head cold. Switched my Walther from my bag to the small of my back, left the plane, went through customs. My boss met me when my bags were released. He was with a friend, a local police constable. I distinctly remember bending over to pick up my bags. I was wearing a lightweight suit . I knew at that moment that the pistol at the small of my back would be visible as the material stretched over my back. As I straightened up, here comes the constable with a no-no look on his face. Luckily, my boss saw what had happened and got it straightened out. Understandably, I walked on egg shells for a while. Realistically, most of us carried handguns during that period, as some of the locals were not friendly.

Did you watch the video? Apparently, some random people in Walmart did notice the guy was carrying a gun and they did question him about it. If they were concerned enough to ask him I would guess that they'd be concerned enough to call the police if he had answered them in a belligerent manner. And yes, I am aware the videographer wasn't doing anything illegal or even wrong but avoiding unnecessary interactions with the police is generally a good thing.

I never get concerned about nothing.
    Then you must get concerned about something

I usually carry IWB or shoulder holster. I have yet to be made that I am aware of. A commander size 1911 or a Ruger SR9c are both easily concealed.
    Nix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    People who carry themselves are the ones most likely to spot others who do but people in general are oblivious.
    This.

That said...I have my wife give me the once over before I go out, just to be sure. But, on one occasion, I was trying out a new SOB holster, which by the way was quite comfortable with my 365 (I’m a bit chubby, and it fit well between the “love handles”), and while out shopping at a Wally World, of all places, my shirt rode up when I bent down to pick up an item. Instead of falling back down over the gun, my shirt got caught behind it. There were other people around me who may or may not have noticed, but my wife was there, quickly noticed, and helped me remedy the situation. So, that holster, while comfortable, has been relegated to the big unused/underused holster box in the back bedroom. With my spare tire in front. AIWB doesn’t work well for me, so most of the time, I’m carrying the 365 IWB at around 3-3:30 in Kydex with an untucked shirt that covers it well. If not that, a Bodyguard in my front right pocket in a sticky holster.

Did you watch the video? Apparently, some random people in Walmart did notice the guy was carrying a gun and they did question him about it. If they were concerned enough to ask him I would guess that they'd be concerned enough to call the police if he had answered them in a belligerent manner. And yes, I am aware the videographer wasn't doing anything illegal or even wrong but avoiding unnecessary interactions with the police is generally a good thing.

Then you must get concerned about something
    If you mean the video in #79, I did watch it, but did not see anything beyond some person talking about something that may or may not have happened.

I'll be sure to let you know if I learn of something relating to me that I should be concerned with, but the topic-at-hand is not one of them.
    OD* likes this.

Senior Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't give much thought to extreme concealment here in FL. The law says it has to be concealed "from ordinary view," which means covered. IWB or OWB under a loose shirt is about as concealed as I get.
    I don't either. We have open and concealed carry. If I am spotted, I have done nothing wrong. Nobody has ever said anything to me. Sometimes, my OWB holster may peek out from under my untucked shirt. No problem.

Did you watch the video? Apparently, some random people in Walmart did notice the guy was carrying a gun and they did question him about it.
    Honestly, it sounded more like a BS story made up for YouTube to get a bunch of views.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    My Son had a panicky phone call "We need an armed one of your guys, tomorrow at 2-30pm, or my Staff all just walking out!" Said the manager of a Jewelry Store. Up near the Big Mall off Sand Lake Road.

I have talked about that incident, here I think? My shotgun carrying gig? If not I will do so. Some other time.

But whilst working there lots of Brit Visitors came to look at and sometimes buy jewelry. You can not walk around all the time (They want you to!) So I found a tall stool in the storeroom, and perched for a while, behind a pillar, roof support, not much of me sticking out.

One posh English Lady, with a couple of kids, from London UK. Saw me on a stroll, Glock 19 with open holster, two mags. "Is that a real GUN!!" "Is it loaded!!" "Well yes, and yes" I said.

When the lady heard my accent (Me from Liverpool UK. A Scouser!) She turned to her husband and proclaimed, "A Scouser with a loaded gun!" It broke me up. Her 13-year-old son said, "Can I hold it?" Well no, I said.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    This is the height of Police stupidity. Some mental Police Officer, of Orlando PD. Not sure male or female. Arrested a 6-year-old little girl. Put her in handcuffs, locked her in the back of a Police car, took her to a youth facility! Fingerprinted her, took a mug shot!! For kicking another little girl? In class.

Have the OPD gone mental!
    msgt/ret likes this.

I have carried for many years and have never been asked and don't believe that I have ever printed. That may be a new trend for the sheeple, trying to spot those who CCW. If I am ever asked, I hope that I will have a quick, (verbal), reply!
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

family Motto of Winston Churchill

Nix
    Today, I was walking past a Starbuck coffee shop--I emphasize past--and 'made' a guy walking into the store who was carrying. Nice looking guy, stocky build, mid-30's, professional appearance, wearing a polo shirt and casual slacks (I think I'm old enough to be able to still use the term 'slacks'.). He had broad shoulders and his shirt was somewhat loose around his waist, but the outline of his 1911 (99% sure he was toting a 1911) at the 4 o'clock position was clearly visible. I couldn't tell if it was a Kimber or Colt, but no question he had a solid pistol under that polo.

So I ran up to him and asked, "Are you carrying a gun?"

NOT!

Two mistakes: one, his shirt was of a thin material that tended to drape around the grip. A larger shirt would have looked less stylish but may not have printed so well or a thicker material might not have draped so much. And, two, he was buying coffee at Starbucks. There is a much better local coffee place not two blocks from where I made him!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links