Say Goodbye to Concealed Carry... - Page 4

Say Goodbye to Concealed Carry...

This is a discussion on Say Goodbye to Concealed Carry... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BBMW The gun wasn't concealed. He was holding it in his hand. He even said it couldn't detect a gun under clothing. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: Say Goodbye to Concealed Carry...

Quote Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
    The gun wasn't concealed. He was holding it in his hand. He even said it couldn't detect a gun under clothing.
    Destin's friend's was never designed to detect a gun under clothing. You really should have watched the full video! It was designed to detect a visible weapon in hand while leaving those who CC in peace, provided they remain covered. It remains a work in progress, but it's definitely in the Beta stage with a compiled (runs fast) release in the near future.

This effort, on the other hand, is more than a year old and has been detecting firearms beneath people's shirts from up to 40 feet away.

What I can't figure out is why you remain in such a vehement state of denial, arguing that something doesn't exist when you, I, and everyone else viewing this forum, whether they're members or not, can see for themselves by following the links that, yes, the days of a simple shirt concealing your carry weapon are over.

Are you embarrassed for being wrong? Heck, I learn something new every day, and I have no intentions of ceasing learning until after I'm dead. If it's something you don't know, welcome to the club. I didn't know it until the day I created this thread. If it's something you thought you knew otherwise, take Heinlein's advice: "To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn of falsehoods." - Robert A. Heinlein, the Dean of Science Fiction

Is it because you're you're just one of those jerks who like to pull people's chains? If so, I can't help you there.

Why aren't you busy developing ways of augmenting the conceal so as to defeat these?

Regardless of how vehemently you deny it, BBMW, it's already here, and in the case of the iPhone case, it's been here for more than a year.

"The cost is a mere $1,250..." Like everything tech, that'll be $99.95 in less than three years and standard issue in five. In seven it'll come with a variety of sensors, including IR, UV, MAD (magnetic anomaly detection), sonar, and millimeter wave radar at levels significantly below acceptable EPA maximums.

Only a fool would continue to deny it's happening when it's already happened.

The question is: What are you and other CCers on the forum going to do about it? Don't forget, these days I CC about 90% of the time, myself.
    Risasi likes this.
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

All God's Chillin got gun's! 1933 Movie Duck Soup Marx Brothers.
    since9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Agreed. My dad always called them "automatics" and I grew up doing the same. And as you pointed out, so does/did Colt. If you and I were having a conversation and you said "automatic," it would be a complete non-issue.

But in today's context, where the "news" media is brainwashing people 24/7, we have to pick our battles. They're doing all they can, and with great success, to convince the clueless couch potatoes and soccer moms that an AR-15 is an "automatic" weapon like what is used by the military.
    The preferred non-use of the term "automatic" by the gun culture is largely due to the explosion of sales of semi-auto handguns and rifles over the past nearly 40 years. Before that, semi-auto handguns were not in wide spread use by the public at large so the term "automatic" was not so much of a concern. However over the last two generations, sales of semi-auto handguns has skyrocketed and semi-auto rifles have experienced this huge surge as well with the popularity of the AR platform.

So the use of semi-auto came into the forefront in order to distinguish these guns from fully automatic firearms. It is right and good that we all make these distinctions and use the proper terms to help dissuade the other side from confusing the general public into thinking that AR rifles are machine guns and weapons of war. Think of it as school time in firearms' terminology.
    SpringerXD and since9 like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links