Going to see the new Joker movie tomorrow. - Page 2

Going to see the new Joker movie tomorrow.

This is a discussion on Going to see the new Joker movie tomorrow. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My advice is to wait until it comes out on TV. At least stay away from opening night....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Going to see the new Joker movie tomorrow.

My advice is to wait until it comes out on TV. At least stay away from opening night.
    msgt/ret, ETXhiker and Sister like this.
    Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone that you meet. General James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

A .380 in your pocket is better than a 45 in your truck.

Probably a good idea to give your mom a light as well, they may need to move out away from you. It would help them quite a bit.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Hate to say it and know the odds (low) but Iím a nervous wreck in a movie theater, feel like a sitting duck the whole time as to where I really canít enjoy the movie. No way would I sit there without my gun so prolly leaves a lot of the theaters out.

Iíll wait till we can see it at home, not worth the price esp if your nervous. If your not then enjoy it. BTW, looks like a great movie ~ do want to see it will wait until itís out on DVD.
    OldChap likes this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep...

If I had to get this concerned about doing anything, I would do nothing. Go see the movie and try to enjoy it--if you can stop looking over your shoulder long enough.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I would up arm slightly and skip the opening weekend showings- too crowded anyway.
    luckydog likes this.
    Enjoying my daily viewing of the "love has no labels" SJW clickbait on DC.com.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

When shopping at Walmart, remember that even serial killers need to buy toilet paper.

FWIW the longer the movie is out, the less chance of an incident.

For me I'd wait a week or two and let the crowds thin out, but then I don't like crowds of any kind!
    luckydog likes this.

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    I wish I was going to see the Joker movie. Unfortunately, I will likely be taking my wife to see Downton Abby. Oh well. Happy wife, happy life.
    luckydog and OldChap like this.
    Has anyone tried turning the country off and then back on again?

Quote Originally Posted by pskys2 View Post
    FWIW the longer the movie is out, the less chance of an incident.

For me I'd wait a week or two and let the crowds thin out, but then I don't like crowds of any kind!
    That's okay, crowds don't like me.
    pskys2 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    So how did people like the movie?
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Nah. Despite owning three Batman DVDs, I'm not a fan of the Bat Man (or known associates).

Superman and the Flash, though, are different stories... :)
    How many times must we see defenseless people die before we realize being defenseless is NOT the answer? // The First protects the Second and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Go to a matinee showing. Typically less people, and more polite people overall. If you can, go on a weekday. Odds are good you won't have any trouble, but making better choices as to when to go helps out even more.
    I try to do weekday matinees as well. Safer and less chance of an annoying human (talking or using phone) nearby.

Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

I rarely, if ever, go to the movie theaters. Maybe twice in the past four of five years. I usually wait until the film comes out on DVD, then I'll watch it on the bigscreen TV in my pajamas, with a cold soda and my dog under my feet.

I did go see that "Last Jedi" and the "Crimes of Grindelwald" movie last year, went to an afternoon matinee and discretely carried. Concealed means concealed. Movie was okay, but a soda and popcorn was twice the ticket price ;-) ... another good reason to wait for the DVD!

By the way how was the movie? I plan to go this weekend

I am armed wherever I go, movie theaters included, but I would just stick to my regular carry.

It is my impression the whole "Joker movie is going to bring out shooters" mantra is just a ploy by the left to stoke more fear of the "crazed white guy with a gun" boogeyman.

It is almost as if they want stuff like that to happen. As far as I know, there have been zero incidents at the showings.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links