Going to see the new Joker movie tomorrow.

This is a discussion on Going to see the new Joker movie tomorrow. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tomorrow my Mom was planning on taking my youngest son who is 17 years old to see the new Joker movie coming out. My son ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Going to see the new Joker movie tomorrow.

Tomorrow my Mom was planning on taking my youngest son who is 17 years old to see the new Joker movie coming out. My son has Cerebral Palsy and uses arm crutches to get around and moves slowly due to his handicap. I usually dont go to movies however I am going to be attending this one as my son is a huge fan and he deserves a good night out being a kid, so I am going this time to help out my mom who is in her 70's and keep an eye open for any possible issues that could arise even how small that percentage could be im not taking any chances. I heard someplace that security is up all over the country as this movie could bring out the crazies. I will be bringing my full size Smith & Wesson M&P .40 with 2 extra mags for a total of 45 rounds and have my weapon mounted flashlight in my cargo pocket as well to quickly attach and illuminate the area if need be. I will also have a small surefire flashlight in my pocket for the not so emergency emergency. It is a shame I have to be concerned like this but it is how things are these days and you are better off having things on your person and not needing them than needing them and not having them.
    Anyone else going to go see it soon? Any one else do what im doing if so? Any advice or tips?

Go to a matinee showing. Typically less people, and more polite people overall. If you can, go on a weekday. Odds are good you won't have any trouble, but making better choices as to when to go helps out even more.

As far as I know, there has been only one mass shooting in a theater in the US... Ever. That puts your odds of dying on the way to the theater or in the parking lot about a thousand times higher.
    Only tips I have are wear your seat belt, try not to cut anyone off, look both ways before your cross a street, and carry what you always carry.
    Bad Bob, ETXhiker, Sister and 3 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Go to a matinee showing. Typically less people, and more polite people overall. If you can, go on a weekday. Odds are good you won't have any trouble, but making better choices as to when to go helps out even more.
    And matinees are usually cheaper! ;)
    Sister likes this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Most theaters around here have "no weapons" signs, so I don't carry -- unless going to the one with no sign,

I just carry my pocket j frame (or LCR) and an extra speed strip.

Frankly, I'd say there is no need to be armed to the teeth when just going to a movie.

But if it makes you comfortable, go for it. You know your area and I don't.

Have a great time. That movie is on my list for next week.
    Last edited by cal44; October 4th, 2019 at 01:25 AM.
    Nmuskier and Fizban like this.

I am sorely tempted to ignore the signs but that would make me an outlaw (irony) so I don't.

Isn't it sad that we even have to have this conversation? But, that's what our world has become.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Senior Member Array CreedDryrot's Avatar
    If you feel you need an extreme load out to go to a movie, you might consider staying at home.

William Castle would be proud.
    Cypher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CreedDryrot View Post
    If you feel you need an extreme load out to go to a movie, you might consider staying at home.

William Castle would be proud.
    Extreme load out. Sounds like my EDC with only one pistol.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Cinemark here in town has a no guns sign. But it is not a legal 30.06 mandated sign.
    So i ignore it. Have carried in there for years, if they catch me they can ask me to leave and I will..
    I always carry in theaters. The only way out is in front past the shooter, no exits behind me.
    Sister and sparkyfender like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Extreme load out. Sounds like my EDC with only one pistol.
    Name:  bb.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  19.7 KB
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Cinemark here in town has a no guns sign. But it is not a legal 30.06 mandated sign.
    So i ignore it...
    What does 30.06 mean?

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    My local theater used to allow concealed carry. Then, the open carry law went into effect. The theater immediately put up 30.06 and 30.07 (Texas statutes prohibiting concealed carry and open carry, respectively.) My wife and I used to go see a movie once or twice a month. We don't see many movies at the theater any more. It's not that I really expect anything would happen, but I hate being in gun free zones.
    KILTED COWBOY and SpringerXD like this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OakBluff View Post
    What does 30.06 mean?
    In Texas for a sign to have force of law it has to be a certain size, verbiage, and font.
    30.06 is law for conceal carry
    30.07 is for open carry.
    Places can out out of one, the other or both
    ETXhiker likes this.

I think in Florida, all those signs have no legal standing, other than they can ask you to leave. That would include movie theaters.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links