Qualification Course Semi-Finals Round 2

This is a discussion on Qualification Course Semi-Finals Round 2 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For all of you who are interested. Howard...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By hrfunk
  • 1 Post By sammeow
  • 1 Post By hrfunk
  • 2 Post By sgb
  • 2 Post By Bigsteve113

Thread: Qualification Course Semi-Finals Round 2

For all of you who are interested.

Howard

Thanks Howard, always enjoy your videos.
    hrfunk likes this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Very thoroughly analyzed.

While you're at it, have you considered throwing in some of the differing federal law enforcement firearms training qualification courses? FBI, Air Marshal, DEA...
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Very thoroughly analyzed.

While you're at it, have you considered throwing in some of the differing federal law enforcement firearms training qualification courses? FBI, Air Marshal, DEA...
    Yes I have. This current project is taking up a lot of time, but once it's done I would like to do some follow-up videos. One of my ideas is to compare whichever state course I pick as the best in the country against the various federal LE courses. I've also had some of my international viewers ask me about comparing their LE and military courses against ours here in the US. That sounds fun (and somewhat exhausting!). So stay tuned!

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by hrfunk View Post
    Yes I have. This current project is taking up a lot of time, but once it's done I would like to do some follow-up videos. One of my ideas is to compare whichever state course I pick as the best in the country against the various federal LE courses. I've also had some of my international viewers ask me about comparing their LE and military courses against ours here in the US. That sounds fun (and somewhat exhausting!). So stay tuned!
    I will!

In the meantime, here's a link to the FBI's and U.S. Air Marshall's qualification Courses of Fire.
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

sgb
    Government " qualification " courses are generally static range tests of arbitrary standards derived by bureaucrats without a real understanding what skills Officers need to learn. These penny pinching desk trolls have no concept of what dynamic training and qualification should really be in place.
    Bad Bob and Chaplain Scott like this.
    " It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it, but if you have to play ..... play to WIN!!!"
    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Government " qualification " courses are generally static range tests of arbitrary standards derived by bureaucrats without a real understanding what skills Officers need to learn. These penny pinching desk trolls have no concept of what dynamic training and qualification should really be in place.
    Qualification is not training. It is the minimum standard.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    qualification courses, as Bad Bob stated, set a minimum standard which you are required to pass in order to carry a weapon on duty.

The REAL reason qualification courses exist is to cover the Agency's legal rear-end in the event of a bad or unpopular shoot by one of their employees ("Well, he passed our State/Federal Firearms qualification course.

Real TRAINING is often left up to the individual to acquire and maintain on their own time and own pocketbook.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Hahahaha …… the 1911 and the S&W Model 19, excellent ! We're showing our age guys !!!!!
    hrfunk and G-man* like this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Sponsored Links