SIG Customer Service

SIG Customer Service

This is a discussion on SIG Customer Service within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So after many thousands of rounds, my Sig 938 began to experience hammer fall. I called Sig, they sent me a FedEx mailing label, and ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: SIG Customer Service

Distinguished Member Array Gaius's Avatar

SIG Customer Service

So after many thousands of rounds, my Sig 938 began to experience hammer fall. I called Sig, they sent me a FedEx mailing label, and off it went to Sig for repair. Here's the remarkable part. They received the gun Friday morning, repaired it, and sent it back to me that same Friday afternoon. That's same day turnaround. Virtually unheard of. They replaced the sear, sear spring, pivot pin, and hammer. All at no charge to me. My compliments to Sig and Matt from their CS. There is a reason why Sig is considered by many to be the best in the business.
    --Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up." --Wyatt Earp

--If you’re carrying a gun for self-defense, don’t practice like a target shooter. Practice like a gunfighter.

--Always be nice until it's time not to be nice.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Good for you!
    I like my Sig's
    I have not yet had to used their customer service department.
    Hope that is their normal and not an exception

Good to hear about the great service experience. To be honest I have heard more negative feedback than positive but maybe that is changing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I bought a P365 a few weeks ago and had feed problems the first time I shot. They had mine for 26 HOURS! I am so P'O'd that it took them so long to fix it!!!

Kidding of course. This was my first go with any Sig and frankly expected it to take weeks. To top it all off, they actually fixed it to! I was of course initially disappointed but this response made a huge difference.
    KILTED COWBOY, DZUS and MMinSC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    Good to hear about the great service experience. To be honest I have heard more negative feedback than positive but maybe that is changing.
    Rarely does some one post positive experiences. Mush more likely to post a *****.
    MMinSC likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I've had excellent support from SIG as well. Bought a Police Trade In that had an issue and they sent me the parts no questions asked. Fortunately I have had no other issues that required me to contact SIG. Both S&W and Ruger have also been absolutely outstanding in their CS in my personal experience.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Sigs are the cream of the crop. Their technicians are like the Maytag repairman, they ain't got much to do.

Im impressed you've actually gone through thousands of rounds with a 938.

Distinguished Member Array Gaius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
    The only thing to note is that I changed recoil spring about every 1200 to 1500 rounds. Grease on rails. Runs great.
    Nix likes this.
    --Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up." --Wyatt Earp

--If you’re carrying a gun for self-defense, don’t practice like a target shooter. Practice like a gunfighter.

--Always be nice until it's time not to be nice.

Sadly, my one experience with Sig customer service was not good. I had a P290RS that occasionally had light primer strikes. I called them and sent it in. A month went by with no word. I called them. Customer Service could confirm they got the gun when they should have gotten it, but they could not get an estimate of when it would be worked on. I called two weeks later, same answer. Finally after they had it for two months, I got a notice that it was on it's way back. I got it and there was a note that they found no problems with it, but they replaced the hammer spring anyway. The performance did not change. I decided I could not trust the gun, so I traded it.

Being mostly a revolver guy, I admit wheelguns can have problems. But one problem I have never encountered with a revolver is its ability to set off a primer. I have also never encountered that with 1911s. But I have encountered that problem on three different small autos, this Sig, an S&W Bodyguard and a Sig P365. I am getting wary of small autos and I think Sig is getting out of its "swim lane" with some of their new designs. Just MHO.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array FLSlim's Avatar
    Good to hear! I've only had a couple of dealings with SIG CS (one the infamous P320 voluntary recall), but both have been positive. They were attentive to the issue at hand and had a fast turnaround (but not as fast as the OP's!).
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Kahr did the exact same thing for me...same day fix and get in the mail back.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
    Why? It is a pretty soft shooter and very accurate despite the diminutive size. Not like my LCP or anything. I'm past 4k rounds in my 938 but that is for a 6+year time period. If I didn't enjoy shooting it, I wouldn't carry it so much either.
    G26Raven and Gaius like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

I have had them work on two pistols in their custom shop. I had "action enhancements" done on both and installation of their X-Ray sights. Both jobs were done in under two weeks. Not cheap, but they do good work.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    Kahr did the exact same thing for me...same day fix and get in the mail back.

Hk did the exact same thing for me. (for my p2000sk)

It appears Ruger may not be the only one with 1st rate customer service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links