Concealed Carry Mistake! - Page 3

Concealed Carry Mistake!

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Mistake! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AzQkr And if the ND's actually only amount to 2K, then that's well within the .0034 you're speaking to at .002. As ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry Mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    And if the ND's actually only amount to 2K, then that's well within the .0034 you're speaking to at .002. As I only guessed, and guessed high, it may well be within safety experts criteria. Still an insignificant number.
    Well you can make anything significant or insignificant if you make up the numbers out of thin air (aka "guess"). That is not at all what I'm talking about.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    It is amazing how much time we spend speculating over a very short, uninformative article about a guy who manages somehow to have GSW in his leg.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Well you can make anything significant or insignificant if you make up the numbers out of thin air (aka "guess"). That is not at all what I'm talking about.
    What we're talking about is ND with striker fired pistols. I don't believe numbers of ND's with striker fired guns is even recorded anywhere, so one would have to guess. BUT, some people, like yourself, who carry a revo with a long heavy DA trigger pull seem to portray ND's with striker fired guns as abnormally high. When compared to revolvers, that may be true.

People do NOT have ND's because they are carrying striker fired pistols. They have ND's because, well, they were negligent or handled the gun improperly. The wild card in all this isn't the ignition system of any firearm, it's the carrier. To suggest otherwise [ it's the ignition system not the shooter ] seems odd.

IMO, there's more numb nuts carrying guns than there are people who've mastered a pistol. It's their right to be a numb nut and carry a pistol, the two don't make very good bed fellows.
    Mike1956 and ETXhiker like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    It is amazing how much time we spend speculating over a very short, uninformative article about a guy who manages somehow to have GSW in his leg.
    "We"???
    AzQkr and SAXDM9 like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Revolver with a HAIRless TRIGGER is my GUESS!!!!!!!

Regardless of the buts, caveats and disclaimers, the number of scenarios that result in an AD/ND with the typical safetyless striker gun is significantly higher than a DA gun or safety locked gun. It's not really open to discussion- 3/8 inch of deflection at 5 lb is easier to occur than 3/4 inch at 10 lb. Sure, training and holster selection can help to mitigate that risk, but Mr. Murphy will find a way, so why make his job easier? You may consider yourself Mr. Tier 1 Superoperator with your striker gun (until you aren't), but the Average Joe is probably better served with a true DAO that he can shove into a Uncle Mike's pocket holster. I would surmise that that the rate AD/ND amongst carriers is similar to the rate of actually discharging a concealed weapon in a true encounter.
    Grizzly2 and forester58 like this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

What is significant? The fact that they already call it Glock leg means it is a reoccurring problem. I've always loved good triggers and have had a few of my firearms worked on. But when it came time for a carry gun, I chose safety and went dao with a Sig P250. I also chose the Ruger LCP Custom over their new LCP2 because of the trigger along with a revolver. I would have loved to have bought one of the many striker fires weapons, but simply chose not to.

We can minimize the problem by calling it negligent instead of accidental, and most times that is exactly what it is, but when you take into account than there may be a situation out there where that lighter trigger may go off unintentionally, I just don't want to carry that design.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly2 View Post
    What is significant? The fact that they already call it Glock leg means it is a reoccurring problem. I've always loved good triggers and have had a few of my firearms worked on. But when it came time for a carry gun, I chose safety and went dao with a Sig P250. I also chose the Ruger LCP Custom over their new LCP2 because of the trigger along with a revolver. I would have loved to have bought one of the many striker fires weapons, but simply chose not to.

We can minimize the problem by calling it negligent instead of accidental, and most times that is exactly what it is, but when you take into account than there may be a situation out there where that lighter trigger may go off unintentionally, I just don't want to carry that design.
    I'll put Glock leg in the same catagory as cop killer bullets, Saturday Night Specials, military-grade civilian assault weapons, common-sense gun restrictions, gun show loopholes, and a myriad of other examples of loaded language.

Quote Originally Posted by bill35738 View Post
    Revolver with a HAIRless TRIGGER is my GUESS!!!!!!!
    What???

So you think he cocked a DA or SA revolver and then had the ND, or was he carrying a revolver with the hammer cocked all along?
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    "We"???
    I was trying to be tactful.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    I was trying to be tactful.
    Ahh, yes, tact. One of my strong suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'll put Glock leg in the same catagory as cop killer bullets, Saturday Night Specials, military-grade civilian assault weapons, common-sense gun restrictions, gun show loopholes, and a myriad of other examples of loaded language.
    Maybe so, but it takes less words to say Glock leg and most know generally what it means.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly2 View Post
    Maybe so, but it takes less words to say Glock leg and most know what it means.
    Glock leg, like a unicorn, is something I know the meaning of but have yet to see first hand.
    AzQkr likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    I don't know the whole story but I was at the same mall today carrying concealed.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...7-27b6c2421881
    Neither do any of the rest of us, but here we are, three pages later.
    Terry 2.0 likes this.

Rather it was a Glock or not....I still chuckle when Glock leg is mentioned and the thread takes off from there
    Struckat likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links