Do you mark yourself as a concealed carrier? - Page 5

Do you mark yourself as a concealed carrier?

This is a discussion on Do you mark yourself as a concealed carrier? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When in Rome be a Roman applies, with that said blend in thus don't draw attention to yourself....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Thread: Do you mark yourself as a concealed carrier?

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    When in Rome be a Roman applies, with that said blend in thus don't draw attention to yourself.
    deadguy, 1gunsnowbird and M1911A1 like this.

VIP Member
    I appreciate everyone's input in this thread. Although it wasn't about printing, some good information was shared about that topic. Topic evolution can be a good thing.

I don't go through my day looking for other carriers, nor do I spend much time worried about whether or not anyone can tell if I am carrying. I am confident in my weapon of choice and how and where I carry it, knowing it is concealed from the general public. Many of you pointed out that others are too busy in their own daily activities to notice something as minor as a bulge under our clothing. This is truth. In addition, they won't notice that my attention is focused on those around me just as much as it is on my own activities. However, other carriers tend to know what to look for, and my observations a few days ago went beyond the typical clothing, printing, or hand signs.

We concealed carriers are a minority, but our numbers are growing. This can only lead to more people being acutely aware of their surroundings and the actions of others in them, I hope.
    OD*, G-man* and 1gunsnowbird like this.
    May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    We concealed carriers are a minority, but our numbers are growing.
    Compared to what? Individual gun ownership is down. While permit numbers are up, actual daily carry rates per capita are down to 1 in 85.

That's not very high.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Compared to what? Individual gun ownership is down. While permit numbers are up, actual daily carry rates per capita are down to 1 in 85.

That's not very high.
    Compared to non concealed carriers. Record numbers of guns are being sold in the US. Don't assume the 1 in 85 number is correct. Many people will not admit they carry just because they were asked randomly. I am one of them.
    OD* and G-man* like this.

- those who dont CC are oblivious to those who do
    - those who do CC should not care if anyone else CCs because, so what.

- before I cced it was never on my mind
    - after I cced I just assume ANYONE could have a gun ANYWHERE on them and simply forget about it... remember its not the gun who commits crime, its the person, so the same rules as always apply: be aware of shady characters/behaviors/places/things... that applies to CC or noCC

:)

I went to a job interview at focus on the family one morning When I walked into the building a young guy approached me and asked me if there was anything he could do to help me.

I turned around to ask the guy where do I find office 101 or whatever the office number was. The first thing I noticed when I turned around is that he was wearing a rigger belt and then I saw those stupid clips on the outside of the belt.

The job I was applying for happened to be armed security and during the interview I asked if I was going to be wearing a uniform like the security guard who approached me when I walked through the door.

They were very curious as to how I knew the guy was a security guard and I told them.

I didn't get the job
    Last edited by Cypher; October 24th, 2019 at 11:55 AM.

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    To touch back to Deadguy's original post, you are talking about watching for patterns of behavior that stand out from "normal" circumstances. I would venture that in "normal" society what we see are the vast majority of people going about life while being completely oblivious to their actual surroundings. In other words, their situational awareness is at a white or zero level. Just think about what we see in a normal grocery store...the ebb and flow of people are pushing their carts, looking for where the next thing on their list is, talking on their phones.

Drop into that mix of humanity two kinds of people.....one kind are the folks looking to score some elderly woman's wallet as she bends down to get the jug of milk (happened to my wife, only it was a pair of Beaver Fur mittens in Anchorage). Those scumbags are going to NOT be looking for groceries, but scanning the crowd, maybe pushing a cart with a couple of items, but they are not looking for food items as they are watching the crowd looking for opportunities. That pattern behavior SHOULD stand out. But again, most folks are oblivious.

The other folks are those that probably include many of us: Concealed carriers aware, off-duty Cops and Veterans who likely have Combat Arms backgrounds. We still have a list of stuff that we need to get BUT, we also are not completely oblivious to our surroundings. We have our list, but still scan around us, trying to be more aware. That is also a pattern of behavior that will stand out from the mass of sheep getting their Almond milk and organic vegetables.
    deadguy and 1gunsnowbird like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member
    You were in a crowd where "There were warnings that trouble could pop up,"

I don't know the crowd or the warnings...but, wouldn't it be a good idea to leave?
    Cypher and 1gunsnowbird like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post

I don't know the crowd or the warnings...but, wouldn't it be a good idea to leave?

Senior Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    If I read the OP correctly, it sounds like he marked himself as a concealed carrier.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

VIP Member

Ha. If only it were that simple.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    If I read the OP correctly, it sounds like he marked himself as a concealed carrier.
    This was the point of the thread. Seeing what others do, and wondering if I do the same.
    OD* and rx7sig like this.

Distinguished Member
    What's so difficult?

VIP Member
    What's so difficult?
    About what?

VIP Member
    Interesting article that somewhat goes along with topic.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/o...sWLQCE3LFOaD9w

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links