Do you carry 2 guns? - Page 4

Do you carry 2 guns?

This is a discussion on Do you carry 2 guns? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I often have 2 guns on me. I always at least have a second gun accessible to me if I'm only carrying one. So, what ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Do you carry 2 guns?

I often have 2 guns on me. I always at least have a second gun accessible to me if I'm only carrying one. So, what I'm trying to say I reckon, is that I never leave home with just one.
    OD*, OldChap, ETXhiker and 3 others like this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    I usually just carry one of my 9mm's or a .45 Shield IWB. But now that cold weather is here, I am thinking it might be an easy thing to add the 642 or LCP to my weak side jacket pocket, in case my right hand was tied up.
    OD*, Wavygravy, Haywood and 1 others like this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

When I’m in the mood I’ll carry 2 guns. These days I’m rarely in the mood. My first 5 years of carrying or so I did carry 2 guns “sometimes”.
    Sister likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    My daily carry. Quite often I have to visit high crime area's, & it generally involves me having to carry large amounts of money.

Attachment 305044
    He’s not messing around about this! We know this man, I’ve never seen so many guns on one person that wasn’t going to war!
    Only way to win with him is to push him overboard cause he’d certainly sink with all those! 😉
    Pete63 and OD* like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

Quote Originally Posted by KevinRohrer View Post
    Short answer: No. There is no reason to do so.

Should we start a “Go fund me” so you can buy a second one?

[friend, that’s a terrible answer on a gun forum, just say’in]
    Pete63 and OD* like this.

This thread has shocked me, had no idea so many only carried one? I’m retired and home most of the time and on any given day I can get my hands on enough to fry a group of zombies a few times around within less than 3 minutes.
    Pete63, OD* and Haywood like this.

My son gives me crap all the time because most of the time I have two guns on me!
    OD*, Sister, Haywood and 1 others like this.

Nope only extra magazines.
    KevinRohrer likes this.
    S&W-40VE
    M&P 40 Shield
    Ruger 9E 9X19mm

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Should we start a “Go fund me” so you can buy a second one?

[friend, that’s a terrible answer on a gun forum, just say’in]
    No, unlike too many people here, I do not fantasize being John McClain trying to retake the Nakatomi building from Hans Gruber. My response is realistic, but you are welcome to convince me otherwise.
    Wavygravy likes this.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Naw! I mostly just carry the piece on me with extra mags. However, I have and do occasionally toss an extra piece with extra mags in my "go bag" on long trips down to N.C. or throughout VA. Never know what you may encounter on the highway or pits stop in various towns.
    OD* and Pete63 like this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    I sometimes carry two, the Glock IWB and the snubnose in a jacket pocket. Options, I like options. I really like having a snubby in a jacket pocket, it allows me to "draw" without having been seen to draw, hands in jacket pockets ready to rock if need be. It came in useful a couple of years ago when a dirtbag attempted to rob my wife and myself in a downtown Denver parking lot. Why bother with the Glock at all? I shoot it better so if I'm in a situation where I have time for the draw, it's my weapon of choice.
    forester58 and Haywood like this.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member

Sometimes, not often.

I always have a gun on my belt, be it a revolver or semi auto. I will also at times have an Airweight snub in my pocket or a S&W 3913 cross draw.
    Haywood likes this.

Short answer: No. There is no reason to do so.
    No, unlike too many people here, I do not fantasize being John McClain trying to retake the Nakatomi building from Hans Gruber. My response is realistic, but you are welcome to convince me otherwise.

I'll not try you convince you of anything.
    I will address the inaccurate comment / perception.
    Two reasons I carry a 2nd gun in weak hand front pocket:
    - I can put my hand on it without revealing I'm carrying, which I can't do with the pistol thats IWB.
    - I can draw it quickly with my non-dominant (left) hand, should my dominant hand be unavailable; IWB 3:00 on right side aint quick to access with left hand.
    Haywood, Pete63 and OD* like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I'll not try you convince you of anything.
    I will address the inaccurate comment / perception.
    Two reasons I carry a 2nd gun in weak hand front pocket:
    - I can put my hand on it without revealing I'm carrying, which I can't do with the pistol thats IWB.
    - I can draw it quickly with my non-dominant (left) hand, should my dominant hand be unavailable; IWB 3:00 on right side aint quick to access with left hand.
    Please let us know when you need to carry two guns because you have to use them.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

Please let us know when you need to carry two guns because you have to use them.
    Who knows (maybe God?) if I'll ever "need" to defend myself, hope never.

I've been carrying concealed since 1992 and not once "needed" a bullet for SD.
    MY EDC is a Glock 23 + spare mag + Shield 40 in weak hand front pocket.
    Live in a "bad area"? No.
    Anticipated threat? What? If I anticipated a threat I would not go wherever.
    Do I "need" "all that"? Haven't yet. Its about what I would prefer in my hand (that is easily concealed) if I had to defend myself and options.
    Glock 23 meets my criteria of a concealable pistol that I would prefer in hand (over something "lesser") if I had to defend myself.
    Shield 40 in weak hand front pocket is my 2nd option™
    As already stated option to put my hand on it without revealing I'm carrying and option to quickly access pistol if my dominant hand is unavailable.
    I'm gonna keep carrying "all that" and hope to heck I never "need" any of it.

My reply is (still) not trying to convince you or anyone else, its only a response.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links