Do you carry 2 guns? - Page 5

Do you carry 2 guns?

This is a discussion on Do you carry 2 guns? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by KevinRohrer Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post I'll not try you convince you of anything. I will address the inaccurate comment / ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Do you carry 2 guns?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinRohrer View Post
    Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I'll not try you convince you of anything.
    I will address the inaccurate comment / perception.
    Two reasons I carry a 2nd gun in weak hand front pocket:
    - I can put my hand on it without revealing I'm carrying, which I can't do with the pistol thats IWB.
    - I can draw it quickly with my non-dominant (left) hand, should my dominant hand be unavailable; IWB 3:00 on right side aint quick to access with left hand.
    Please let us know when you need to carry two guns because you have to use them.
    Even the most reliable mechanical things can malfunction. Sometimes the strong hand is being held onto or is cut/broken and can't draw just the one gun so having another available to the other hand makes sense.

With that in mind, and not speaking for CDW4ME, for me having a second gun comes down to that old saying....

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
    Pete63, Haywood, CDW4ME and 2 others like this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

When I lived where we had winters, I would carry a pocket gun in my coat... trying to get ti a belt holster when I was wearing winter coat and under-jacket and my normal cover shirt wouldn't be fast no matter how hard I tried... but keeping a baby version of my carry pistol or a 5-shot revolver in my coat pocket gave me a lot of reassurance in -10 degree weather.

At the time, I started out carrying an XD-40 Service, and the pocket gun was an XD-40 compact... after I got rid of the XD pistols, I was carrying a Glock in the belt and would throw either my Khar 9mm or an LCR 38 in my coat pocket. I felt paranoid doing it, until I walked around the corner and interrupted a conversation that a druggie was having with his imaginary friend... I didn't have to draw it, but I felt a lot better about life with my hand on the grip of that 38 with my finger ready to push the pocket holster off of it. There's no way I could have gotten to that belt holster in time if he'd gotten froggy.
    Haywood likes this.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Yes, NAA Pug in coin pocket. More of a second knife than gun..

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Sometimes I carry a Walther PP in .380 in my weak hand pocket, but not too often. I'm a lefty.
    Sarge 80 1976-1983 US Air Force

Yes, sometimes, but when I do they're both J-Frame S&Ws.
    forester58 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Even the most reliable mechanical things can malfunction.
    That's the way I feel about single-engine jet fighters. You have all the power in the world until you don't, at which point you have the glide ratio of a flat rock.

Sometimes the strong hand is being held onto or is cut/broken and can't draw just the one gun so having another available to the other hand makes sense.

With that in mind, and not speaking for CDW4ME, for me having a second gun comes down to that old saying....

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
    Excellent point, and I'm looking for a replacement for my old Walther PPK/S I gave to my father in the late 1990s. Very nice gun, and one day I'll get it back, but I am in no hurry for that day to arrive.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links