First Concealed Carry Gun! - Page 5

First Concealed Carry Gun!

This is a discussion on First Concealed Carry Gun! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Willthewise1 Anyone know any good glock 26 magazine extension plus 2 I can buy? A Glock 19 is a +5 and ends ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: First Concealed Carry Gun!

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Willthewise1 View Post
    Anyone know any good glock 26 magazine extension plus 2 I can buy?
    A Glock 19 is a +5 and ends up being about the same size.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Out of your written choices I would buy the M&P Shield without hesitation.. Super reliable, not as big and bulky as the Glocks for carry,shoots very well, accurate, eats any kind of ammo , easy to break down and clean, always runs flawlessly, daily carry and range proven by many members here, and cheap to buy.. Highly regarded by owners, sellers, and reviewers since they first came out. I have an original, and there is NO need for a 2.0 in my book. Its just a great gun all around. I no longer carry mine, but it IS the gun I keep at the ready at home, cocked and locked, mainly because its my most dependable semi auto pistol...bob
    Wavygravy, Kenny53 and Rotorflyr like this.

Have a Shield find it very concealable and easy to shoot. I just picked up the 4 compact and putting it through the paces. Will carry that in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Willthewise1 View Post
    Anyone know any good glock 26 magazine extension plus 2 I can buy?
    Here you go. You can probably find it on Amazon or eBay for under $10. Buy a NEW one.

https://www.pearcegrip.com/Products#GLOCK GEN 5

Glock 26 Gen 5 is an excellent choice. If you end up like many of us here, you'll have more before long. I currently rotate my carry between a (in order of size) Sig M11-A1, Walther PPS M2, Sig P365, and a S&W 340PD .357 Magnum Air Lite Revolver. The P365 is my main carry gun. The M11-A1 is my bedside and heavy coat wearing weather pistol, the PPS M2 is ...just a good shooter and I like it, and the 340 PD is a handful of dynamite that is hard to shoot (much, anyway) and easy to carry at 14 oz loaded.

If you are interested in leather holsters, a good basic, but well made holster is from Home | UBG Holsters, he makes both IWB and OWB for the 26 . I'd recommend the CANUTE for IWB and the RTBA Pancake Holster for OWB. These are both quality holsters that will carry the 26 in style, comfort, and security. His prices start at $65 and he gives forum members a discount with coupon code "Defensive Carry" at checkout. He also makes fine belts and mag holders; don't forget a mag holder! As far as belts go, the stiffness of the belt is most important when carrying OWB. The UBG belt is a good one, especially for the money. You may as well realize you will probably want more than one holster/way to carry. Example, I have a holster for AIWB, IWB, and OWB in leather for each carry gun plus at least one Kydex for AIWB and IWB for each. I use the Kydex for quick on/off capabilities and to store my pistols in in order to protect the finish. Do NOT store them in a leather holster, they WILL rust/Corrode. My go-to in Kydex is Vedder Holsters. I like the adjustability and quality. Plus, they ship fast and are fairly priced.

Oh...almost forgot. Get a nice big empty box. Again, like many of us, you will need it for all the holsters, pouches, and so on you'll end up with. I have been carrying for many years and have...lemme see here...a lot! (Like 28 or 29 holsters I think).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links