Concealed carry permit numbers climbing - Page 2

Concealed carry permit numbers climbing

This is a discussion on Concealed carry permit numbers climbing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet The issues in CA far exceed any CCW issues. It's more a sum of the issues that reflect the negative images ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Concealed carry permit numbers climbing

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The issues in CA far exceed any CCW issues. It's more a sum of the issues that reflect the negative images of the state.
    No argument on that - but Starlights is one positive voice out there.
    NRA Life Member - U.S. Navy '68 - '72

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    The numbers may be rising, but CCWers are still a tiny minority of the entire, adult population. I think it is a shame that % is nowhere close to 50%.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Terry 2.0 View Post
    Kudos to you Starlight for being proactive and working to correct wrongs instead of grousing about the situation and leaving California!

Keep it up. You have my support.

- why thank you Terry!
    - I've been trying to spread the word on this forum
    - people knock ca like the whole state is San Francisco

- 60% of the state is red
    - the sheriffs in these areas are pro 2a and issue CCWs to any resident of good moral character

- there are LOTS of people trying here...and not simply running away..
    - the changes in San Diego are a prime example of positive change

- example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CAguns/comm..._diego_county/

Terry 2.0 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The issues in CA far exceed any CCW issues. It's more a sum of the issues that reflect the negative images of the state.

- no
    - it's the sum of the ignoramuses who are unfamiliar with CA, and believe whatever the mass-media serves them, who have been programmed to think California is LosFransicgels

Concealed Weapons Permits Increasing In San Diego County
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Terry 2.0 and Chaplain Scott like this.

and..

LISTEN to what the Sheriff says, she represents the MAJORITY of public opinion in CA. The REAL CA the mass-media doesnt show you:

Terry 2.0 and since9 like this.

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starlights View Post
    and..

LISTEN to what the Sheriff says, she represents the MAJORITY of public opinion in CA. The REAL CA the mass-media doesnt show you:
    Unfortunately, that "Majority" doesn't vote, otherwise, Kalifornia wouldn't be spending itself to death or kicking the 2A to the curb.
    OD* and since9 like this.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

- no
    - it's the sum of the ignoramuses who are unfamiliar with CA, and believe whatever the mass-media serves them, who have been programmed to think California is LosFransicgels
    I believe my statement holds true. I don't consider the critics of CA as "ignoramuses" as you do. Maybe more observant of things, maybe.
    Last edited by OldVet; November 4th, 2019 at 01:50 PM.
    KILTED COWBOY, OD* and since9 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

- no
    No programing here amigo, born and raised California so my disdain is first hand experience only, not some "mass-media" you dreamed up. I have lived North,South, East and West California, big cities and small towns. I went to college there too so spare me the "you don't understand" crap because I know all too well about the state of that state.
    OD* likes this.

LISTEN to what the Sheriff says, she represents the MAJORITY of public opinion in CA. The REAL CA the mass-media doesnt show you...
    Smart lady. I used to live in Merced, just north of Fresno.

Terrible infringement going on in San Francisco. I sincerely hope the U.S. Supreme Court overturns their massive infringement.

As for your claim of "majority of public opinion," one of two things are happening:

1. The majority of Californians do not support the Second Amendment

2. The majority of Californians do support 2A but can't figure out who to vote for who would also support 2A.
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

- why thank you Terry!
    - I've been trying to spread the word on this forum
    - people knock ca like the whole state is San Francisco

- 60% of the state is red
    - the sheriffs in these areas are pro 2a and issue CCWs to any resident of good moral character

- there are LOTS of people trying here...and not simply running away..
    - the changes in San Diego are a prime example of positive change
    No doubt a great many people in California are true, red-blooded Americans, and I applaud you and them for fighting against the anti-American tyranny that has enveloped Sacramento, San Francisco, and other enclaves.

However, claiming "60% of the state is red" doesn't help your cause, particularly when California Voter Registration Statistics are available to everyone on the Secretary of State's website and they clearly show that as of February 10, 2019, only 23.6% of registers voters are Republican.

I'm assuming that's what you meant when you said, "red." Now, if you meant "not blue" i.e. "not Democratic," then the total of 56.9% is closer to your figure.

Concealed carry permit numbers climbing-california-secretary-state-voter-registration-statistics.jpg
    Terry 2.0 likes this.
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

Distinguished Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I am glad the permit numbers are getting up there. That makes it tougher for politicians to mess with CC. There are almost 20 million permits out there now. That number of votes can sway elections.
    The swaying won't come from the number of concealed carry permitees. The vast majority of those are going to be pro-gun Republican folks already. If any swaying is done, it will be from crossover folks.

More permits issued in California? Unless all those permits are going to Democrats who might change their votes, the number of permits doesn't mean a whole lot relative to voting.

The sad thing is that there will be a lot of democrats that get permits that won't vote republican because they don't think the democratic party can muster any sort of serious gun control efforts and they are more concerned about other issues that the democrats support.
    OldVet likes this.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinRohrer View Post
    Unfortunately, that "Majority" doesn't vote, otherwise, Kalifornia wouldn't be spending itself to death or kicking the 2A to the curb.
    - no
    - the majority DOES VOTE
    - but the votes 'count more' in high-rent cities such as SF, LA, and SD -- the same way NYC controls NY State despite the majority of the state being red

- I just showed you 2 videos of 2 sheriffs from 2 counties fighting for 2A... the MAJORITY of county sheriffs and their constituents feel the same way
    - the PROBLEM is the vast majority of people unfamiliar with CA believe the media hype and stereotype the entire state
    - I PROMISE YOU the state is more red and 2A friendly that you can imagine
    - lol the local gun store is even called "SECOND AMENDMENT SPORTS" out here:

https://2ndamendmentsports.com/palm-desert-home/

- what in the WORLD makes you think we don't support 2A out here?
    - Oh yeah: THE MEDIA! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    No programing here amigo, born and raised California so my disdain is first hand experience only, not some "mass-media" you dreamed up. I have lived North,South, East and West California, big cities and small towns. I went to college there too so spare me the "you don't understand" crap because I know all too well about the state of that state.

- this is the same as someone claiming to be from New York City while living in Wyoming.
    - I don't know why you disdain CA because you never said why
    - But I didn't run (easy way out)
    - Instead WE CALIFORNIANS who have STAYED HERE have been talking to our Sheriff's, talking to the community, being active in the community, and supporting 2A through actions other than 'running to Arizona'

- results? The title of this tread. Sheriffs in CA are starting to 'compete' (off the record of course) to see who can issue the most CCWs to please their constituents..
    - prolly wasnt like that when you were here
    - but guess who helped make those changes
    - the ones who stated in california and expressed thier 2a love to the county sheriffs...

:)
    Terry 2.0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    No doubt a great many people in California are true, red-blooded Americans, and I applaud you and them for fighting against the anti-American tyranny that has enveloped Sacramento, San Francisco, and other enclaves.

However, claiming "60% of the state is red" doesn't help your cause, particularly when California Voter Registration Statistics are available to everyone on the Secretary of State's website and they clearly show that as of February 10, 2019, only 23.6% of registers voters are Republican.

I'm assuming that's what you meant when you said, "red." Now, if you meant "not blue" i.e. "not Democratic," then the total of 56.9% is closer to your figure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	California Secretary of State Voter Registration Statistics.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	305782
    - no
    - this is what I mean:
    - argue if it's real or not... doesn't matter, its the reality the media doesn't show the masses

Terry 2.0 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links