On My Way To The Mall... - Page 12

On My Way To The Mall...

This is a discussion on On My Way To The Mall... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Wavygravy Open up a bit there, maybe -- "“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in ...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
Like Tree322Likes

Thread: On My Way To The Mall...

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    Open up a bit there, maybe -- "“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
    ― Isaac Asimov
    I was kidding...I figure you knew that
    Wavygravy likes this.

I’ve started carrying a little different load out lately and looked at things completely different. Realizing that you are in charge of your own, and your kids/wife personal protection and treating each outing as you being “on the job” as their protection detail, changed the way I respond to others, drive, stay off my phone as much in public, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OD*, Chaplain Scott and Rick McC. like this.

Statistics can turn on you. I got threatened for wearing a MAGA cap in a small town cafe just a few days ago. The guy mentioned his 9mm - didn't bother me at all that all I had was an SR22 but that's just me I guess. Fortunately didn't have to do any shooting because I sure wanted to finish my bisquits and gravy. Figured I had a right to even if the guy didn't like my headgear. I still eat there, still wear whatever hat I want to and still pack whichever gun suits my fancy at the time. And I guess it is okay if any Internet Cowboys ( not my term ) feel moved to provide me with some guidance ( Or Not ).

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nj709 View Post
    Statistics can turn on you. I got threatened for wearing a MAGA cap in a small town cafe just a few days ago. The guy mentioned his 9mm - didn't bother me at all that all I had was an SR22 but that's just me I guess. Fortunately didn't have to do any shooting because I sure wanted to finish my bisquits and gravy. Figured I had a right to even if the guy didn't like my headgear. I still eat there, still wear whatever hat I want to and still pack whichever gun suits my fancy at the time. And I guess it is okay if any Internet Cowboys ( not my term ) feel moved to provide me with some guidance ( Or Not ).
    So, this random guy threatened you over your MAGA hat, and insinuated he'd shoot you??? You probably didn't, but you should have called 911 right then and there. That kind of crap should NOT be tolerated. You could have finished your biscuits and gravy while waiting for the Brothers and Sisters in Blue to arrive.
    graydude and seeker_two like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

That would have been one option. I simply explained that a cap is a pretty dumb thing to get expressed to St. Peter over. He seemed to agree. Appreciate your thought.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nj709 View Post
    That would have been one option. I simply explained that a cap is a pretty dumb thing to get expressed to St. Peter over. He seemed to agree. Appreciate your thought.
    So you egged a guy on after he threatened to shoot you? Probably not your best work

Actually I would call it talking sense to him. And like like I said - there was an unfinished plate of bisquits & gravy to consider.

OP - I have unintentionally sidetracked things a bit. Sorry. The point I was trying to make is that - statistics aside - trouble can find you anytime, anywhere and be in any form. The best you can do is try to hit what is pitched to you. You felt uneasy about something and tried to do something positive about it. Good job IMO.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Sponsored Links