Deep concealment suggestions - Page 2

Deep concealment suggestions

This is a discussion on Deep concealment suggestions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JD I do a Glock 42 in a holster inside of a Smart Carry. I cold probably do a 43 or a ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Deep concealment suggestions

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I do a Glock 42 in a holster inside of a Smart Carry. I cold probably do a 43 or a Shield in the same fashion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Missed this response somehow. Thanks I'll look into them as well.
    JD and Rock and Glock like this.

One thing about deep concealment is the people you only casually come in contact with are easily fooled. but people you see and work with everyday are much harder.
    My mom's uncle wore suits that had a leather pocket sewn in. That stiffer pocket kept his gun from sliding over and making a clunk as he sat down on a hard chair. it kept the gun from being outlined through the pants pocket, and kept the gun from wearing a hole in the thin pocket material. That was before flatter semi auto pocket guns were common.
    Just stiffining the pocket will do the same, and allow you to pocket carry. That stiffining can be as simple as an iron on patch that wraps around the pocket. I have done this mostly to repair a pocket worn thin from carrying too many keys. But it works well to hide my J frame revolver that I pocket carry. I can pocket carry in "fairly" tight Wrangler jeans without the gun showing through. Good Luck. DR

SmartCarry will work well, especially with a small gun. I always pocket carry a P3AT and it's easy to have your hand on your gun and no one knows or even feels threatened.
    10thmtn, JD and RonM0710 like this.
    Glenn

FAS1 SAFE

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I've carried in the pulpit in church for many years without anyone ever knowing. This is my current list of ones that work best:

1) ComfortTac Bellyband holster - This one will conceal almost anything, but many times I carry a S&W Bodyguard 380 and 2 spare mags. I've also carried a Glock 30S and 1 spare mag. Draw is a little slow, so this is one of those "surprise I have a gun kind of options."

https://www.amazon.com/ComfortTac-Ul.../dp/B01ED1UP8I

2) I found this thing by accident. I was looking for a way to discreetly carry 2 spare mags. Then I discovered that it holds the LCP or BG 380, or even a Ruger LCR and looks like you're carrying a cell phone. Compared to other methods, it is easier to spot but offers a much faster draw.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) A small gun in a good shoulder holster under a button down tucked-in dress shirt is a great combination. One of the smaller 9mm's or 380's, will completely disappear.

4) Ankle holsters are good also, but as with the belly band, can be a bit slow to draw. I've had good luck with this model:

Sorry they're all from Amazon. Pennies count when you're retired.

FORGOT - I use pocket carry in the Desantis Nemesis which works with a few dress slacks without attracting Mae West. (You youngsters will have to look that up!) Most dress slacks print pretty bad that "something" is in your pocket. With the right pants, they are excellent as they allow you to actually have the gun in hand in concealment.
    Last edited by OldChap; November 11th, 2019 at 04:39 PM.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Dual LCPs in matching wallet holsters in front pockets. Thumb push offs make the draw easier.
    JD and OldChap like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Kel Tec P32 with a clip draw on the gun in a pocket holster with half a velcro dot sewn in the pocket and the other half glued to the holster keeps the holster in the pocket while the clip draw keeps the gun in the holster until needed.
    JD, forester58 and OldChap like this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

VIP Member
    I have successfully carried a Kahr CM9 in a Braid's wallet holster in strong side rear pocket of dress pants as well as the Kahr P380 in a DeSantis Superfly front pocket. The P380 won't look quite as "saggy", but the wallet carry looks like well, a wallet.

Deep concealment suggestions-3banupl.jpg
    Deep concealment suggestions-7tnci71.jpg
    Deep concealment suggestions-avjdmum.jpg
    ETXhiker likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    There are makers out there that make pretty slick shoulder holsters for small guns. We had a guy at our church that used to carry a .380 in a shoulder holster under a tucked in shirt, I could never tell.

If you bought a pair of really comfortable dressy Cowboy Boots (like the Justin Techno Crepe) you could probably successfully ankle carry in the shaft of the boot and nobody could tell. These boots are classly looking and SUPER comfortable.

https://www.justinboots.com/footwear...ns_tekno-crepe
    Ropers are great dress shoes and can hide a mouse gun really well.
    OldChap and Rock and Glock like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Senior Member Array entertainment72's Avatar
    LCP in your pocket.

If you get made carrying an LCP in your pocket you're concealing very poorly.
    1gunsnowbird likes this.

If you pocket carry much in slacks you'll need to reinforce your pockets.
    Before I retired I would have both front pockets replaced with denim then moved to canvas.
    dangerranger likes this.
    Monte

"I'll huff and I'll puff ...woah! Nice shotgun. Umm. Look at the time! Should have been home hours ago! Wife will be frantic. Nice meeting you. Bye, bye now!"

Distinguished Member
    The flat sided small pistols are some of the easiest for me to deep conceal. I don't use the belly bands or smart carry holsters, but have used ankle holsters, pocket holsters, and wallet holsters. All will work, it will be your comfortability with them that will make them work for you. I use the front pocket carry the most, followed by rear wallet and lastly ankle. I have Uncle George's Wallet holsters and several makers pocket holsters. I most often use either a DeSantis or El Paso pocket for an LCP II and Kahr CW380 for the most concealability.

El Paso Horsehide Pocket Holster with Ruger LCP I
    Deep concealment suggestions-ruger-lcp-i-w-leather-pocket-holster.jpg

Uncle George's Wallet Holster with Ruger LCP I
    Deep concealment suggestions-uncle-georges-wallet-holster.jpg

I pocket carry J-Frames. When I have had to wear light or dress pants I have used a belly band. Belly Bands are warm for me so I place mine below the belt and position the J-Frame in approximately the appendix area. I use this method if I have to tuck my shirt in.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    I'm sure I could put a small can in my pocket but I'm not a fan of sprays.
    What about a pepper gel?
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I do a Glock 42 in a holster inside of a Smart Carry. I cold probably do a 43 or a Shield in the same fashion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gonna second this one. A G42 or G43 in a Smart Carry. I pocket carry an LCP at work but also have a G43 in my jacket vest pocket that is totally concealed.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

I use a S&W BG in front pocket. I prefer the DA trigger for this carry mode.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links