Defensive Carry banner

Deep concealment suggestions

8K views 61 replies 41 participants last post by  jefcon1 
#1 ·
We've had 2 incidents at work recently.

The first one an employee left a "hit list" on the break room table. He was immediately fired but I've seen him on property after.

The second incident was a guest (I work at a resort) threatened to "shoot up the place". This happened 2 days ago and resort management did nothing. They didn't ask him to leave or even call the police. The fact that they did nothing disturbs me deeply. They obviously care more about guest reviews than employee safety.

I've never carried at work but I'm now very seriously considering it. The problem is, it's not allowed. It's immediate termination if they find out. I would need a concealment method that would absolutely never be exposed. It's not against the law, we don't have no gun signs it's just against company policy.

The only thing I can think of is a lcp or maybe shield in something like a 3 speed holster and wear it just below my belt.

It's an office setting so I wear a tucked in company polo shirt and dress pants. Can't change it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Don't just say find a new job. I'm currently looking but finding something that pays close to what I make isn't easy around here.

See less See more
#37 ·
This is a question that is occasionally asked. take a look in the archives. That said - its certainly a valid question and deserves a good answer..

Decades ago I worked in the investment/brokerage industry wearing suits all the time (except in the office). My normal carry setup at that time was either a PPK or Jframe in either pocket holster or Thunderwear, depending on slacks worn with that suit. It was definitely a no no and I could have been fired if discovered. I never was. During my tenure in that industry, a disgruntled customer went into a Merrill Lynch office not far from my (competitive broker) office and shot the broker and branch manager with a Smith .357 revolver. He was in the witness protection and had no disqualifications under his new identity. My concernes were definitely valid and verified my decision to carry.

Bottom line: slimline auto or Jframe size revolver in either pocket holster or Thunderwear/Smart Carry or good bellyband. Look at the Kahr line with their long DA triggers. its an extra layer of safety if desired.

#50 ·
Novarider: I think the Shield would do fine in Thunderwear/smart carry. Depends on your body type and how tight are your slacks. I used to wear pleated slacks with suits and it was ideal. Brooks Brothers was sad when I no longer needed suits.

#53 ·
A Ruger LCP is probably the smallest gun you could carry in a half-way decent caliber (.380acp) and conceals nicely with a DeSantis Nemeses G3 pocket holster. However, you can go even smaller then that with a Seecamp in .32acp although these may be hard to find and rather pricey if you can find one.

I know everyone knocks the NAA mini-revolvers but there is simply nothing else smaller you can carry within reason. You can get one chambered in .22Mag which is nothing to sneeze at. .22Mag has been shown to penetrate deeper in gel tests then some full size handgun calibers and can even penetrate some types of body armor.

It's not the best choice for sure but at least you'd have SOMETHING if the situation ever arises and it's highly unlikely anyone will ever notice such a small gun on you even if you are wearing thin dress pants or shorts.

#56 ·
A Ruger LCP is probably the smallest gun you could carry in a half-way decent caliber (.380acp) and conceals nicely with a DeSantis Nemeses G3 pocket holster. However, you can go even smaller then that with a Seecamp in .32acp although these may be hard to find and rather pricey if you can find one.
I carried an LCP for a bit, years back. Not a gun I could shoot for fun. I eventually concluded that it was a specialized item, for carry when nothing larger can be. Which is the original poster's need here.

I don't like the gun, but that's what I'd go to in his situation.

#54 ·
I carried at work for about 14 years with a 642 in my right front pocket. Business casual type dress, khaki pants tucked in shirt. No company policy one way or the other and no one ever said a thing to me. I changed jobs in the last year to a larger company. In the employee hand book they have a "no weapons" policy that is one sentence long.

I decided I was going to ignore that policy but move to something that made even less impression on my right front pocket. I went with a Beretta Pico .380 and have been very pleased. I bought an LCP to experiment with years ago only to go back to my snub after it developed reliability issues. So far the Pico has remained reliable, and no one has said a word to me about what I might be carrying in the last year.

It's a calculated risk, I work in what is billed as "the most dangerous city in the country" and I doubt I would be fired if someone found out.

#55 ·
OP: If you are intent on staying with a 9mm, consider the new Hellcat or the Sip P365 w/ manual safety. Both are small, compact but pack quite a payload. Even smaller are the single stack 9mm 1911 knock-offs like Kimber's micro-9.

If you are willing to lower your standards to .380, consider the Colt Mustang or the other imitations from Sig and Kimber. I gave a Colt Mustang to each of my daughters when they moved out.....and one for my wife. They are tiny. And while we tend to sneer at .380, I imagine that 4 or 5 good self-defense rounds of .380 delivered to the COM and belt buckle area might discourage folks intent on harming you.

#62 ·
I use an LCP in a Sticky holster front pocket. In jeans it works very well. For business casual it needs a heavier khakis material like Bill's Khakis to look natural.

My struggle with front pocket carry is that I've kept my car keys there for the last 35 years. I have to remind myself to put the keys in the other pocket.

Myself, I am going to try out one of the concealed carry undershirts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.