Deep concealment suggestions

This is a discussion on Deep concealment suggestions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We've had 2 incidents at work recently. The first one an employee left a "hit list" on the break room table. He was immediately fired ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Deep concealment suggestions

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar

We've had 2 incidents at work recently.

The first one an employee left a "hit list" on the break room table. He was immediately fired but I've seen him on property after.

The second incident was a guest (I work at a resort) threatened to "shoot up the place". This happened 2 days ago and resort management did nothing. They didn't ask him to leave or even call the police. The fact that they did nothing disturbs me deeply. They obviously care more about guest reviews than employee safety.

I've never carried at work but I'm now very seriously considering it. The problem is, it's not allowed. It's immediate termination if they find out. I would need a concealment method that would absolutely never be exposed. It's not against the law, we don't have no gun signs it's just against company policy.

The only thing I can think of is a lcp or maybe shield in something like a 3 speed holster and wear it just below my belt.

It's an office setting so I wear a tucked in company polo shirt and dress pants. Can't change it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Don't just say find a new job. I'm currently looking but finding something that pays close to what I make isn't easy around here.
    GpTom likes this.

flh
    When I had a Ruger LCP I had a wallet size holster for it and carried it in my strong side back pocket .

Something very similar to this one .
    Attached Images  

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    We've had 2 incidents at work recently.

The first one an employee left a "hit list" on the break room table. He was immediately fired but I've seen him on property after.

The second incident was a guest (I work at a resort) threatened to "shoot up the place". This happened 2 days ago and resort management did nothing. They didn't ask him to leave or even call the police. The fact that they did nothing disturbs me deeply. They obviously care more about guest reviews than employee safety.

I've never carried at work but I'm now very seriously considering it. The problem is, it's not allowed. It's immediate termination if they find out. I would need a concealment method that would absolutely never be exposed. It's not against the law, we don't have no gun signs it's just against company policy.

The only thing I can think of is a lcp or maybe shield in something like a 3 speed holster and wear it just below my belt.

It's an office setting so I wear a tucked in company polo shirt and dress pants. Can't change it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Don't just say find a new job. I'm currently looking but finding something that pays close to what I make isn't easy around here.
    Tucked in makes it a bit tougher. I go .380 in front pants pocket with a wallet-looking holster when I'm faced with similar circumstances.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I don't do ankle holsters, but that might be what you're looking for.

Speaking from experience, pocket guns and dress slacks don't play together so well. When you sit down, the small gun and holster like to come out of the large slippery pockets. YMMV.
    OldChap and thechriskarel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    I don't do ankle holsters, but that might be what you're looking for.

Speaking from experience, pocket guns and dress slacks don't play together so well. When you sit down, the small gun and holster like to come out of the large slippery pockets. YMMV.
    Ankle carry is out due to the way I sit and because I have an open desk to the main lobby.

I hand the same concerns about pocket carry as you.

When I must do really deep concealment, I use Ruger LCP with a Recluse wallet holster in strong side back pocket. Really works for me.

Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    There are makers out there that make pretty slick shoulder holsters for small guns. We had a guy at our church that used to carry a .380 in a shoulder holster under a tucked in shirt, I could never tell.

If you bought a pair of really comfortable dressy Cowboy Boots (like the Justin Techno Crepe) you could probably successfully ankle carry in the shaft of the boot and nobody could tell. These boots are classly looking and SUPER comfortable.

https://www.justinboots.com/footwear...ns_tekno-crepe
    OldChap likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

JD
    Administrator
    I do a Glock 42 in a holster inside of a Smart Carry. I cold probably do a 43 or a Shield in the same fashion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've worn the Kangaroo holster which goes under my shirt at times when I needed deep concealment. It requires a bit of practice to use it effectively. In addition, since it is worn against your skin, you probably would want more than one so you had one to wash when the weather is warm.

The draw is not the fastest, so again, practice is required.

The one shown in the photo is a larger one, but they make them in a variety of sizes.

Name:  product-standard3-holster-hover_large.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  13.3 KB

https://www.kangaroocarry.com/collec...n-gun-holsters
    OldChap, Mike1956 and Rabbit212 like this.
    Force yourself to be uncomfortable.

While I would not want to get into a "gun fight" with one of these, but it does beat pointing your finger and saying "stop that".

https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-22lr/

North American Arms 22 LR revolver

Wrapped in a men's handkerchief it will disappear in your back pocket.

I'd also recommend a good defensive lock blade knife, and get training on how to use it. A good friend of mine is a retired Seal Team member and that is all he carries.

I suspect your work rules do not prohibit knifes, as they are used by most maintenance staff in their work.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Distinguished Member
    When I need to carry with a tucked shirt I use a belly band. About $10.
    OldChap, 1gunsnowbird and Haywood like this.
    I know little on the subject so I'll speak at length.

If you have an excuse for failure, you will.

JD
    Administrator
    Is it just guns that are prohibited? Good high % OC spray permitted?

I have an occasional need for deep carry. I use a DTOM (Don't Tread On Me) Possum crotch holster with a .380 Bodyguard (shown below with an LCP). It is similar to a Smart Carry. It rides inside the pants, under the belt. It does not show a bulge at all with loose fitting khaki pants. It is very comfortable, I hardly know I have it on, standing or sitting. It does not interfere with restroom use. I can't see how anyone would ever know you had it on. One thing about "crotch carry" is that is an area people avoid staring at. The draw would not be super fast, but if you have both hands free, it is not all that bad. You do have to experiment to get the right tension on the strap. It is more comfortable if you let it ride slightly lower than you first think would be good. The waist/belt of your pants keeps it really secure. It ain't goin' nowhere accidentally.

Name:  41tLC0qJrxL.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  25.1 KB

https://smile.amazon.com/Medium-Deni...ef_=ast_bbp_dp
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I have an occasional need for deep carry. I use a DTOM (Don't Tread On Me) Possum crotch holster with a .380 Bodyguard (shown below with an LCP). It is similar to a Smart Carry. It rides inside the pants, under the belt. It does not show a bulge at all with loose fitting khaki pants. It is very comfortable, I hardly know I have it on, standing or sitting. It does not interfere with restroom use. I can't see how anyone would ever know you had it on. One thing about "crotch carry" is that is an area people avoid staring at. The draw would not be super fast, but if you have both hands free, it is not all that bad. You do have to experiment to get the right tension on the strap. It is more comfortable if you let it ride slightly lower than you first think would be good. The waist/belt of your pants keeps it really secure. It ain't goin' nowhere accidentally.

Name:  41tLC0qJrxL.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  25.1 KB

https://smile.amazon.com/Medium-Deni...ef_=ast_bbp_dp
    This is very similar to the 3speed holster I was thinking about but cheaper. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Is it just guns that are prohibited? Good high % OC spray permitted?

I'm sure I could put a small can in my pocket but I'm not a fan of sprays.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links