Full size handgun printing - Page 2

Full size handgun printing

This is a discussion on Full size handgun printing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thank you for the suggestions. My statement of “best deal” has nothing to do with reliability as all of these guns imo are proven reliable. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Full size handgun printing

Thank you for the suggestions. My statement of “best deal” has nothing to do with reliability as all of these guns imo are proven reliable. The Springfield comes with $100 in extras for the same price as the m&p. My carry position is usually appendix as I feel it conceals the best and I don’t have to worry about bending over. With the extra mags on the xd the only thing I’d need to buy for that is a good kydex holster, with the m&p I’d be $600 in after shipping, mags, and a holster

Quote Originally Posted by andrewwill View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions. My statement of “best deal” has nothing to do with reliability as all of these guns imo are proven reliable. The Springfield comes with $100 in extras for the same price as the m&p. My carry position is usually appendix as I feel it conceals the best and I don’t have to worry about bending over. With the extra mags on the xd the only thing I’d need to buy for that is a good kydex holster, t with the m&p I’d be $600 in after shipping, mags, and a holster
    Again, is saving money the primary concern or is getting the best gun for you the primary concern?

I don't claim to be an expert but I've had a chance to get some training and advice from some folks who are. One thing they tell me over and over and over again is consistency is key. I make it my habit to only carry one type of handgun. The guns that I carry are as identical as I can make them and I get quantifiable consistently higher scores on my handgun qualifications when I do.

For appendix carry, the shorter barrel on the M&P vs the other two might make it more comfortable.
    5lima30ret and halem1 like this.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. ~Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I carried a Glock 19 most of the 90’s for my work sidearm. Using a pancake holster, strong side at 4 o’clock, I had no issues concealing it with a sport coat, or Polo shirt un-tucked.

Today, I mostly pocket carry a Sig P238, but when I do feel the need for more; I carry a Glock 26, Browning HP, or Sig 1911 45 Commander. The big thing here is I use a quality holster. Pancake at 4 O’clock or IWB at 5 O’clock, and any of the above will not print. While my duty open duty belt holster, is one of those stage 2 plastic holsters, for me there is no substituting a quality leather holster, for conceal carry.

“best deal”.. Remember, the sidearm you carry to protect your loved ones, and yourself is “priceless”. So spend the extra couple hundred dollars and get the pistol you want.

A lot of how well you can conceal any handgun is how you dress. For example in warm climates the loose fitting Columbia type fishing shirts allow you to carry and conceal a wide variety of guns. If you wear T-shirts they are NOT all created equal! The Carhartt and Duluth Trading Company T-shirts are thick and tend to not noticeably print. OTOH, clingy tech fabric shirts like Under Armor don't work well! Buy the gun YOU shoot well and carefully choose your wardrobe then carry on! Good luck!
    Wavygravy and LimaCharlie like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Appendix IWB is resistant to printing when bent over, sitting on a stool.
    I mentioned a Glock 22 in prior post, I'm carrying a Glock 21 AIWB in photo.
    Length of slide matters, but shorter is not automatically better for AIWB (ex: Glock 23 vs 21, sometimes I think the 21 more comfortable, good to have options)
    Name:  Glock21AIWB.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  100.5 KB
    Rabbit212 and msgt/ret like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

If you are looking for something that will do both, I would suggest a Glock G30 and an extra full-size G21 mag or two with grip adapter for when the gun is on the nightstand. You get 10rds with a flush fit mag of 45acp in pretty small carry package or eleven with the extended mag in a G19 sized package. Then on the nightstand, you have 14 on tap. Get the 30s if you don't intend on getting a conversion to 10mm setup.
    I have a G19/23 and a G30 and of the two, prefer the shorter handle of the flush fit 9rd mag of the G30 for cc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links