If you’re going to carry keep it secure. - Page 3

If you’re going to carry keep it secure.

This is a discussion on If you’re going to carry keep it secure. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo Sig P320 perhaps... Or maybe a CZ P-09, now there is a pocket gun...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: If you’re going to carry keep it secure.

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    Sig P320 perhaps...
    Or maybe a CZ P-09, now there is a pocket gun
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Quote Originally Posted by 71yancy View Post
    You have every type of test imaginable for carry guns on youtube and in magazines. I'm kind of curious why no one ever thought about doing a controlled "drop test" for all the different makes and models of semi-autos and revolvers to prove or disprove what can happen with loaded guns and to identify the most likely to fire...if any.

I won't be one of the testers because I ain't about to be scuffin' and scratchin' my guns up.
    Well, I got busy on youtube and found that loaded guns can in fact discharge when dropped. Depends on what the angle is when it hits a solid surface.

dp1911 likes this.

Here's another video with a Taurus:

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Well, I got busy on youtube and found that loaded guns can in fact discharge when dropped. Depends on what the angle is when it hits a solid surface.

OMG !

Here's the info regarding revolvers. More than likely won't happen.

You have every type of test imaginable for carry guns on youtube and in magazines. I'm kind of curious why no one ever thought about doing a controlled "drop test" for all the different makes and models of semi-autos and revolvers to prove or disprove what can happen with loaded guns and to identify the most likely to fire...if any.

I won't be one of the testers because I ain't about to be scuffin' and scratchin' my guns up.
    You mean like the California drop test that a gun has to pass to be sold in the state ....,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by simonp67 View Post
    You mean like the California drop test that a gun has to pass to be sold in the state ....,
    You learn something new every day. Glad I live where I do and not there. Nice weather and ocean isn't enough.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/desig...in-california/

VIP Member

Please check the date on that video. It is from Aug. 2017 -

That WAS true. SIG did not issue a recall but did provide for a "voluntary" free fix. All you had to do was phone them for a prepaid return label, send the gun to them and they replaced parts to make it truly drop safe. Hubby had two P320's and sent both of them back.

Supposedly the newer ones, manufactured after the drop/fire was known, have had new parts and are drop safe.

Other manufacturers have had recalls of various gun models over the years - specifically for safety issues. it is not unknown. What is important is WHEN the incidents happened and IF the manufacturer paid shipping to and from and actually fixed the guns involved.

If I were going to buy a P320 I would check to make sure it was either manufactured after they made the changes at the factory OR was returned and the parts to fix the problem had been installed.
    Wavygravy and OD* like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Please check the date on that video. It is from Aug. 2017 -

That WAS true. SIG did not issue a recall but did provide for a "voluntary" free fix. All you had to do was phone them for a prepaid return label, send the gun to them and they replaced parts to make it truly drop safe. Hubby had two P320's and sent both of them back.

Supposedly the newer ones, manufactured after the drop/fire was known, have had new parts and are drop safe.

Other manufacturers have had recalls of various gun models over the years - specifically for safety issues. it is not unknown. What is important is WHEN the incidents happened and IF the manufacturer paid shipping to and from and actually fixed the guns involved.

If I were going to buy a P320 I would check to make sure it was either manufactured after they made the changes at the factory OR was returned and the parts to fix the problem had been installed.
    I think the point to be learned from the video whether a little over two years ago, longer, or shorter is that it "is" possible that guns can go off when dropped if the issue hasn't been tested to impact a hard surface at all positions of the gun. Not just the side of the gun or the front of the barrel.

Sig addressed the problem, how about all other manufacturers along with each of their older and newer models? There are certainly a lot of manufacturers of guns in the world and so many models of semi-auto weapons in all different sizes and calibers that it's mind numbing. Do you think they've all gone through a rigorous drop test from every angle and position? If it got past a mega manufacturer like Sig Sauer, what other manufacture or model gun might have the possibility of it going off when dropped? Taurus? That was shown in the other video and it was dropped at the same place as the Sig. How many others out there?

Revolvers seem immune, especially when made after a certain year which goes back fairly far. The bottom line is, be cautious with all guns when handling. And DON'T drop them on a hard surface.

Suddenly my Springfield models in .45 and .40 seem more appealing even though I didn't initially take to the grip safety. Then again, I don't ever remember dropping a gun that was loaded in 40 years. And NEVER in a public restroom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links