Change seems to be happening - Page 3

Change seems to be happening

This is a discussion on Change seems to be happening within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rustytxrx I shot IDPA for a number of years with Glock 34 and 1911. Today at 76 I find myself leaving the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Change seems to be happening

Quote Originally Posted by Rustytxrx View Post
    I shot IDPA for a number of years with Glock 34 and 1911. Today at 76 I find myself leaving the house with a LCR 9mm 5 shot revolver and a full moon clip reload. I have shot several thousand dry fire sessions with reloads. If I knew I was going to a gun fight, nope would take sumpin else. If it is a 3shot, 3 second, 3 yard street fight I do not feel under gunned. This is way different than it used to be. I left the house with a Glock g20 and extra mag.

Hmmm
    That pretty closely reflects what Ive done over this past year. I lost a bunch of weight and got fitted clothing to look presentable with hopes to find a lady friend. I went from wearing a full size G17 and a spare mag, sometimes even a spare gun, to for the last year carrying a LCR. I can count on my fingers the number of times I have carried one of my Glocks since I got my LCR. It is nice and shootable, and I feel like I live a pretty safe life, where I dont go out to dumb places and do dumb things.
    forester58 likes this.

I still carry 1911痴 mostly, but when the back gets really bad I値l carry an M&P 9mm. Single stacks I carry with two reloads. Hi-caps I値l carry one.

I値l be 69 in a couple of weeks.
    sparkyfender and Tstone like this.

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    I still carry 1911痴 mostly, but when the back gets really bad I値l carry an M&P 9mm. Single stacks I carry with two reloads. Hi-caps I値l carry one.

I値l be 69 in a couple of weeks.
    I've got you beat by a couple of years Rick, but happily my back is in pretty good shape. I do carry 1911's but right now my primary carry is an H&K HK45. I was carrying a sig P938 sometimes but not to much now, I just went out and bought bigger shirts so I didn't have to
    sparkyfender likes this.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Why? I've put in the time on each and can run anything at a high level.
    I used to think rotating carry guns was stupid and that no one who was serious about self defense would do it. Then I read a thread on another forum that Massad Ayoob was participating in. Massad Ayoob frequently changes out his handguns but he always had a reason for doing so.

There are also other people who participate in this forum who rotate through more guns in a week than I own. Mind you the people I'm talking about carried guns professionally for decades.

My point is that even if I don't rotate my carry gun I'm not about to say you're stupid if you do. I may question the wisdom of randomly choosing a gun based on a whim but it has zero affect on me so go ahead
    matthew03 and M1911A1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I used to think rotating carry guns was stupid and that no one who was serious about self defense would do it. Then I read a thread on another forum that Massad Ayoob was participating in. Massad Ayoob frequently changes out his handguns but he always had a reason for doing so.

There are also other people who participate in this forum who rotate through more guns in a week than I own. Mind you the people I'm talking about carried guns professionally for decades.

My point is that even if I don't rotate my carry gun I'm not about to say you're stupid if you do. I may question the wisdom of randomly choosing a gun based on a whim but it has zero affect on me so go ahead
    A drill I see in quite a few classes is having participants load their guns with a mix of live rounds, fired brass, and snap caps: Everyone lays their gun on the firing line and a single shooter works down the line getting 5 hits on 1/4 sized torso targets with each gun, fixing any issues along the way.

You see good shooters on striker guns fall apart when they hit a SA or DA/SA gun on the line. So many people can't run the alternate/less popular actions.

Extra credit for using a piece of brass from your gun, causing a mortar situation. That one will cause people to fall to pieces in frustration.

I would never choose a weapon on a whim, everything I own has been run in a class and proofed in the real world.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links