It's Past Time for Concealed Carry on Base

It's Past Time for Concealed Carry on Base

This is a discussion on It's Past Time for Concealed Carry on Base within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not sure that anybody has posted a link to this article. Nice, succinct article. Germane to today's issues. It's Past Time for Concealed Carry ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: It's Past Time for Concealed Carry on Base

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array Nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,339

    It's Past Time for Concealed Carry on Base

    I'm not sure that anybody has posted a link to this article.

    Nice, succinct article. Germane to today's issues.

    It's Past Time for Concealed Carry on Base

  2. #2
    VIP Member Array HotBrass45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,762
    I agree with the premise of the article. But where in the world do they find these photos that they use in these articles?

    It's Past Time for Concealed Carry on Base-no-belt.jpg
    Nix, terry01, M1911A1 and 1 others like this.
    If you use JP-8, then it's technically not waterboarding

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15,547
    Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    I agree with the premise of the article. But where in the world do they find these photos that they use in these articles?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no belt.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	308956
    That was the first thing I noticed too.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    I agree with the premise of the article. But where in the world do they find these photos that they use in these articles?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no belt.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	308956
    It's the navy. Do you expect them to wear belts? Marines are fast. You gotta be quick with the trousers.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

  6. #5
    VIP Member Array jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,942
    I am pleasantly surprised to see an article like this published by the Naval Institute. I have had dealings with them in the past and although they are independent from the government, they have previously tended to toe the DoD company line. They are a pretty prestigious organization. So this article has substance.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,142
    It’s like someone was making these same points in another thread on this forum.
    graydude likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

  8. #7
    Member Array Rick McC.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Weeki Wachee, FL
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    It's the navy. Do you expect them to wear belts? Marines are fast. You gotta be quick with the trousers.
    Yeah, but the clip is barely halfway on the pants...

    Anyway, when I was in the Army (early ‘70’s) personal firearms were kept in the company arms room, and could be “checked out” when going off post.

    I doubt that 50+ years of military policy/procedure is going to change anytime soon.

  9. #8
    Member Array Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    Yeah, but the clip is barely halfway on the pants...

    Anyway, when I was in the Army (early ‘70’s) personal firearms were kept in the company arms room, and could be “checked out” when going off post.

    I doubt that 50+ years of military policy/procedure is going to change anytime soon.
    Yep, Navy was the same way. I was on a carrier and guns had to be kept in the armory. I seriously doubt that will ever change.

  10. #9
    Member Array Workaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    320
    I've been on Navy bases where you had to register the gun, and then could keep it in the house, and other bases where it had to be in the armory. I almost think it depends upon the base commander....
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

  11. #10
    Member Array Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
    I've been on Navy bases where you had to register the gun, and then could keep it in the house, and other bases where it had to be in the armory. I almost think it depends upon the base commander....
    But we’re you allowed to carry on the base?

  12. #11
    Member Array Workaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    320
    Not unless it was part of my job. And being aircraft maintenance, it wasn't. The biggest issue I have about not carrying on base, is the hassle of disarming and then rearming. Now that I'm retired, it would be nice to carry there, as well as at the VA. However, with the way the current law reads, I follow, as close to the letter as I can. Funny enough, the commissary actually has a gun buster sign on the doors.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

  13. #12
    Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,733
    Policy has already changed on many bases. On my base, after we submit paperwork giving the serial of the gun and a copy of our CCL, we are allowed to carry on base but only outside of work. Basically it allows a concealed carrier to carry on base and leave his gun in his car while he is at work without repercussions.

    It's not ideal.

    There are folks who carry in the command against the rules. I have considered that, but these days I work for the General and he's not a gun enthusiast so I don't want to the take the risk of being spotted.
    Workaholic and msgt/ret like this.

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,340
    I just handed my firearm to my wife so if they searched us she would be the one in the slammer.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

  15. #14
    VIP Member Array graydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by drmordo View Post
    Policy has already changed on many bases. On my base, after we submit paperwork giving the serial of the gun and a copy of our CCL, we are allowed to carry on base but only outside of work. Basically it allows a concealed carrier to carry on base and leave his gun in his car while he is at work without repercussions.

    It's not ideal.

    There are folks who carry in the command against the rules. I have considered that, but these days I work for the General and he's not a gun enthusiast so I don't want to the take the risk of being spotted.
    Which base, if I may ask?
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

  16. #15
    Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Which base, if I may ask?
    I work for a Active Duty component on Homestead ARB
    graydude likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •