How often, if ever, are you concerned about printing? - Page 6

How often, if ever, are you concerned about printing?

This is a discussion on How often, if ever, are you concerned about printing? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 71yancy I might be getting old but the only thing I look for is attractive women of all ages. (without my wife ...

View Poll Results: How often, if ever, are you concerned about printing?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • I never am concerned about printing. I open carry.

1 0.52%
  • I concealed carry and never worry about printing.

43 22.40%
  • I rarely worry about printing.

103 53.65%
  • I frequently worry about printing.

22 11.46%
  • I don't recall the last time I worried about printing.

12 6.25%
  • Other.

9 4.69%
  • What's this printing of which you speak?

2 1.04%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: How often, if ever, are you concerned about printing?

Quote Originally Posted by 71yancy View Post
    I might be getting old but the only thing I look for is attractive women of all ages. (without my wife catching me and saying I'm a lech)
    My wife jabs me in the ribs, and points out all the good looking young women, if I fail to see one walking by....
    Wavygravy, 71yancy, OD* and 2 others like this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

i dont worry about it. Most of my clothes don't print.
    G26Raven likes this.

t seems like when this topic comes up a lot of people react like it's stupid but if it's a stupid topic why does it come up on every single gun forum out there at least a couple of times a year? Obviously it's an item of concern to some people.

I don't necessarily go around looking for tells on other people but I get paid to watch people and I've been doing it long enough that when the tells are there I notice them.

One of the very first things I ever posted here was a YouTube video by a gun guy who was apparently walking around in a Walmart somewhere in Texas and his gun was apparently printing enough to cause some random soccer mom to walk up to him in the middle of the Walmart asked him if he was carrying a gun. I'm sorry but if a random strangers are questioning you you're doing something wrong.
    Wavygravy and G26Raven like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    My wife jabs me in the ribs, and points out all the good looking young women, if I fail to see one walking by....
    Heheh. Mine jabs me in the ribs too, but I rarely fail to see one walking by (and I only have one eye)....
    G26Raven, 71yancy and Big Western like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

I just joined my church's security ministry. Most of us carry and we want to keep it covert.
    G26Raven and Marc_Brooks like this.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothings. - Edmond Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    t seems like when this topic comes up a lot of people react like it's stupid but if it's a stupid topic why does it come up on every single gun forum out there at least a couple of times a year? Obviously it's an item of concern to some people.

One of the very first things I ever posted here was a YouTube video by a gun guy who was apparently walking around in a Walmart somewhere in Texas and his gun was apparently printing enough to cause some random soccer mom to walk up to him in the middle of the Walmart asked him if he was carrying a gun. I'm sorry but if a random strangers are questioning you you're doing something wrong.
    Why is it a concern and to what people? In the YouTube you're referring to, where was he carrying on his body, what clothes was he wearing, and was it ever revealed what type of gun and holster he was carrying?

If it's an over concern to any individual then it is a problem and should be addressed by the person himself/herself with a different place on the body to carry, a different size gun, and different clothes.

As an experiment a few years back, I wanted to see if two different sets of eyes (one non licensed and non gun carrier as well as a good friend who owned and carried guns) could tell anything different about me on a certain day. They weren't together at the same time so I hit each one up at different times. I asked them the same question. "Do you see anything about me that's different today? Look closely." Both looked at my face, hair, clothes and said "no, what am I supposed to be seeing."

I told both of them I was carrying a gun. "Where is it?" The non carrier said, "I don't know." My good friend said "In your right front pocket, but that's only because I know you always carry there."

My friend was correct but an untrained eye not knowing what to look for saw nothing sticking out that was obvious. However, my friend was also oblivious to what was going on and had no clue because I had 8, yes EIGHT more guns on my body of different calibers and styles. The biggest being a S&W 686 Plus 3" .357.

If someone is "concerned" it's their fault and not doing what needs to be done to go under the radar with the gun, holster, placement, and clothes.
    Havok and msgt/ret like this.

Now that's a good woman who is sure of herself.
    G26Raven likes this.

I don't necessarily go around looking for tells on other people but I get paid to watch people and I've been doing it long enough that when the tells are there I notice them.

Then answer either yes or no and move on. What’s the big deal?
    G26Raven and Big Western like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by 71yancy View Post
    If someone is "concerned" it's their fault and not doing what needs to be done to go under the radar with the gun, holster, placement, and clothes.
    I beg to differ. I buy my clothes with an eye towards concealment, although as I have stated previously, it's not an issue here in most places. But the situation (i.e., weather) I described at the beginning of this thread changed and I had to change my garments around. As it was, it was not an issue, but I would prefer in most circumstances to keep my weapon properly concealed. That's my preference and I respect the fact other's preferences may be different.
    Wavygravy likes this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

flh

Do you still have a link to the video ?

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

I beg to differ. I buy my clothes with an eye towards concealment, although as I have stated previously, it's not an issue here in most places. But the situation (i.e., weather) I described at the beginning of this thread changed and I had to change my garments around. As it was, it was not an issue, but I would prefer in most circumstances to keep my weapon properly concealed. That's my preference and I respect the fact other's preferences may be different.
    We aren't differing at all. What you're doing is exactly what I'm referring to and do myself which means it's "never a concern". If an individual preference is to carry a large cannon in a bulky leather holster OWB in all seasons and in all clothes, they might have a concern and then again maybe not. It is up to them. Then it might very well be a concern to non licensed non carrying other individuals.
    G26Raven likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Hmmm. It seems I agree with both of you, Yancy71 and G26Raven. We must differ on how to define "concern."
    G26Raven likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    Do you still have a link to the video ?
    It's in this post

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Then answer either yes or no and move on. What’s the big deal?
    Suppose soccer mom called the cops instead of asking you?
    Wavygravy likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I don't get paid to do it, but notice people who are carrying (most of them, I think) if it is at all noticeable from their clothes, appearance, manner, etc. It's part of SA.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links