Illinois Renewals 140 Days?

This is a discussion on Illinois Renewals 140 Days? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That's what I'm being told. Amazing that's almost half a year and it's only getting worse.... Not surprising, but a bummer. I hope the police ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Illinois Renewals 140 Days?

That's what I'm being told.

Amazing that's almost half a year and it's only getting worse....

Not surprising, but a bummer.

I hope the police realize that as long as you apply in time and haven't been denied, you're still legal while waiting.
    Grizzly2 and BCC73 like this.

Early Feb to May for me. But they claim you good if you are expired but have reapplied. Itís on the Police site, but not sure if the locals would understand.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

In MI, all you need is your expired license and the receipt for your renewal to stay legal. I don't know IL law, but the MI statute makes sense.

Not that IL gun laws make sense. I applied for MI renewal after work on a Wednesday. The new license was in my mailbox that Friday.
    Grizzly2 likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    Well a couple of weeks ago in FL I walked in the the local tax collectors office to do my renewal had a new picture taken signed some papers, paid my 50 bucks and walked out about 10 mins later with my renewal in hand.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Quote Originally Posted by mrtimm View Post

I hope the police realize that as long as you apply in time and haven't been denied, you're still legal while waiting.
    Hold on !! You're being pretty unfair. The guy ISP put in charge of this is VERY BUSY ! + he has 14 weeks paid vacation !!!
    BE PATIENT...Ö...
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    Well a couple of weeks ago in FL I walked in the the local tax collectors office to do my renewal had a new picture taken signed some papers, paid my 50 bucks and walked out about 10 mins later with my renewal in hand.
    The same for me. My Florida renewal took about 10 minutes from start to finish. I left with my renewal in hand. It sounds like they are playing games in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by OakBluff View Post
    The same for me. My Florida renewal took about 10 minutes from start to finish. I left with my renewal in hand. It sounds like they are playing games in Illinois.
    Of course they're playing games ... I am quite sure that when they were saying 90days, they didn't even look at applications until they'd been in the ISP's hands for 89 days. But they're right quick on taking the money.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    I am a little late getting mine applied for because I had a problem with getting in to my email. My wife has been helping and she gave them all of the information they required and set up a whole new ID and password but when she tried to use the password it wouldn't work. She called the State police tech. number and they said the site is down until Friday but that they will have somebody call when we can submit the request. He said that they would call any time between 8:AM and 7:30 PM so be ready when they call. That means that we have to have all of the information with us all day long while we wait for them to call. You would think that with the big load of requests right now they would be able to handle all of these problems on their end. If they read this I probably won't get my renewal for the next 9 months.

Pretty normal Gestapo tactics for ILL inois.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

It could be much longer if for some reason you go "Under Board Review." In those cases, it can take upwards of a year. There is an Ill-Annoy forum that has quite a few discussion threads about the wait times. The ISPFSB has been underfunded, understaffed for quite a while and the backlog is upwards of 60,000 applications.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...delays/126386/
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

Quote Originally Posted by OakBluff View Post
    I hate you guys ;)

I hate you guys ;)
    It could be worse. Before I moved to Florida, I lived and worked in the Peopleís Republic of Maryland. No one but special people get a concealed carry permit there.
    No ordinary citizen, ever.

Illinois is horrible with anything firearm related.

Nod
    I got my FOID renewal in just over 30 days, couldn't believe it. BUT.......... I just applied for my CC renewal 3 weeks ago so we'll see how that goes.

Distinguished Member
    I renewed my CCP in December of 2018. It took under a month. Then the Aurora shooting occurred (ISP issued a FOID card to a felon which allowed him to legally buy the gun he used in the shooting) In February of 2019 I applied to renew my FOID. It took 3 months.

I've read reports that the state is taking the fees collected for the FOID and CCP and using them in the general fund, cutting the ISP staff that do these functions.
    BCC73 likes this.
    I know little on the subject so I'll speak at length.

If you have an excuse for failure, you will.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links