Cover garments

Cover garments

This is a discussion on Cover garments within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I usually carry IWB with shirt tucked in, but occasionally wear my shirt out. I've noticed when I do that sometimes when I stand up ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Cover garments

Cover garments

I usually carry IWB with shirt tucked in, but occasionally wear my shirt out. I've noticed when I do that sometimes when I stand up my shirt will get caught between my pistol grip and my body, so I've gotten in the habit of pulling on my shirt tails to pull it out. That's obviously a "tell" that I'm carrying. Anyone else have this problem, or have ideas to solve it?

Thanks

A. Wear looser longer shirts ( duluth trading etc )
    B. Get shirts gear toward carry some even have breakaway side panels for this set up .5.11 etc

Also have you tried other holster or tuck able ones
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

https://bandedbottom.com/ I order my usual size but in "Tall" . Carry OWB 4:00 no problem.
    Grizzly2, msgt/ret and graydude like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I just fix my shirt and go on about my business.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by glewis View Post
    I usually carry IWB with shirt tucked in, but occasionally wear my shirt out. I've noticed when I do that sometimes when I stand up my shirt will get caught between my pistol grip and my body, so I've gotten in the habit of pulling on my shirt tails to pull it out. That's obviously a "tell" that I'm carrying. Anyone else have this problem, or have ideas to solve it?

Thanks
    Not really. If you watch people getting up from seats or out of cars, most will straighten out their shirts/shirttails when doing so. More carry myth than reality. Just tell them you trying to cover your Depends bladder leakage product.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Not really. If you watch people getting up from seats or out of cars, most will straighten out their shirts/shirttails when doing so. More carry myth than reality. Just tell them you trying to cover your Depends bladder leakage product.
    Or colostomy bag. They move away fast. :D

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

What type of gun do you edc?
    Where and how do you carry it?
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post

This.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I just take my phone out of my pocket, check the time, and then when I put it back in I catch my shirt with my thumb to straighten out my sweater. Muscle memory at this point

I typically wear cowboy vests or button up shirts that are untucked so they don't catch on the gun/holster.

Thanks, everyone, for the help. Matthew03, I carry a full-size Ruger SR9 at 4 :00 in an Old Faithful tuckable holster.
    OldVet and Rotorhead1026, you make me laugh!
    Wrongrecroom, I have not tried other holsters, though I have taken up a notch in my belt, which seems to help by pulling my pistol tighter to my body.

Quote Originally Posted by glewis View Post
    Thanks, everyone, for the help. Matthew03, I carry a full-size Ruger SR9 at 4 :00 in an Old Faithful tuckable holster.
    OldVet and Rotorhead1026, you make me laugh!
    Wrongrecroom, I have not tried other holsters, though I have taken up a notch in my belt, which seems to help by pulling my pistol tighter to my body.
    For once I am dead serious and this guy thinks I'm funny. Laugh at this: No Christmas card for you!
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

You say you occasionally wear your shirt untucked.
    IMO - Unless shirt tucking is required for employment, untuck it.
    Nowhere I go requires a tucked shirt nor am I concerned with trying to impress others with my attire.
    OldVet, airslot, Haywood and 5 others like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

You may want to look at your carry rig.

I carry everyday IWB, and that does not happen because my belt and holster tucks the grip and frame firmly against my side and prevents the shirt material from getting in between.

It also may you need to adjust the location from 4 to 3 or even 2:30 to find the best spot on your body.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Havok likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links