I'm No Longer Able to Effectively Carry IWB - Page 5

I'm No Longer Able to Effectively Carry IWB

This is a discussion on I'm No Longer Able to Effectively Carry IWB within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 I found that I could very comfortably and effectively carry AIWB at 11:30 with the proper rig. With some fairly extensive ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: I'm No Longer Able to Effectively Carry IWB

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post

I found that I could very comfortably and effectively carry AIWB at 11:30 with the proper rig. With some fairly extensive tweaking and re-designing, I've gotten it to where it fits and works perfectly, still at the 11:30 carry position. For whatever reason, I can't find that perfect carry spot on the right side.

I have found the foam wedge to be critical for effective, comfortable AIWB carry.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

11:30ish is the only way I've found that I can aiwb comfortably.

But I prefer a lot of cant which gets the slide completely out of the way (for sitting/bending). I also use a small foam wedge (that I whittled out of a yoga block from Walmart) to push the grip in.

And with the soft loops, the holster has enough play that when I go to draw, the gun and holster shifts to the right (zero cant) for a good master grip, and pulls straight up.

I also like my belt to be somewhat loose so the gun can "float" around a little and not dig into my stomach and groin which is extremely uncomfortable to me. My Kore (ratchet) gun belt is very stiff and works great for this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm No Longer Able to Effectively Carry IWB-screenshot_20200214-100218_gallery_1581697776415.jpg  

Mike1956 likes this.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    Congratulations on your weight loss.

11:30ish is the only way I've found that I can aiwb comfortably.

But I prefer a lot of cant which gets the slide completely out of the way (for sitting/bending). I also use a small foam wedge (that I whittled out of a yoga block from Walmart) to push the grip in.

And with the soft loops, the holster has enough play that when I go to draw, the gun and holster shifts to the right (zero cant) for a good master grip, and pulls straight up.

I also like my belt to be somewhat loose so the gun can "float" around a little and not dig into my stomach and groin which is extremely uncomfortable to me. My Kore (ratchet) gun belt is very stiff and works great for this.
    Maybe if your holster had the proper degree of cant for appendix carry you might have better success.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Maybe if your holster had the proper degree of cant for appendix carry you might have better success.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Believe me, I've tried every gun/holster combination that I have. And I got a big box of holsters. Lol.

And with each of them, I've tried all the cant positions. I just cannot stand for the slide to be poking me anywhere when I sit or bend. It is extremely uncomfortable. I guess I just don't have the body for traditional aiwb. I envy those of you that do. But that's ok, my way is working perfectly for me.

Other than owb carry, this is my most comfortable mode of carry.
    forester58 and Mike1956 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    Believe me, I've tried every gun/holster combination that I have. And I got a big box of holsters. Lol.

And with each of them, I've tried all the cant positions. I just cannot stand for the slide to be poking me anywhere when I sit or bend. It is extremely uncomfortable. I guess I just don't have the body for traditional aiwb. I envy those of you that do. But that's ok, my way is working perfectly for me.

Other than owb carry, this is my most comfortable mode of carry.
    The first time I took one of my standard kydex holsters with a regular Glock 26/19/17, and put it up front, I thought “this has to be more uncomfortable than being waterboarded”. For years I never carried that way. Only after getting a small, soft holster and a very short barrel, round revolver that is also super light so I can leave my stiff belt where there is essentially no tension pushing the gun into my body, with the belt only being there to be something to clip onto, could I make it work.

I still have a gut, but it is still the most comfortable way to carry for me. When I sit, it’s either pushed out on top, to the side of my belly button, or I can leave it lower, where it’s a bit under my gut. At that point, it’s no less comfortable or larger than a regular belt buckle.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links