NE, NJ, CT, TN Info Updates. Handgunlaw.us & State Contacts

This is a discussion on NE, NJ, CT, TN Info Updates. Handgunlaw.us & State Contacts within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nebraska/New Jersey – Nebraska will no longer honor the New Jersey Permit to carry. Not sure why they dropped them. https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/ser...ka-reciprocity Tennessee now has a ...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 9 Post By Gary Slider
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By Gary Slider
  • 1 Post By xXxHeavy
  • 1 Post By beebee
  • 3 Post By azretired
  • 1 Post By Melvin

Thread: NE, NJ, CT, TN Info Updates. Handgunlaw.us & State Contacts

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Nebraska/New Jersey – Nebraska will no longer honor the New Jersey Permit to carry. Not sure why they dropped them. https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/ser...ka-reciprocity

Tennessee now has a two tier permit system. They changed the name of their regular permit to Enhanced Permit and now issue a “Concealed Only Permit” that doesn’t allow for open carry, is cheaper and takes less training. This permit will not be honored in as many states as their Enhanced Permit. North Dakota and Nebraska have already stated they would not honor the Tennessee Concealed Permit. https://www.tn.gov/safety/tnhp/handgun/apply.html

Connecticut’s Office of Legislative Research has put out a Summary of State Gun Laws. It is very comprehensive and has links to all the relevant laws coving each section. For Connecticut residents it is a must read to keep up with all the laws you must abide by.
    https://www.cga.ct.gov/2020/rpt/pdf/2020-R-0025.pdf

Politics - Seems there are more anti-gun bills being introduced in state legislatures this year than I can ever remember. It also seems to me there are more and more anti gun politicians. We all need to contact our state/national reps and voice our opinions on bills we like or don’t like.
    Links to all state Legislatures can be found at https://www.congress.gov/state-legislature-websites

www.handgunlaw.us – February 6, 2006 Handgunlaw.us came online. We are now in our 14th year of supplying carry information on all the states. The above changes will be updated on Handgunlaw.us late this evening or early tomorrow.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

NJ even has a permit?! I am shocked. I should get one for my herd of unicorns.
    sdprof and NECCdude like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    OldVet, They do exist but the way I hear it you just have to know the right person or pass a lot of money in an envelope to the right people!!!
    OldVet likes this.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

What Jerzy permit...…..like lookin' for Bigfoot.
    NECCdude likes this.

I have read a few times, that NJ has less than 2,500 carry permits issued in the entire state, and most of those are for retired federal agent types, ex long time military police, USPS Inspectors, maybe some retired LEO's etc.. Almost impossible to get a carry permit in NJ, as bad or even worse than NYC.. A NJ cop, state or local, makes his bones and its a big career booster, catching someone with a handgun thats concealed say in a car glove box, even if the carrier has no criminal record otherwise..

. NJ is bad,, REAL bad.. I know I lived there 37 years.. NY state isn't much better, but at least up here depending on the county you reside in you have a chance if you work at it. My county judge is Pro 2A and 2A is honored and upheld.. I am fortunate in that regard, and I ache for those in NJ, and downstate NY that simply can't get a permit...bob
    xXxHeavy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    OldVet, They do exist but the way I hear it you just have to know the right person or pass a lot of money in an envelope to the right people!!!
    You beat me to it Gary, that is pretty much the case. I'm not sure of the number of permits in NJ, I left there in the 60's but I doubt that the number is very high.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

I don't think any state should honor NJ or NY Permits as they honor no out of state permits!
    xXxHeavy, Melvin and NECCdude like this.
    Livin' the Life!
    NRA Patron Life Member, US Army vet '72-'78, Retired Detective Lieutenant, Former NMLEA Firearms Instructor.

That's not the fault of the people who have the Permits.

New Jersey just canceled a lot of states permits they allow. I bet that is the reason Nebraska retaliated.

Quote Originally Posted by JimCunn View Post
    That's not the fault of the people who have the Permits.
    Agreed- it’s not our fault what they do to us especially as I know of no one that voted these communists into office!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaf Smith View Post
    New Jersey just canceled a lot of states permits they allow. I bet that is the reason Nebraska retaliated.
    Maybe so but from what I understand NJ never honored the Nebraska permit.
    “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf Smith View Post
    New Jersey NEVER honored any other state permits!
    NECCdude likes this.
    U.S. Army Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links