Wrangler Jeans for CC?

Wrangler Jeans for CC?

This is a discussion on Wrangler Jeans for CC? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't want to derail the Cargo pants thread, so I'm starting this one -- with a specific focus on Wrangler jeans. Why Wrangler? Because ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Wrangler Jeans for CC?

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar

Wrangler Jeans for CC?

I don't want to derail the Cargo pants thread, so I'm starting this one -- with a specific focus on Wrangler jeans.

Why Wrangler? Because as a member of the NRA, I have access to the ExpertVoice training site, where a pair of Wrangler jeans can be had for 50% off!

I wear jeans almost every day. Even though I work in an office! I wear the same jeans into the garden, washing my car, etc. So they aren't fashion items.

My current jeans are made by Lee (owned by the same company that owns Wrangler, by the way) and they are nearing replacement time. Since I can get a pair of Wrangler jeans for under $20, I'm wondering how they fit, how durable they are, what sort of shrinkage they experience, and most of all -- how they work for pocket carry!

Your opinions, experiences and feedback sought and welcomed!
    AnthonyC and msgt/ret like this.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Wrangler jeans are very comfortable, no shrinkage, you can buy in new un-faded, partly faded or really faded, regular fir or loose fit. I prefer the loose fit and while these can conceal a J Frame fairly well the pocket style sucks making drawing difficult at best. With jeans it's either IWB or OWB for me.
    Livin' the Life!
    NRA Patron Life Member

My go to every day jeans are Wranglers from Walmart. I think they are good to go. They fit a bit a roomy side which works for me since I have bigger legs. They do not work for pocket carry FOR ME...Even the relaxed fit are snug on my legs, and the pockets are not quite as deep as I would like. That said, my father in law pocket carries in them with no issues.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Wrangler jeans come in many different styles. Cowboy cut, boot cut, slim cut and roomy cut.
    Something for every body type so you have to try them on and see which works best. I get mine at a Cavender's store which is western wear so they have a big selection.
    They wear very well, not too much shrinkage as long as you do not wash in boiling hot water.
    I do not pocket carry so no experience there.

Wrangler are my jeans......actually just purchased 6 pair these past 2 weeks.....had to finally replace the worn ones.....the best.

Senior Moderator
    I've been getting mine at Tractor Supply for about $20.

I did buy them at W*M and then I walked away.

The Tractor Supply jeans are better made and more durable.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

I use to wear Wrangler relaxed jeans from Walmart. They had deep pockets and the pocket openings were wide, which facilitated pocket carry. They were comfortable, long lasting, and no shrinkage.

But when it came time to buy some new ones, I found that they changed the pockets. They are much smaller now, which definitely made pocket carry a no go for me.

I buy Wrangler loose fit jeans at Bi-Mart, which is an employee owned chain store in the Pacific Northwest, for less than $20. My Sig P938 9mm in a Ted Blocker holster works great for concealed carry.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Well_Regulated View Post
    My current jeans are made by Lee (owned by the same company that owns Wrangler, by the way) and they are nearing replacement time. Since I can get a pair of Wrangler jeans for under $20, I'm wondering how they fit, how durable they are, what sort of shrinkage they experience, and most of all -- how they work for pocket carry!
    What gun or guns do you have in mind for pocket carry? That will determine how they work. You won't get a wide variety with Wranglers.
    Well_Regulated likes this.

I buy the Wrangler Riggs jean. Work jeans and the front pockets are larger. A p938 has plenty of room.
    https://www.wrangler.com/shop/men-co...riggs-workwear
    MMinSC and Poorly like this.

Donít pocket carry in my Wrangler Regular Fit Jeans with Comfort Flex Waistband, but no trouble IWB or AIWB.
    Usually cost $18 each.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

I wear Wrangler 13MWZís. Never pocket carried but these are fairly snug. I donít think they would be a good choice for pocket carry.I would look at the relaxed fit wranglers. They hold up as good as any jeans out there and I buy them at a factory outlet as irregulars for $14.00. Farm maintenance takes it toll on jeans so I buy the irregular but the cows donít pay any attention!!!
    msgt/ret likes this.

FWIW, the Wrangler carpenter jeans seem to have larger pockets than the regular Wrangler jeans. If you pocket carry the extra pocket space is nice, also the side pocket works perfectly for carrying a spare magazine! Good luck!
    muzzleblast likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 71yancy View Post
    What gun or guns do you have in mind for pocket carry? That will determine how they work. You won't get a wide variety with Wranglers.
    My EDC guns range from a P365 to a Ruger LCP II to a Seecamp LWS32. All small guns. I also have an Airweight J-frame Model 360. I've front pocket carried them all, but I'm going more for back pocket carry in the smaller (LCP II / Seecamp) guns.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

I've been wearing Wrangler Relaxed Fit jeans for almost 20 years and most of them are good for occasional pocket carry of my LCP (front or back pocket) or Kahr PM9 with the short mag (front pocket). They wear very well and are a bit baggy, the way I like 'em (no skinny jeans "glitter chigger" here). Try 'em on in whatever store you want so you know what the fit is like, then go home and order them online if that's how you want to buy them. I haven't bought any new ones in quite a while so can't say if the pockets are the same, but you can check that out in the privacy of the fitting room with your pocket pistol.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links