Double Appendix Carry? - Page 4

Double Appendix Carry?

This is a discussion on Double Appendix Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by G26Raven I am completely with you regarding having a BUG in a pocket and its efficacy. I can't, however, draw my SigP365 ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Double Appendix Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I am completely with you regarding having a BUG in a pocket and its efficacy. I can't, however, draw my SigP365 while seated. I can only presume you can do this because A) you are carrying a smaller pistol, B) your pockets are way larger than mine, and possibly C) your hands are smaller than mine???
    LCP is a pocket gun. P365 is not. Just because you can get it in, doesn’t mean you can get it out. Found that out with my wife’s G43 which hung up badly on my pockets. I wear Wrangler jeans, Dockers, or business suits.
    OD*, G-man* and forester58 like this.
    Stay calm and listen to SKA!

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    LCP is a pocket gun. P365 is not. Just because you can get it in, doesn’t mean you can get it out. Found that out with my wife’s G43 which hung up badly on my pockets. I wear Wrangler jeans, Dockers, or business suits.
    P365 works just fine as a pocket gun, depending on what holster and pants you are wearing. I do it regularly with a Vedder pocket holster and 5.11 pants. Obviously, it doesn't work for everyone.
    OD* likes this.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    It's all how you articulate it.

Nothing to with Kung Fu, however, Kung Fu would be a great art for creating distance. I am just saying that you need to be able to create space to draw. I am almost 60, exercise daily. You are only old if you let it.
    Agreed, but everyone has different situations. After work, I come home to two special needs kids, who need almost constant attention. I have a small window in the morning to work out and that’s about it.

I’m not going to kid myself into thinking I’m going to go the distance hands on with a younger punk.
    OD* and Bad Bob like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

P365 works just fine as a pocket gun, depending on what holster and pants you are wearing. I do it regularly with a Vedder pocket holster and 5.11 pants. Obviously, it doesn't work for everyone.
    You said yourself you can’t draw it while seated.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    You said yourself you can’t draw it while seated.
    That's true. People carry all kinds of pistols that can't be drawn from certain positions. I do wear an ankle holster when I pocket carry the Sig P365, and that is my BUG. I can't draw the G26 from the ankle holster while standing. I don't particularly care for the LCP.

We all have to make compromises in what we carry. I guess it's which set of compromises you are willing to accept. Viva la difference!
    OD* likes this.
    Mike Tyson

You can make anything work in various ways. The point here is that the 365 was not designed for that use, and thus has design parameters that make it less than ideal for that use within that genre of application.
    Hell, I can pocket carry a 4 inch k frame or LW Commander in certain attire, but they are not ideal for this because that is not what they are designed for.
    Truly, this should be a common sense point that need not be debated.
    10thmtn and Bad Bob like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

G-man*, I don't see anything on Sig's website that says that this pistol should not be used for pocket carry. We all have to carry what works for us. I'm not willing or want to carry an LCP, but I think it's great if you want to carry one and draw it while seated. I cannot carry a G26 in my pocket, but people do. You carry what you want, I'll carry what I want.
    Mike Tyson

"Unless you have superhuman speed at close range a draw is easy to stuff and foul".

It's not that difficult to draw and fire in less than average response/reaction time.

G-man*, I don't see anything on Sig's website that says that this pistol should not be used for pocket carry. We all have to carry what works for us. I'm not willing or want to carry an LCP, but I think it's great if you want to carry one and draw it while seated. I cannot carry a G26 in my pocket, but people do. You carry what you want, I'll carry what I want.
    Look, I don’t care what you carry, that’s not the point.

And there is no official declaration of what constitutes a pocket gun.
    But general wisdom dictates that a pocket gun is one that is designed to be able to drop in a wide variety of pockets.
    If you cannot do this, it’s probably not designed for that purpose, and just because we like a particular gun, doesn’t necessarily justify its use in every genre of carry.

Of course, there are no instructions on makers websites stating how any gun should be carried. But once again, common sense and conventional wisdom over the many years has determined a certain criteria for what constitutes size and weight limit for what is considered a real “ pocket carry” gun.

If you desire to put a square peg in a round hole, cool. But the bottom line is the 365 does not fit years of conventional wisdom as to what that constitutes a true pocket carry gun.

Im not trying to tell you what to do, but there is a reason why they design guns for that specific application.
    10thmtn likes this.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

G-man*, we will have to agree to disagree. I think your idea of a pocket gun is much more narrow than mine, and I'm good with that.
    G-man* likes this.
    Mike Tyson

Thumbs up

What do you put in your back pocket and how do you carry it?
    Usually either one of these two. Ruger LCPII in it's own pocket holster or one designed like the one next to it in a Recluse Back Pocket Wallet Holster. That gun is a Ruger LC9s. Thin guns are better. There's no sign of the gun sticking out above the pocket. LC9s specs: •Length: 6”/Height: 4.5"/Width: .9 Compare to P365.

I just got back from getting my hair cut with the LCPII in the back pocket. Drove about 8 miles each way to the cutter and sat in the chair with it in the pocket the entire time. Nobody knew except me.
    As far as I go, I pretty much forgot it was even being carried. No discomfort at all. When you're seated and need to draw, all you have to do is lean forward a little bit, reach in and get it.

Over the years I've carried regular wallets with money, credit cards, licenses, car insurance coverage, etc. thicker than the gun and holster. THAT was bulging and uncomfortable.

Double Appendix Carry?-img_2366.jpg
    G26Raven likes this.

G-man*, we will have to agree to disagree. I think your idea of a pocket gun is much more narrow than mine, and I'm good with that.
    Im good with that too. Only you know how effectively you can draw and use it from
    your pocket.
    Im sure you have practiced timed drills with it.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    Im good with that too. Only you know how effectively you can draw and use it from
    your pocket.
    Im sure you have practiced timed drills with it.
    Yes, I do practice with it. It's an effective draw for me while standing. The big advantage in the circumstances where I usually carry it (like any pocket pistol) is I can have my hand on it, disengage it from the holster, and have it at the edge of my pocket ready to draw it very quickly. I can draw it as quickly, or more quickly, than I can my Sig P229 from an AIWB holster with a cover garment. If I am seated in a restaurant or vehicle, my draw is from the ankle holster.

But you know, I've never really tried to develop any alternative techniques for trying to draw the P365 while seated. I just thought about it while I was writing my response. I think that If I disengaged the pistol from the holster and had it in the position that I normally have it when it is at the lip of my pocket, I just might be able to draw it from that location while seated. I will have to try that soon.

This has been a productive discussion that has given me some food for thought. Thank you.
    G-man* and 10thmtn like this.
    Mike Tyson

But you know, I've never really tried to develop any alternative techniques for trying to draw the P365 while seated. I just thought about it while I was writing my response. I think that If I disengaged the pistol from the holster and had it in the position that I normally have it when it is at the lip of my pocket, I just might be able to draw it from that location while seated. I will have to try that soon.

This has been a productive discussion that has given me some food for thought. Thank you.
    Or, you could float the gun to another position, allowing quick access, which is another benefit of pocket carry.
    Many times I have palmed a pocket gun from my pocket carried in a Sticky holster to AIWB, or even under my leg while taking a seat in a restaurant. The possibilities are only limited to your imagination.
    G26Raven and LimaCharlie like this.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

71yancy, I haven't carried anything thicker than a handkerchief in my back pocket for the last 10 years. Way too uncomfortable for me to sit on while I drive.
    PAcanis and forester58 like this.
    Mike Tyson

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links