Am I the only one concerned about the panic to buy guns? - Page 7

Am I the only one concerned about the panic to buy guns?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one concerned about the panic to buy guns? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Someone may have mentioned this, I haven't followed the whole thread: On a possible plus side, a gun store owner who has a YouTube channel ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree505Likes

Thread: Am I the only one concerned about the panic to buy guns?

Someone may have mentioned this, I haven't followed the whole thread: On a possible plus side, a gun store owner who has a YouTube channel is predicting that in six months or so, we will see a flood of guns on the used market. The crisis will be over and many of these panic buyers will be hurting economically. They will be selling unfired SD guns for whatever they can get for them. I don't know if that will come to pass, but it is an interesting possibility.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Someone may have mentioned this, I haven't followed the whole thread: On a possible plus side, a gun store owner who has a YouTube channel is predicting that in six months or so, we will see a flood of guns on the used market. The crisis will be over and many of these panic buyers will be hurting economically. They will be selling unfired SD guns for whatever they can get for them. I don't know if that will come to pass, but it is an interesting possibility.
    Six months from now well be close to the election, all the polls, news media, any and everything will have Trump losing, and Dems and their media will either manufacturer another crisis as well as have Trump losing again. Not only that, it's going to take time for stock to catch up to demand. We also don't know what mass shootings may or may not happen between then... I actually don't see a bunch of great prices on used guns and because supply is great than demand happening until after the election again contingent on another Trump victory...

I also do not believe that there's hordes of mostly formally gun hating liberals who are buying everything up like the consensus seems to be.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APX-9M View Post
    I also do not believe that there's hordes of mostly formally gun hating liberals who are buying everything up like the consensus seems to be.
    Agreed. I don't think it's the staunchly anti-gun crowd that's been making the run on everything, or at least not at this point. I believe it's mostly the on-the-fence, "never had a real opinion either way" crowd. They weren't interested in guns but didn't necessarily have a problem with them.

But something tells me that many of them will become dedicated 2nd Amendment supporters after this.
    SFury, matthew03, APX-9M and 2 others like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    I'm in a panic about the shortage of Peeps. I went to the store today and they had run out!

matthew03, Pete63, OD* and 3 others like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“Freedom and responsibility appear to have been no more than an experimental blip in human history.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Seventeen posts in the last two years, and you haven't said a word since you posted this click-baiter. Well-played.
    I always appreciate these, it gives the core group something to talk about, and it’s not like we are missing the op, this is the first I knew he was here.
    Mike1956, APX-9M, Pete63 and 6 others like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Agreed. I don't think it's the staunchly anti-gun crowd that's been making the run on everything, or at least not at this point. I believe it's mostly the on-the-fence, "never had a real opinion either way" crowd. They weren't interested in guns but didn't necessarily have a problem with them.

But something tells me that many of them will become dedicated 2nd Amendment supporters after this.
    Could go either way. Some might become supporters, but I'm not holding my breath.. I have several Liberal co-workers who own and like guns, but will never vote for a Republican ticket. All my co-workers know my political beliefs via my bumber stickers. I have one guy who says he owns a couple of handguns, but we've had a few friendly debates while on the clock in which he expressed how no one needs an asualt weapon, hi cap mags, and he's for background checks. I see a lot of mostly urban and middle to lower income types at my LGS in my area as well buying guns. There are a few younger African American men in their mid twenties at my job who own ARs and AKs, but they don't really know the laws or follow what's going on with regards to firearm rights. They barely even know the make/model of the guns they own... All they know is that it's an AK, AR, Draco, Glock, Taurus... Ask them who manufactured the AR or Ak they purchased or what model handgun they have, and 8 out of 10 times they have this befuddled look on their face...

Guess my point was is, there are a lot of Liberal or middle of the road gun owners who are both casual gun owners or who are into guns who either do not vote or will not vote base on gun rights as it's not something that they think about, follow, nor is a priority that's high up on their list...
    SpringerXD likes this.

Anyone know where the whole "liberal and new gun owners are panic buying" came from and what's it being based on? How does the OP and others know the people who are lined up are mostly first time gun owners?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APX-9M View Post
    Anyone know where the whole "liberal and new gun owners are panic buying" came from and what's it being based on? How does the OP and others know the people who are lined up are mostly first time gun owners?
    This is purely anecdotal, but I belong to several gun forums and I've been hearing from gun store dealers and employees who are saying this, that it's mostly first-timers. But then again, it may not be that first-time buyers are the majority, but only that they stick out more because they need more assistance.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Senior Moderator
    Mrs. BMc saves the day!

She found Peeps down at the Family Dollar store this afternoon.

Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“Freedom and responsibility appear to have been no more than an experimental blip in human history.”

There's a new video from WPS for this new crop of shooters. Covers the basics pretty well with a little levity up front.

Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Why would someone stand in line (6 ft distance) for a chance to buy a gun at a store that was selling out while all this virus stuff going on? Any gun person already has several and plenty of ammo. Lately has been a good time to stay away from anything you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by dennycrane View Post
    I see people lined up in the streets (less than 6 feet apart) waiting to buy what I assume to be a defensive carry weapon for most of them. Will they become responsible and conscience owners: or will they be on the edge ready to gun down anything that makes them nervous. Will a bunch of fly by night firearm instructors pop up ready to train them.

I think owning a gun is a conscience decision one should make not a panic buy like a pregnancy test or cold sore cream.
    One side of my family has been gun owners since the 1700's. None other than a few who served in the military or as a LEO, ever had any formal training with a gun. But they have done all right for themselves! Even my own mother, during WWII was able to defend herself and her sister. She figured out how to point the gun, and pull the trigger!
    I will never tell people not to get good training! But I also don't see it as necessary to defend your self! DR

Distinguished Member Array GraySkies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I'm in a panic about the shortage of Peeps. I went to the store today and they had run out!
    I heard that they stopped production on peeps entirely, because coronavirus...
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    The antis just don't understand the depth of love & bonding that comes with guns - redbirddog5

2nd AMENDMENT: The gateway drug to freedom addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by GraySkies View Post
    I heard that they stopped production on peeps entirely, because coronavirus...
    China has really stepped in it now!
    matthew03 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    This is purely anecdotal, but I belong to several gun forums and I've been hearing from gun store dealers and employees who are saying this, that it's mostly first-timers. But then again, it may not be that first-time buyers are the majority, but only that they stick out more because they need more assistance.
    I know from stopping at the LGS to get a new decapping pin, that Our local news crew was interviewing new gun buyers. Now the news guy was sort of leading them on, But he would ask what kind of gun did they want? and the overwhelming answer was "Black". They did not care if it was a shotgun, rifle or handgun, as long as they got one. They had a hard time believing that they were going to have to come back in ten days to pick up that gun! and again the News guy was leading them, But they wanted to know more about that Loophole they hear so much about!
    There were about 20 people in that line, and the news guy interviewed at least 5 of them. He picked them, I assume He picked them because he could see that they were new. But at least 5 of the 20 were new gun buyers. DR
    OldVet and SpringerXD like this.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links